What is this board about?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 150 total)

• Irons80
    Participant

You’ve made your attitude towards posters and your perceived value of their contributions – including those of myself – quite clear and in an unpleasant and bossy manner. Starting this very thread was an example of your forwarding your own point of view, whilst disregarding or criticising the opinions of others who don’t agree with you. I don’t believe it’s your role or duty ‘say something in a world where valuable contributors were jumping ship and their contributions were going missing in place of ill informed trivia’ – you are subjectively deciding what is trivia and so on. You can do that, but it’s unfair to ram that viewpoint down the throats of others, which you frequently do.

Therefore, Martyn is quite correct in suggesting that you are acting as Chairman of the Board – of course, I am man enough to say that is my opinion, whilst accepting and embracing the fact that others – including yourself – might disagree.

CXDiamond
    Participant

Oh for goodness sake, Irons80 if you haven’t got anything helpful to say, do us all a favour and keep quiet. One day you might be able to make a positive post but I won’t hold my breath waiting.

HT was right to start this thread and I for one am very glad he did. The point made needed making about trivia and the like. There is now some sense being posted for the first time in quite a few months. A little less BA first nonsense and we’ll really be getting somewhere.

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

Irons80 – I thought you were considering posting a plethora of interesting, beneficial, informative posts instead of reverting to type and merely whinging about posters.

Take a look at your last dozen + posts Irons80 – they are nothing but a constant stream of digs and whinges. Please dig deep to try and contribute some original thought and beneficial information as virtually everyone else manages to do.

This forum, just as life, is more positive than negative – make your contribution to the positivity.

Irons80
    Participant

Ha – that’s rich coming from you! Who are you to judge what’s interesting or not? Who died and made you boss? I think most of your posts are a constant stream of ‘digs and whinges’ too. But why are you more right then me?

Some people need to get off their high horse for a moment – that would make this forum a far more constructive place.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Irons80

In the past, you have said that you are an experienced traveller, so why don’t you share something with us?

I am sure it would be well received, this forum has been a useful source of info for many and you might really help someone with an insight or tip.

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

Irons80 – continued negativity. My posts prior to 14:20 today included sharing info in an atempt to help Martyn to find an an environmental vehicle, information on where to claim refunds from the Price-Fixing etc etc…

I cannot find a single positive, helpful post from yourself Irons80 over the last 2+ months, let alone the last day.

Try to be a more positive person and make positive forum posts, it may help you to be happier.

Vertrek
    Participant

Does anyone find this thread funny and interesting? I think this is the first time ever where all of the Pro-BAs are criticised and suddenly they are all dissapeared.

And someone who suggested this thread to be deleted, LOL!! That person should really be ashamed of his/herself.

I don’t know if it has been suggested or not. But let’s be friendly to each other and respect the contributors comments, if someone like BA let them be, if someone like LH let them be and if someone like AF let them be as well, do criticised in a professional or friendly manner but don’t be childish when doing so, which I think most of the Pro-BAs do, comment such as “if you don’t like it here go somewhere else” from “BB” is quiet childish, don’t you think?

We should know that BT is not a BA marketing platform (hopefully), and to all Pro-BA please be more respectful when it comes to criticised the minorities (Non-BA) as they also do have right to comment on their experiences with other airlines.

There was one time when someone was happy with KLM B747 Economy experience and posted a review, and he got bombarded with comment such as “he must be on something to enjoy KLM Y” and so on, again, don’t you think it’s too harsh? And who are you to say that? At least he/she being honest and Had no agenda or what so ever, i actually really pity that poster.

Anyway, let us be more respectful in criticizing.
    Once again HT, I praised you for this thread! Well done!

Have a safe travel everyone.

P.S sorry for any spelling and grammar mistakes as I am replying it from my iPhone.

Papillion53
    Participant

I first came across this forum when I was looking for information on T5 Concorde Room access and receiving great help and answers from MartynSinclair, Lugano Pirate, VK, etc and since have enjoyed reading the forum over the past few months, just for interests sake and because I enjoyed it, gleaning extremely useful information for my travels with my husband and for him when he travels on business.

However, this thread is really getting out of hand. In spite of my best intentions to ignore it all, I find some of today’s comments just downright ridiculous – telling someone to “keep quiet”, not very grown up is it!.

My question to all of you – if you are all such busy, highflying executives who wish to discuss only serious business travel matters and have such (as is implied by some) serious highflying jobs and careers – how on earth do you have time to read all of these posts, let alone respond to them?????

I note with some sadness that posters with whom I have enjoyed some repartie seem to have not been around lately, and quite frankly I don’t blame them!

Someone posted earlier that some of you are up a certain part of your anatomy and with all due respect BT, that is exactly what is coming across from a large number of posters. Just because you fly in a premium cabin does not make you a premium person.

Irons80 is right, time to get off those high horses before you suffer the indignity of a fall!

Irons80
    Participant

Funny that ‘FormerlyDofS’ – when I first posted and tried to impart some of my knowledge and information from my travels (I am a BA Gold card holder, so I must have flown a bit), it was your attacks that put me in the frame of mind that posting on here is often an unpleasant experience. Again, why should I have to change but others do not? It’s really as if some people do thing they run the joint…

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Irons80

Okay, so you don’t want to shake hands and move on, your choice.

Bye..

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I thought (hoped) this thread had come to an end and died, obviously not. I also thought I would stop posting to this thread (but not to the forum) but have decided to add my tuppence worth in view of the previous comments.

I have to agree with Vertrek here. If VK or anyone else is pushing BA or trying to divert a thread that way, so be it, we can just ignore it if we want. Nothing forces us read a particular post or thread.

If someone likes to fly KLM or Air France, so be it. I wouldn’t fly AF but many millions do every year so good luck to them, and I’m sure there will be good and bad experiences no matter the airline.

I’m all praise for Lufthansa, but recently a friend of mine had an unpleasant experience. So be it, it won’t be the first nor the last I’m sure, but I’m equally sure the whole world will not abandon them because of an adverse comment or two.

The idea of this forum is to comment on travel, help with advice to those who may need it and so on, and I’d say this brief is largely met. Is it really so bad if posters wander from this now and again? I really don’t think so!

Papillion53
    Participant

Good afternoon Mr LP

You were one of the posters I meant when I wrote I hadn’t noticed you around recently – good to read your thoughts! 🙂

By the way, had a fabulous trip to Gleneagles last week for our wedding anniversary – managed to get the DH away for a few days in between business trips – you will simply have to take Mrs LP there! The Andrew Fairlie restaurant was outstanding! The golf courses looked amazing as they prepare for the Ryder Cup 2014 (and they’ve got all the branded stuff in the golf shop already!) The weather helped as well – a positively balmy 20C, unlike today with snow and 2C!

Irons80
    Participant

‘FormerlyDofS’ – if you are offering some kind of olive branch, you have a funny way of expressing it! I am a little confused as to where your explicit offer to shake hands and move on was suggested. Instead you said that I ignored it?!!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Well posted papillion, your post came in as I was typing mine but you make some very good points.

I’m always suspicious of people who claim to be a top exec, very rich etc. Those who are don’t usually boast about it and of course on a forum such as this it’s not really possible to prove or disprove the contrary.

It’s like those anonymous surveys company’s send out. When it comes to salary how many of us tick the $1 million + box or tick the lower age band? I confess I do all the time despite the fact I only earn $999,999 a year 😉

There’s enough anger in the world without petty squabbles between posters. Time we all went to the pub and put this one behind us I think?

Vertrek
    Participant

Papi: I don’ t read this thread I just scanned it through as I am waiting for my train in Penn to Boston as I am on a solo holiday and kinda bored.

Iron: You experienced it, why turned to Be one? Ever wonder why FormerlyDoS criticised you? Maybe for the same reason and frustration that he received from other posters? Is it DoS?

Btw, loving the announcement in Penn “all aboard please, all aboard!” 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 150 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls