Singapore Airlines new website

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 295 total)

• kiwiinsing
    Participant

I tried one more time to book online — and got this result.

A system error has occurred. Please try again. (PGyYNy!62622180)

So have booked on Thai Air instead. Very easy website to use, if you want to stick to Star Alliance in Asia. http://www.thaiairways.com.sg/

Fredpang
    Participant

Yes. It is still not working till today. I am not able to choose the seats and amend my flight schedule. The payment functions also failed.

karen44
    Participant

I have been trying to access the website since yesterday.E-mail reply telling me to get telephone number from contact us site is no use and I have also just read in a previous comment that third party booking is not available on the website, this is precisely what I need to book flights for my 84 year old mother.

ThomasK
    Participant

First let me say, I still do not like the website. I had complained to the local SQ office asking them to forward my complains to the SQ headquarters. They replied and said they did. Let’s see if that helps. They also gave me a phone number in Germany and said I can make my bookings there and they will honor the price on the SQ website. So I called in, told them exactly what I wanted, the fare and booking class and within 20 minutes they called me back and gave me an even better fare in the same booking class, So I booked everything over the phone, paid by credit card and all was very SQ like professional done. That was for 5 pax. Later when I wanted to choose my seats that did not work and I was only able to request isle or window since all seats were already marked as occupied. Well anyway, I got my bookings and my FF information included. The kids are happy since SQ is there and my favorite airline, SIN one of the favorite Airports and I am too. Just wished they would go back to the old SQ website or fix the new one so that it works and not always gives you all these error codes.

FrancoConte
    Participant

Hi everyone.
    I’m going to start a website to lobby for the re-instate of the old Singapore Air’s website, by collecting customers opinions.
    I live in Singapore and I think Singapore Air is one of the jewels of the country. The website is its face to the world and it’s currently been de-faced.
    I’m proud to live here and I’m not going to accept a sub-par job.
    As in the spirit of our Founding Father, we must always strive for the very best.
    Any one would like to help, maybe if you have the right skills to write the front page or suggesting the best open source software to use to collect feedback?
    I can be contacted at franco.conte777 attt gmail.com

Thanks.
    Frank

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

I’ve just had a try at booking a return in F LHR-SYD, I got an error message so have booked with Emirates, no error messages there!

RCinBelper
    Participant

It just gets better and better. This is the headline message on the home page at the moment:

We could not find the page you were looking for

The page you were looking for may have been removed, renamed or is temporarily unavailable.

Please contact us if you need assistance or would like to report the error.

I need to go to Australia again next week and I want to fly SQ.

FrancoConte
    Participant

We’ve started an online petition to have the old website back:

http://www.change.org/petitions/singapore-airlinesbrplease-give-us-back-the-old-website

EugeneChan
    Participant

Yesterday, I attempted to change 4 Singapore-Sydney business class tickets online but after repeated attempts of clicking the confirm button, an error message kept on appearing. I was quite frustrated and rang the Singapore Airlines ticketing office. The agent told me to leave my details because he was not suited to deal with the issue, and that another agent will contact me to rectify the issue. I said that it was urgent and he ensured that someone will get back to me as soon as possible.

I decided to call another line and this time, another agent could help change the date of my flight. I was impressed by the service that I received – it was efficient and professional. He recognised that there were problems with the website and offered to waive the service fee, which was welcomed. So after 10 minutes, my booking was changed to my satisfaction.

What I found even more pleasant was that several minutes after changing my booking, another Singapore Airlines agent called me with the aim of changing my booking (because she had not realised at that time that I had in fact already changed it). This call was within 15 minutes of calling the first agent to leave my details.

To me, this demonstrates that the customer service and professionalism of the Singapore Airlines staff have not diminished either in form or substance. Although the Singapore Airlines website is laden with problems, it is not a reflection of the airline’s customer service. They must be kept separate and I will continue to fly Singapore Airlines (but until their website is fixed, I will continue to book flights through their telephone ticketing line on the assumption that the service fee will be waived).

DavidHawke
    Participant

Two days ago in “Manage My Booking” I attempted to book a flight upgrade but a “system error” would not permit me to complete the booking. I phoned SQ and the agent was most obliging, completed the booking with the same number of points deducted as if I had processed it myself online. I appreciated this service.

OzTraveller
    Participant

I know I am repeating myself here but I just can’t understand why you all book flights thru any airline website. All these complaints about attempting to book or change flights on the SQ website have me wondering how savvy you are! Have none of you a travel agent that can offer a far more personalised service; fares that are less than the published fares on SQ site; the ability with 1 phone call to the agent to change anything…? Is Australia the only country that has reputable, knowledgeable travel agents with airfares better than the published fares? I shouldn’t think so.

Whilst I agree the SQ website is suffering technical glitches at the moment, why on earth would you use it to actually book revenue air tickets?

Danieljs
    Participant

Perhaps because people would rather be in control of their own bookings, and travel agents aren’t always the most efficient way to make a booking. I have only once booked through a travel agent and i much prefer to be able to make ammendments to my own booking without the hassle of contacting a travel agent. Particularly when they are only open certain hours if they are located in a shopping mall. However i do much prefer the previous SQ website to the new one, especially when trying to choose a flight combination and it only scrolls half of the page.

EugeneChan
    Participant

To OzTraveller, I’m also from Australia and I have to agree with you that travel agents are knowledgeable and can make the process easier and hassle-free, but they do not ALWAYS have the best airfares and that is why I resort to doing it online. Also, as Danieljs said, it means that I have more control.

But at the same time, if the travel agent is cheaper or if I’m dealing with a complicated travel plan with several flights or if I want some type of package deal (e.g. hotel, flights and transfers), then I’ll go with the travel agent. Also, some travel agents give very personalised services suited to your expectations, budget, spending habits etc. but I find that depends on where in Sydney your travel agent is located.

OzTraveller
    Participant

@Danieljs and EugeneChan … in all the years I have been travelling internationally from Australia, I have never once found a fare on an airline’s own website that a travel agent could not beat or at least match. I also gave an example in my post 10/6/11 of Expedia.com.au having fares some $2600 cheaper than the exact same flight on the SQ website. If you prefer to be “in control” of your own bookings, and you think that dealing with a travel agent you somehow lose “control”, so be it but it’s costing you lots of money to think that way.

Do as you please, it’s your money of course, but I am simply amazed that the facts as I have shown them above don’t sway you away from booking on an airline’s own website.

EugeneChan, I don’t even visit my travel agent after the initial contact to discuss my flight, hotel, etc preferences. After that, it’s on the phone or email.

Danieljs
    Participant

I never said anything to do with travel agents being cheaper than the airlines, however i have compared flights between webjet, expedia and the airline website it’s self and 99% of the time i have found the website of the airline to be cheaper. Because travel agents dont charge you for just the flight, they charge to make the bookings aswell, they do have to employ people and pay them. Including expedia and webjet, they all employ call centre agents etc.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 295 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls