Singapore Airlines new website

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 295 total)

• peterferraro
    Participant

The SIA site used to be one of the best ever consumer experiences. The new site is just simply abhorrent. This morning I tried changing a flight and the system mixed up the “from” and “to” locations. Later trying to do an altogether new booking it suddenly timed-out within seconds rather than minutes. So try again, did a new booking and it keeps saying “application error”. I won’t even begin to desribe the trauma of trying to change my personal particulars in my profile to enter an isle seat instead of a window seat. System keeps saying my Krisflyer number isn’t valid – but it is the very number that i logged with you idiots !!

This has just becoming so utterly unacceptable that I dare waste more time and log these on this website. How can a country which recently reached the highest GDP per capita in the world with a flag carrier so distinguished, fall to such a dismal service standard ? And this is a country foremost in Information Technology – their airline carrier should be a reflection of their unmatched technical competence ! Happy to see they now after all this time recognise something is amiss and while they at it – drop the “Krisflyer” – no-one in the world knows or cares who or what “Kris” was, just label it “Singflyer” – the world will instantly relate.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Will all the problems with BA.com it reminded me of this issue. Am I right to believe that as we have had no further replies to this thread that this is no longer an issue?

KSHaggag
    Participant

Maybe people got tired to write and post anymore !!….

RCinBelper
    Participant

It was me who started this off back in May 2011. As it happens I am currently in Brisbane, flying back to the UK on Sunday with SQ having travelled out with a stopover in Singapore. The SQ website is still dire. I have been flying more with EK and QF recently and it is dead straightforward to book, amend and check-in on line via their websites. Checking in twice with SQ had me pulling what little is left of my hair out. I’ll pay more attention when I check-in at the weekend and maybe post some more specific comments.

PrashanThiagarajah
    Participant

I would home someone from SIA is viewing this thread – I recently booked and flew with SIA – the site could be improved by a 5 year old. Having completed my travel in Sept 2012, I received an email yesterday mentioning my flight was ready for checking – the email also contained a number of personal details – I wonder how random these are and wouldn’t be surprised due to the various technical flaws, data privacy issues are also being exposed.

The SIA Customer Service has also aligned itself with this sub standard web site – this is great news for airlines such as BA who now get my regular custom and from personal experience, their customer service has improved significantly

Vertrek
    Participant

Hi those who threaten not to fly SQ anymore cos of their website glitch,
    If you are a fans of BA, with the current BA glitch, will you say the same thing and stop flying BA or just stay quiet as if nothing is happening?

Really interested to know the answer to that. =)

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

I’m not a heavy user of the SQ site but I have found it to be reliable over the last three to four months.

It’s still far from the best but a complete makeover would have been out of the question as SQ managment would then have had to admit they got it wrong. Unthinkable!

petersham
    Participant

Since “Henkel.Trocken” claims the site has NOT had problems in the recent months, I will give it a go next time.

SQ Management should send out an email to all krisflyer members empathising with the difficulties caused to customers and assuring the services will be above average at least.

Arrogance will not get back their lost customers!

goldenboy
    Participant

My experience over the past months may be a good tell tale sign about SIA’s arrogance and state of denial on its new website.
    Every time that I tried checking-in online, the system tells me that my particulars are not up-to-date. This despite my updating it during my last online check-in. I had to repeat this process when I checked in online for Bangkok in february; then when I checked-in for Istanbul in March; and for checking in for Taipei in April. I also had poor results like problems with the response time and seat/meal selection. Seems like SIA is very amateurish on the online front.
    To add insult to injury, when I provided this feedback online, the auto-genearted response thank me for the “compliment”. What a laugh!
    I also contacted the loyalty club contact center and after some time, a customer affairs officer emailed me asking for a good time to have a conversation about my complaints. I told them that they can certainly call me anytime on a specified day on the following week. That day came and gone with no calls. An email came from her after over a week apologizing for being away for that period of time. I find the gaps in the service response kind of hilarious. Any of you folks had similar customer experiences? Do they seem arrogant and are also in a state of denial?

CXDiamond
    Participant

IM it’s currently a mixed bag.

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t.

Further up this thread many have recounted the reasons why this website will never work as of course there’s nothing wrong with it!

It needs a total replacement but I guess that will take about six years which seems to be about the lifetime of a website for a large corporate. If you come back after that it may be as good as the website they took down when the current one was created which wasn’t great but at least you could do the basic things on it.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Finally ,it seems that SQ among other airlines whose website functionality leaves to desire are employing less than professional juniors to do the website ..the result is appalling …I will not mention those other airlines ..but many of them claim all the time that they are overhauling their sites just to end up offering lousier products …..

I have never had a better online experience than with CX several several times …even for tickets reissue and calculation..just like a breeze …head and shoulders above the pack !!..the drawback is you cannot fly CX all the time coz they don t cover the whole globe …

petersham
    Participant

I agree with KSHaggag fully. I booked and flew the CX flight form Sydney to HK and it was a pleasure & easy to use. Why can’t SIA spend more money to employ capable web developers. After the first apology 2 years ago by the CEO, no more apology or explanation by him about the continued problems their customers face. Arrogance!
    I am flying tomorrow by Qantas to BKK and again the booking was not too bad. I am scared of Qantas due to the issues they had. Still I bought from them since their Web site is not as bad as SQ web and the price is cheaper than other airlines like Thai. I also preferred to go directly without any stop over. SQ lost a customer since I always used to book SQ before from Sydney to BKK.

WillieWelsh
    Participant

CX do indeed have a good website, the other one I find to be dependable and reliable is Lufthansa, never had a problem there.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Indeed …CAthay got it right from the start loooooong ago ..I rebooked my segments,reissued my ticket online and got the difference due to me reimbursed !!! Even better and swifter than through a ticketing agent ,,,superb,!!!!!…moreover ,their software is so swift and responsive …never seen like it !!!!…thumbs up ,CX….
    Yep…LH has a good functioning site too but not as smooth as CX…I believe BT should include in it’s annual readers poll awards the category of best most functional website and booking engine….my vote will go to CX without any discussion …

goldenboy
    Participant

Folks, my experience with United web site is very trouble-free. I have no problem so far although I am not a frequent user, being a United Premier Executive.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 295 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls