Singapore Airlines new website

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 295 total)

• cbroo79
    Participant

Really!! And you really think the fix to the website will fix what is wrong with SQ…???
    Unless they take a real hard look at everything and go back to waht made them No.1 in the first place, SQ is not coming back but will continue to go down. Their arrogance is the root cause!

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

I didn’t say that! I said the booking system was being fixed and that is, I understand by transferring it all to Amadeus which should work perfectly like it does on any other website.

I doubt it will fix the corporate arrogance though at least fourteen months after introducing what must have been the worst website of a major carrier ever, they have fixed it, even if the admission is couched in other language.

Micryst
    Participant

Hi..

This is my updates about some new website had launched for the Malaysian and Singaporean…

Malaysia Vacations: http://www.explura.com.my
    Singapore Vacations: http://www.explura.com.sg/

Thank you!!!
    Micrys

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

The migration to the new booking system is reported to be complete. They are not saying what it is and nothing looks any different. It’s reported to be Amadeus. If it is, it would probably help SIA to regain the confidence of travellers but as usual they are maintaining an arrogant silence because of course there was nothing wrong with the disaster of the last fifteen months….

http://singaporeair.com/pdf/media-centre/pbss/120708-faq-customers.pdf

KF-Gold
    Participant

firstly the advance email sent to frequent flyers said only flights departing on Jul 8 were to be affected and I booked flight for Jul 9. on Jul 8 I was told not possible to do anything and told to be at the airport at 5am, and call centre insist all along they have notified that flightson Jul 9 are also affected. I check all correspondence and web pages saved, but nothing to that effect

secondly, well before the scheduled down time of 18:00 hours on Jul 7, the system was already down

then I had a call from some one in SQ telling me I could do internet check in earlier than expected, so far so good

the problem is, I need to know my new booking reference — because all existing bookings are given new booking ref.

From the look of it, these are generated from amadeus system

At the ‘manage my booking’ function, it still take ages to load

and lo and behold, I have 2 bookings totally disappeared from the system, one booking could be clicked but does not load, after 5 minutes of waiting, error prompts appear and I got logged out of the system

and had multiple bookings for some flights on the same date same sector

conclusion : a bigger mess than May 22, 2011

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

KF – have you checked you bookings on check my trip? If it is amadeus they should now show. I don’t have any new references yet so I can’t do it.

Cobra3
    Participant

as retarded as the krisflyer programme, almost impossible to redeem the flight of your choice without going through multiple compromise. if SQ continue to think they are the “rolls royce” of the air, they better think again because the some people prefer the bentley or maybach.

Lando Marco
    Participant

My mind boggles! You guys have been complaining about SQ for the past 15 months, some threatened not to fly them again others swear to avoid the airline and yet the same people a year later are still making bookings and patronizing the airline. I am a solitaire member but I have not seen the inside of a SQ or MI aircraft since Dec 2010 – my PPS statement only shows 3000 miles earned this year (from hotel stays) and my Solitare was renewed!! The membership doesn’t make any difference to me as I still intend to avoid SQ whenever possible.

Vertrek
    Participant

You guys demand too much… When will you ever be satisfied….
    Sigh…..

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

When the website works! Surely that is not too much to ask?

KF-Gold
    Participant

obviously some people won’t know 800,000 KF miles require how long to redeem and utilise

fu2u2UK
    Participant

I tried to book a flight from Bangkok to singapore on the web site and never got past entering the 1st page. It just kept going back to the home page. I tried four time and then gave up.

I then tried Air Asia, wow was that easy to use.

Vertrek
    Participant

LPPS, I do understand the frustration, but boycotting not to fly with them, that a little bit too much no?

Beside, it works for me and my MacBook Pro just fine and pass that, the famous SQ onboard service are always flawless. 🙂

petersham
    Participant

No idea about SQ anymore since I have stopped flying and using their website.
    Please update me if anyone finds it worth returning.

Cobra3
    Participant

smart move airmarc, i’ve done the same although i still fly SQ for their in-flight service quality and when it is the best possible route to take but i bank my milieage into UA Mileage Plus programme. SQ Krisflyer has been actively discriminating against their own members in the redemption process by not providing lower mileage redemption in their so-called newer aircraft models such as the First and Biz class seats on their 380s and the 777-300ERs. they finally allow these redemptions recently but only after raising the mileage required for such redmption. I soon found out why the change of heart, the biz class seats on most of the 777-300ERs are starting to get “tired” and no longer as prestigeous as initially launched. hard to beat this airline who consistently makes suckers out of their loyal customers and maintained profitability since 1987. with the cannibalising of their short-haul routes by low-cost carriers, those almost guaranteed profitable years are numbered. SQ, like their competitors should start seriously competing for the ever-competitive premium and frequent flying market.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 295 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls