What is this board about?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 150 total)

• HongKongLady
    Participant

Have just read this whole thread and wow what a roller coaster. Let s all just agree to live and let live or in our cases post and let post.
    I have gained some valuable information from the site and the forum and mostly people genuinely want to help if advice is sought. We will never all agree but surely that is what makes things interesting

VintageKrug
    Participant

My representation of the situation reflected my first hand experience.

It was that there were no queues, even on the same evening that others posted there were long lines. The very next day, my experience was also one of no queues.

Some may say this was “made up” others would say it was a valid reflection of what is a fast changing situation, as one would expect when large numbers of passengers are disgorged from 747s in quick succession from more “tricky” destinations, followed by no longhaul arrivals for a while, and changed rosters do not adapt staffing to accommodate such changing flows.

Others may doubt the veracity of other posters whose travel experiences are consistently and extraordinarily unfortunate, seeming to fail at every turn, and when they are a success (e.g. redeeming four F seats to high demand destinations) we don’t hear mention of it until something bad happens.

Those that seek to undermine what I post are the malefactors here. Not me.

They weren’t there at the same times I was, so can have no possible authority in the matter.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

LP, are you still up for the Junior golf classic in Glen or Turn ?

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

May I just ask, am I the only person who is beginning to find the volume of posts coming from one poster, mostly concerning borderline trivial issues to be a bit wearing?

It reminds me of the time around Christmas when another poster seemed to have to comment on every post only now there is a plethora of new, borderline topics too.

I am beginning to wonder if that poster does anything else but post here.

GrahamC
    Participant

No you are not the only one LPPSKrisflyer, it does appear the forum is being turned into a personal blog.

It’s almost becoming impossible to find anything interesting on the forums now, by the time I check the interesting threads have been pushed below the fold.

Swindoneric
    Participant

Agreed. This morning’s plethora of posts was ridiculous.

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

I also concur.
    A post I made a couple of days ago following a plethora of new threads, politely suggested… sometimes less is more. The response was “I just like to engage debate and get people talking”

NTarrant
    Participant

I too concur, there appears to be some irrelevant postings and the regurgetating of old worn out ones

skyguy79
    Participant

Hmmm, I wonder who they are talking about ? Is it the Senegal Tourism Manager ? Or the BA Head of Marketing ? Oh no, let’s just single out skyguy79 because he has news and information to share.

In response to this thread, this forum is for toffeee nosed snobs who feel their way is the only way as they have been flying since the year dot and everyone else is just a lowlife. Not all of us are lucky enough to spend our lives on aircraft you know ? And not every forum member has the latest airline news.
    No doubt I’ll be shot down for saying this as well…..Wishing the snobs a nice weekend and a note to get a life..

transtraxman
    Participant

There has been an inordinate amount of posting over the last eight days by one poster in particular, with nothing particular to say.

If you look at the postings of today between these times….
    “Glasgow possible destination for Qatar Airways by 2013”
    25/05/2012 10:26 GMT
    and “Should airlines compensate for delays?”
    25/05/2012 15:00 GMT …
    you will find that one poster has been abnormally active.

-The first post mentioned has only two posts, both by the same poster.
    -The post on rthe “United Livery” was started by the poster, has remained dormant for almost 2 months and been regurgitated by him(her – I will use the masculine form).
    -The post on “Etihadinburgh” was started by the poster on 28th March and regurgitated after 7.5 weeks today, by the same.
    -The “Turkish commencing Tallin….” has three posts 2 of which are by the poster.
    -The post “Will London Airways…..” started by , guess who?. But at least this has reaction from other posters.

That is only mentioning today, 25th May 2012. However, if you go back to 14th May then you can see on the threads dealing Airports and Airlines there is an ever increasing commencement of threads by this poster who seems to take a delight in pushing more important posts off the front page.

This poster is FLYGUY79 and in my opinion his aim is to spam the site.

There is another “Guy” who has been super active of late, but I hope that neither he nor his namesake want to swamp the website with posts of marginal interest.

NB: I have just seen his final note at 15.10 GMT. May it be the last.

skyguy79
    Participant

I am sat with some colleagues and we are laughing our heads off at this drivel with those that contribute little or nothing.

Maybe instead of looking at how much I have posted, the forum vampires can post threads of interest and maybe create a whole new following ?

Get a life x 1000000000000000000 !!!!!

With love from “FLY”GUY !! hahahah !!

NTarrant
    Participant

Posting of threads that are of interest?

Umm, like the one “I can’t afford a copy of BT, but would you nick me one from the lounge?”

skyguy79
    Participant

NTarrant, I never asked anyone to “nick” anything for me from anywhere.

If my financial status is funny for you then I pray to God you don’t go through half of what I have endured in the last 2 years.

So now it’s personal attacks ? I dare say if I shut my account down the bitchiness and aggressiveness here will still carry on so won’t give the pleasure to those who feel they are a cut above.

Gentlemen (and ladies) – it’s Friday afternoon and the sun is shining, in London at least. Please can we draw a line under this and move on.

I hope to have a relaxing weekend, and don’t particularly want to be constantly checking this thread.

Thank you for your co-operation and I hope everyone has a great weekend.

skyguy79
    Participant

Thanks BT for aiming to close this pettiness that is developing (from others to me). And if anyone has time, please do check out my profile photo to see how non monstrous I look !

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 150 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls