Marriott International has confirmed plans to reflag over 20 of its UK regional Marriott hotels under the Delta by Marriott brand.
A total of 23 properties are set to be rebranded, following an agreement between Marriott and the hotels’ owner.
Among those set to be reflagged include Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel, Liverpool Marriott Hotel City Centre, Edinburgh Marriott Hotel and Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel. A full list can be seen below.
Marriott said that the hotels would be rebranded from October this year, followed by a phased renovation schedule, and all properties are expected to be renovated and rebranded by late summer 2023.
External signage has already been changed at some of the hotels including Bexleyheath and Preston, with Northampton, York, Manchester Airport and Newcastle Metro Centre to follow.
The group said that the decision was the result of “long standing discussions with owners of Marriott branded hotels globally regarding the Marriott Hotels Product Transformation strategy”.
Marriott said that as a result of these discussions the parties had agreed to transition 23 UK hotels “into a new Marriott International brand, which all parties agree will help drive the long-term success of these properties”.
The group added that the owner is “investing significantly in this transition, with each property having a tailored renovation plan”.
“The outcome of this owner investment and brand transition will be a refreshed hotel product and a seamless guest experience.”
Marriott Bonvoy membership benefits will remain the same at the reflagged hotels, and the group stressed that “There will be no impact on staffing levels or terms at the hotels as a result of the brand transition”.
All remaining Marriott Hotels in the UK will continue to be managed by Marriott International under the Marriott Hotels brand.
Marriott acquired the Delta Hotels brand in 2015, and added its first UK properties in 2019. The Marriott website currently lists six Delta properties in the UK, in Brockworth, Cheshunt/Broxbourne, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Telford and Warwick.
Globally the brand has around 90 hotels across North America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, and Central America and Caribbean.
The 23 properties transitioning to Delta Hotels by Marriott in the UK are:
- Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel
- Durham Marriott Hotel Royal County
- Swindon Marriott Hotel
- Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel
- Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
- Northampton Marriott Hotel
- Newcastle Gateshead Marriott Hotel MetroCentre
- Birmingham Marriott Hotel
- Preston Marriott Hotel
- Edinburgh Marriott Hotel
- Liverpool Marriott Hotel City Centre
- Bristol Marriott Hotel City Centre
- Waltham Abbey Marriott Hotel
- Swansea Marriott Hotel
- Peterborough Marriott Hotel
- Huntingdon Marriott Hotel
- Aberdeen Marriott Hotel
- St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club
- Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
- Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel & Country Club
- Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club
- Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
- York Marriott Hotel