What is this board about?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 150 total)

• Irons80
    Participant

I agree LP! The best post so far!

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Vertrek

I haven’t been posting recently and was thinking about coming back, but not into a negative atmosphere.

Rather than rake over old coals (excuse the slang, I mean open up old issues), I’d rather just move forwards and focus on business travel.

But if this is not feasible, then I will just withdraw again and wait for the new forum, with moderation.

I was hoping that Irons80 might choose to make a positive contribution and I would still welcome that.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Papilion, our posts keep crossing! Thanks for that. I’m in Europe now so a bit more busy, so have a little less time to post. When I’m back In South Africa I have more time on my hands and what better way to spend dark evening (for winter is coming there now) than to post or tweet away!!!

Glad you enjoyed Gleneagles, we’re going to try and make a visit around end June. LHW have a 1 night free for 4 stays, and I have 2 free nights now, so will try and use them as part of a five day stay.

If you ever get to Lugano or Cape Town let me know and I’ll recommend some great places for you and the DH to try out.

All the best,
    LP.

Papillion53
    Participant

Mr LP – I think we must have all had a “I’ve had enough of this” moment! LOL!

We know who we are and that’s all that matters – now about that drink – I really do love living in the north of Scotland, but how a girl does hanker for a glass of the finest bubbles at the American Bar in the Savoy dahling – if it’s still there after the refurb???

Ha ha ha – just crossed again!

Mind you a very nice glass of the pink stuff accompanied afternoon tea at Gleneagles last week!

RichHI1
    Participant

LP then we can discuss which pub Is best and what we are having to drink… 🙂 nice to have sane post.
    Vertrek enjoy the Acela. I an UK today and it feels like 30 below…. Horrible.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Laurent Perrier Rose perhaps? Our favourite!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Phew Rich, I need a drink after all these posts are coming in so fast and furious (no pun intended)! It’s going quicker than the Footsie and Dow are moving today….

Papillion53
    Participant

Mr LP – thanks for that! The DH worked in Mossel Bay years ago but I’ve never been to SA.

We’re already booked back to Gleneagles in June so that would be a real hoot (or warning! LOL!) if you were there too!

House of Ruinart champagne (apparently the world’s oldest champagne house) Very nice it was too.

RichHI1 – yes it’s blooming cold here today – defo need your thermals!

Hope you all have a lovely evening.

Vertrek
    Participant

Hi DoS, don’t worry about them, there are still poster who are neutral and or got your back. 😉

Hi Rich, thanks! Enjoy UK and keep warm! If you are in London and haven’t been to OXO Tower Bar, maybe meet up with LP and try it because it has a great view and nice selection of cocktails! 😉

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’ll post my dates when I’m next in London next or if in Gleneagles Pappillion it would be great to meet you and the DH. I’ll be with Mrs. LP and the junior pirates. The 12 year old is dying to play at Gleneagles and he has a handicap of 15 now.

I know Mossel Bay reasonably well and rive past quite often on the way to Cape Town. We live about 80 miles from there. If you’ve never been you have to visit. Book the Mount Nelson and you’ll absolutely love it.

RichHI1
    Participant

Vertrek, Nice idea but my working day is just about to start. No MaiTais for me.
    LP By the way I am not a captain of industry and if the IRS are reading this I cannot even spell million.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

LP – Junior Sinclair challenges Junior LP for the Junior BT Challenge trophy (if they will sponsor)!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Junior LP is up for it Martyn. Have to be sometime mid June to mid July, otherwise in South Africa! Well BT, what do you say. BT forum posters junior golf Challenge?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Presume we will be the caddys!

Either Gleneagles or Turnberry, I am cool. Will check dates with Mrs S and junior.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Not only that, but we’ll be buying the drinks afterwards as well!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 150 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls