Singapore Airlines new website

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 295 total)

• BernardLapointe
    Participant

I do not like like it at all!

hlhchan
    Participant

I think the site is woeful. I had the same max 34 character rubbish error when attempting to make an online booking for me and my 2 kids. Plus it also automatically dated my kid’s birth months, a month earlier. Exasperating. And then I had problems with my seat selection, i can go on and on and on…..

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

As I’ve said before, SIA management will have their heads in the sand over the new website. The fastest way to give them a message they will understand is to stop using it and book with someone else. Loss of revenue is the only message SIA understand and even then it takes a while to get through.

alynecg
    Participant

You are right PPSKrisflyer.

Flyer777
    Participant

Dear Friends
    After a failed cr card transaction whr my card was debited but no ticket issued, I spoke to the reservations team here in Mumbai & told them about people going crazy in forums like this, they mentioned there is some rectification going on & when told that their old website was fine & they are losing customers now, they say the new one will have lotsa additional features etc etc. SQ is allowing a blemish on its image due to the website issue, when nowadays e-commerce is everything.

Hope sanctity returns & they do something

Rgds
    Rajesh

MichaelB
    Participant

SQ’s arrogance is legendary. Whilst the new CEO muses over establishing the wholly unnecessary distraction of a long haul budget airline – like Nero he fiddles as his empire burns before him.

The website is an utter mess, undoubtedly done on the cheap, with the foolish economies now reflecting in a disastrous manner on SQ’s managerial ineptitude.

PPSKrisflyer is correct, we wont hear an apology or an explanation from the management – they clearly do not grasp the issue. Having worked hard over recent years to direct passengers to their previous website (which worked perfectly well as far as I was concerned) they now dump us all with an appalling product, shoddy call centre service and an overwhelming desire to take our money elsewhere.

I feel sorry for the in-flight crew who always take the brunt of customer dissatisfaction with slack ground handling or, now in this case, the overwhelming frustration presented by a poorly planned and ludicrously executed desire to reinvent the wheel.

SQ take note, remaining silent doesn’t mean the irritation felt by some very loyal customers will pass easily.

I am a solitaire passenger and have been for the best part of ten years. This clearly means nothing to them.

flythere
    Participant

just gone to book with Cathay, where I dont have to spend my precious time in dealing with chaos by the SQ booking system and ‘hot’line and while I can get an even better connection time and bargain than SQ. Bye SQ.

ThomasK
    Participant

SQ is not even leaving a follow up message on there website saying that they acknowledge the problem and are trying to fix it.
    I am looking at the TG and EK website RIGHT NOW to book my flights. My kids are sad they would have preferred SQ. But it is just impossible to book for 5 passengers and find what you look for without many glitches. That was a step back SQ. I feel sorry for the otherwise great SQ and for myself.

sas20110609
    Participant

I would like to inform you about very serious happening on website.

I have booked airticket by website, however the personal profile was
    changed to another person!

I called to local office, and the staff checked my booking details.
    They said “We have correct booking information for you, website written is
    error, don’t worry”.

However, I can see another personal information(Pasport number, e-mail,
    birthday, Tel, etc…).
    However, SQ staff has not cleared it yet.
    And, they said “this case is not first, we have already had some feedback
    same as your case.”

This is compromise of personal information.

If you are member of KrisFlyer, your profile might be leaked by
    someone….same as me.

And, should I contact to this “another person”(I can see another person’s
    profile now, therefore I know her e-mail address and tel)???

My local office promise me to feedback about this trouble, but they are waiting reply from head office in Singapore.

I will write here again, if I get some answer from SQ…

OzTraveller
    Participant

I’m surprised so many here actually book on an airline’s website. Don’t you have those smarter than thou travel agents who outbid the published fares every time.

However, to show you just how much SQ is out of touch, here is a comparison of fares (from the airline website) for a Business class journey, Brisbane-Zurich-Brisbane in July 2011. Prices in Australian dollars.

SQ $11001; TG $7883; QF $7502; MH $8598. Nothing wrong at all with Thai, Qantas or Malaysian. Yet SQ is 50% more expensive than Qantas.

Either book another airline, or seek out that smart travel agent.

RCinBelper
    Participant

Greetings OzTraveller – do you have any recommendations please? RC

OzTraveller
    Participant

Thanks RCinBelper for the hint …. I just checked Expedia.com.au for the same itinerary/same dates etc and voila here are some prices:
    TG/LX via Bangkok $5647 wow half the SQ fare on their website
    and (drum roll) SQ $8412 some $2600 cheaper than the SQ website.

So my fellow travellers, why are you booking on an airline’s website …!

RCinBelper
    Participant

Excellent, I’ll pass this on to my Aussie colleagues. RC

Chris1167
    Participant

Yep, it’s absolutely dreadful.
    And trying to access the mobile site from my Blackberry just puts me in an endless circle: We’re redirecting you to our mobile site –> Please select your mobile device –> Please enter your phone number –> We’re redirecting you to our mobile site.

Chris1167
    Participant

@KSHaggag… “could not find any country specific pages ..is it now just a global page ??”

You can select your location. It’s just that the main navigation buttons are so teeny-tiny compared to the overwhelming advertizing, it’s easy to overlook the things you actually need to use!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 295 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls