Singapore Airlines new website

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 295 total)

• kiwiinsing
    Participant

SQ has gone from having one of the best and easiest websites to use, to one of worst and clumsiest.

It is so Un-user Friendly.

As my old man used to say, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

slotski
    Participant

Must agree it has teething problems. I have an existing booking and when I went to update my bmi FF number it claimed it was not a recognized format. When I called the call center they accepted the FF number. I hope I manage to use the on-line check-in in a few weeks

myspirow
    Participant

Doesn’t mean to scrutinize SQ, but have to agree with OP that their “new” website is actually look very ancient… just like it’s being made by amateurs who just started to learn HTML…

DavidHawke
    Participant

I agree the new website is difficult to navigate. I gave up trying to book a flight from Singapore to KL and booked on a competing airline. Go back to the user friendly, tried and tested website.

marknz62
    Participant

What have SQ done here!!! they gone backwards and will lose custom over it I am sure.

GroovyTraveller
    Participant

SQ new website is completely awful, it’s like going backwards. Why can’t they revert back to the old website? there’s nothing wrong with the old one but there are SO MANY things wrong with the new one.

SQ, i don’t understand why you guys agree to launch such a horrible website like that. didn’t anybody test the website first? does anybody in Singapore Airlines a user of the website at all? you should know what am talking about!

i tried to fill up my details on the new website and they refuse to recognize my krisflyer number, and am a solitair member. it’s frustrating.

joanne1
    Participant

SQ please go back to your old website. The new one is awful and difficult to navigate. As a travel professional, since the introduction of the new website i have had every one of our clients travelling on SQ ring for assistance with internet check in and many others trying to redeem miles ring for assistance.
    This new website has a glitzy picture on it, “WOW” the old website actually looked more modern and was much more user friendly.

ewasco01
    Participant

Unfortunately have to agree. It is impossible to e.g. use the form to input personal data or to order any “book the chef” meals. After complaining I got an email of apology from their german office with the explanation that they experience “technical difficulties” on their side but that they would be happy to forward any and all of my requests. Let’s see what happens!

Flyer777
    Participant

BOOKING FAILED

First time such a thing on SQ site, now SQ is getting the booking done themselves on timelimit, credit card company has debited the amount but no ticket/booking on SQ……major system failure….now i cant choose seats cos booking done directly by SQ…….this is disappointhing

DavidHawke
    Participant

It is good that Business Traveller is sending updates on the SQ website saga. I hope someone at Singapore airlines is taking note and action results. Their silence is deafening at present!

GlobeTrotterOZ
    Participant

Fail! After booking last year fine on the old site, 3 days worth of attempts on the new web site have resulted in all possible credit cards being rejected with a SA message ‘Payment is not accepted’ (our credit cards are fine)
    To add insult to injury, the booking centre can’t book us on the same flight that is available on the web site (no seats), and wants to charge more than the internet price. Not to mention that the seat slection did not work on the web site, and can’t be requested via the booking centre.
    A great airline kicks an own goal.

Anyone have problems with credit card payments on multi destination trips?

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

There is some vague acknowledgement of problems at the London call centre which takes an age to get through to. In the meantime, I’ve found that Cathay’s website is working perfectly, has anyone else given up and gone elsewhere?

Kvwielink
    Participant

After 3 days still unable to book a ticket for my wife, my infant daughter and myself. The website blocks me with an error and the call center is not able to “offer me the same price”. Unbelievable, they admit they have teething problems but refuse to cancel a booking fee when calling them. Wrote the following complaint letter to them:

“For the past 3 days I have been trying to book tickets for my family and myself from Bangkok to Singapore and back. Until now, I have not succeeded in doing this. I have been forced to enter my particulars several dozen times in the process, and have been greeted by a plethora of error messages. The final error message that prevents me from progressing onwards tells me that the combined titles, names etc, for the passenger and the infant (we’re traveling with our 10 month old daughter) cannot be longer than 34 characters. Yet I have to fill in all the names as specified on the passports. Obviously if the names combined are longer than 34 characters, there is nothing I can do about this. Perhaps SQ would expect me to go and officially change my or my daughters name to something that does fit in your database?
    The first call to your ticketing office for assistance was brushed off by the lady that she WAS able to do the booking and if I would please try again tomorrow. Following said instructions I met a different error the following day, and the day after the original was back. A second call in the mean time was answered by, dare I say it, an answering machine. This on a supposedly 24 hour call center. When I called again this evening, the gentleman on the other end of the line calmly explained to me that i would have to book the flight for the adults only, then call back and ask to have the infant booking added to the original. When I dryly mentioned that I was already on the phone with Singapore airlines and requested if he could take the booking for all 3 passengers right now, I was told the same rate could not be given as on the website.
    While I understand that some problems will arise whenever a new system is implemented, the fact that the call center starts off with a message that the new website is experiencing teething problems, that I am asked to leave messages on an answering machine, and that 3 days later the problem is still not solved all proves that the company was woefully unprepared when the decision was made to use this new site. But apparently it was deemed more important that people can address themselves as Venerable, Duke, Earl, King, His Royal Highness quickly rather than first test the heck out of this system. Considering that it is not possible to book all flights online, a little more flexibility for telephone booking would have been an obvious and customer friendly solution. Yet here I am after calling 3 times and speaking to a call center employee twice, and I STILL do not have my tickets.
    I will try to book the tickets for a similar price through a travel agent tomorrow, and if that is not possible I will fly another airline, no matter what the cost. I used to choose SQ because of the overall excellent service, but the way that this is being handled is beyond belief. I sincerely hope that some people are listening to the complaints that are no doubt pouring in, and that lessons are being learned from this. Shameful does not begin to describe this blunder.”

And what do I get in my inbox:

“This is an automated acknowledgment to inform that we are experiencing high feedback volumes related to the launch of our new website. We apologise that we are not able to respond to queries or feedback related to our new website at this stage.”

They’ve all gone mad at SQ, I tell you…

wakdewadi
    Participant

the new sq is terrible they need to quickly get rid of it.. its impossible to use..

alynecg
    Participant

This is base on my own experience…

The new website is slow and not as friendly as the old one. I know that part of change is adjustment. But we are clients and part of change should always consider the efficiency of the website.

When I was trying to do check in on line it hang and keeps on hanging until I decided to stop and wait for midnight to make sure that there were few users online.

Unlike before you can see all your booking in 1 page…now you have to key in the code….and mind you they asked me to logout first the go to the home page again then advised to click “check in”…in the old system you just simply log in and then that’s it….

Then other informations about the passenger is missing like the year of birth.

I hope SIA find solution on this. The new website is not customer friendly.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 295 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls