Singapore Airlines new website

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 295 total)

• LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

The one sure thing with SQ is that there will be no going back. They’ve introduced a number of things over the years that have been quite obviously mistakes but have stuck doggedly with them refusing to acknowledge that they were wrong. It’s probably a cultural thing about losing face. One of the biggest was alienating PPS club members back in 2007 where they changed the ground rules overnight, they’ve stuck with that and lost some very high revenue spenders as a result.

I’m therefore confident that this awful website will remain. I think the life of the last one was about seven years so that’s a long time until the next change. I still think it looks like something designed in a primary school.

I agree with an earlier comment, their best days are behind them and lots of people seem to think that.

RCinBelper
    Participant

Greetings from the lounge at Manchester Airport. Checking in on-line yesterday was a further dogs boxxoxxs. The seat selection function wasn’t working and there appeared to be no way to check my meal selection. Later I tried to check what the First Class luggage rules are. It took me 5 minutes to find the right page but it is just a load of text not broken down by class so I still have no idea. No wonder I am the only First Class passenger on this flight. I like SQ, it’s a real shame they are damaging their business in this way. I don’t want to have to fly EK all the time. RC

ThomasK
    Participant

I had complained to SQ office in FRA and that is the reply I got from a customer service agent.

“Thank you for your Email and we are so sorry for the inconvenience you had to go through on our website.

You may call us under the number 069 7195150 and we will try to find the best fare for you. Of course we won’t charge you any service fee.”

At least we can call in and do our booking over the phone….

thertsak
    Participant

sq new website is terrible, i don’t like it ast all. the old website easier to use and understand.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Sorry to be the odd one out here, but I find the new site great and a vast improvement over the old one which I found “fussy” and not very intuitive.

I love the option to check the flight schedules and availability, much easier to use than having to continually search for available days. I made a dummy booking for end September and was through in a few clicks.

What I did not like though was the fare. Wow, € 17,000 in First! Unbelievable. Now looking at Malaysia, SAA via Sydney or Qatar. All much, much cheaper.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Gentlemen,

After having read all your comments ,I was upset to hear this about my beloved SIA …..I rushed to the new site and tested it …..well….the white space on your left ,hiding the background is UNPLEASANT ….As for functionality ,it is extremely hard to scroll down and up the page …this is upsetting ….!…..could not find any country specific pages ..is it now just a global page ??..no big deal …Generally speaking ..this is no good job ,SIA …..have you ,SIA tried its functionality before launching it ???….I doubt very much …..I believe ,Ladies and Gentkemen that if we truly like and appreciate SIA ,we ought to write to the SIA Top Management and give them our honest ,unbiased feedback ..I did already !…

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Top left of the site, it clearly shows “Location” which allows you to choose your location, language and save the preferences if you wish. It allows you to book with kris Flyer points and I had no trouble scrolling up or down. I think the site is a vast improvement and one others could learn from.

Part of the problem is always change. People do not like it as you become familiar with a site, newspaper etc. I’m sure give it a few weeks and you’ll come to like it. I’m betting no-one will really change their travel plans over a website design change?

With apologies to the Bard, but “methinks thou doth protest too much”.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Tried the SIA wesite again this morning and it is much better than the first day launch.

I am sure I will get used it it soon as I found it in someway easier to use than the old site.

Give SQ time to fine tune it.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Being generally biased to SIA ,I will definitely will …..let s see ..

AdrianHenryAsia
    Participant

Having never used the old website, I thought I would have a look at the new website to see what all the fuss is about & I think its OK ?!

Had no problems in searching their timetable, booking a flight and viewing some seat maps.

ThomasK
    Participant

Just tried to do a Multi city booking involving 6 cities. (this is an itinerary I actually plan on taking in July) I get one error message after the other. When I had done a “test run” about 2 weeks ago on the old SQ site it worked flawlessly. I still have the airfares and booking codes associated written down. One thing that really stinks is the +/- 3 days on the new site. On the old site that worked very well in ow, return and multi city. Now is is very hard to manage and understand. Also to find out the actual booking class is way harder then it used to be. I wish I had something positive to report on the new site… but the fact is it is still not working half as good as the old site. The airline itself, the SQ service and the hub I like very much.

RCinBelper
    Participant

Greetings from the haven which is the First Class lounge at Changi. Whilst the website is dreadful, the service on both legs of SQ327 MAN-MUC-SIN has been perfect as is everyone here in the lounge. A world apart from EK and DXB. RC

KSHaggag
    Participant

Definitely ..there is no comparison between the SQ Changi lounge and the EK one in DXB….In my eyes ,the EK lounge is among the worst,least inspiring in the world…..it is no lounge ..it is a HUGE waiting area of a train station ,managed by careless ,cold people ..all this coupled with cheap material upholstery and poor F& B offering …..On board ,EK is a gamble ..you can fall on a most careless staff or at least delivering the minimum …Not to mention cramped seating ( usually) ,arrogant attitude and extortionate fares !….SQ is a civilised carrier ,indeed ..they just need to polish that new site …!

BrianLim
    Participant

I missed the old website.

SECA1964
    Participant

I don’t much care how it looks. It’s ghastly, but who cares?

I just want it to work. And it doesn’t.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 295 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls