Singapore Airlines new website

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 295 total)

• EugeneChan
    Participant

I have had a slightly different experience. Last year, I was looking for a one-way ticket from Vancouver to Sydney, flying Air Canada. I contacted my travel agent but the price she gave me was around AUD2000. On the Internet (I booked the same the Air Canada flight on the same day on Air New Zealand’s website), the flight was only AUD1400. I brought that price to the travel agent and she couldn’t find that same ticket – I think it was because I booked the ticket on Air New Zealand’s CANADIAN website, whereas she only had access to the Australian fares?? I wasn’t too sure but she couldn’t match the price.

But my travel agent has beaten other Internet fares in the past. So, maybe, the Vancouver ticket was an anomaly.

Anyway, in the end, I don’t really have a preference. I usually just go with what is cheaper and I always quote both the Internet and travel agent price. But as you – OzTraveller – say, the travel agent prices are always the same as the Internet fare, if not cheaper. Thas has not been my experience. Nevertheless, it just ends up on being personal preference as to whether one sides with a travel agent or Internet.

OzTraveller
    Participant

@danieljs airlines don’t have to employ people…? Don’t have to employ call centre agents …? I simply show you the facts that, for example, expedia.com.au was $2600 cheaper than the same flight/same date/same class on the SQ website ..

Danieljs
    Participant

I said nothing about airlines having to employ people, i said that websites like expedia and webjet have to employ call centre agents and they have to be paid therefore they can’t charge for outright fares, they have to charge a fee aswell.

OzTraveller
    Participant

Charge a fee or not …. you save $2600 and you are talking about a fee? .. over and out.

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

And after all that… the SIA website is still not functioning correctly. I take the point about SIA staff in their call centres behaving professionally but the website issues have now been going on for over a month.

That is not appropriate or professional and as earlier, the management heads are well and truly in the sand as otherwise the previous website would have been restored three and a half weeks ago with massive apologies. Instead we have the primary school version to play with.

Thank goodness for CX and TG etc, ease of booking is still possible for those of us who do not with to deal with the hassle of call centres or travel agents (one is as bad as the other as far as I am concerned).

AP_Rover
    Participant

I agree with all the comments about the new “dinasaur” Website. My son’s class of 10 year old’s could probably have done a better job.
    Is this a trend for the future?
    I fly SQ regularly and have been seeing a drop off in their level of service in flight.
    Maybe it’s time to go back to QF – left them becuase even MAS was better!

KF-Gold
    Participant

The website is VERY slow, they have the unnecessary airports listing which they don’t fly to and they also don’t sell other airlines’ ticket to it

The frequent flyer info is missing from my booking, that is if the booking made last time (yet to travel) could still be located

The Advanced Passenger Info required of all US-bound pax are missing

The multi-city booking is a joke – it is inoperable

There is always a “internal error” message when trying to complete a booking

Really got me fed up, booked Air China, Cathay, MAS, and United and already started to like them

Good bye, SIA

ethical
    Participant

New page on Facebook to promote the dissatisfaction with SQ’s new website

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Singapore-Airlines-New-Website-Lack-Of-Appreciation-Society/134096023337120

drflight
    Participant

The new website is still appalling. Trying to book a simple multi-city journey from London to Australia with a stop over in SIN in each direction is imposible to book online. One is either timed out or gets the ‘internal error’ code. The old website booked everything speedily and easily. This new website seems to be one gigantic embarrasment for one of the world’s top airlines.

softnose
    Participant

I absolutely agree that the new website is appalling.
    The look and feel tries too hard to look premium, while compromising on readability.
    It requires users to enter in the booking reference number while checking in (which wasn’t the case with the previous version). I tried so many times to book a flight and it just wasn’t working.
    And why is it that it requires us to login as a Krisflyer member multiple times at different touchpoints (home page and at the online check in page)?
    That’s what happens when you try to fix an unbroken vessel.

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

It’s now six weeks since the primary school designed website was launched. I wonder how much business it is costing them. I’ve spent about £14 000 with other airlines over the last few weeks that might have gone to SIA.

Surreyson
    Participant

Have tried to book 2 x J-Class tickets LHR-SYD-SIN-LHR. Website lets me get as far as making a booking, imputing the passenger names and Pre-assigning seats. Try to click through to the payment page and I just get a plain, blank page with the word ‘null’ at the top. Called SQ and apparently the booking is saved but need to call a UK number 2moro to make payment. I’m sceptical the fare will still be the same. Will be furious if it’s not. Took a couple of screenshots so I expect them to honour it.

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

You could try CX 😉 their website works!

Surreyson
    Participant

Has anybody actually managed to make a booking or completed a booking over the phone after trying to do so online firstly? Have SQ honoured internet fares?

RCinBelper
    Participant

I have been using Trailfinders and completely given up on the SQ website.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 295 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls