Next forum posters’ meeting

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 135 total)

• Potakas
    Participant

31st also for me, I would prefer a more central place as I like London and would be easier for our transportation, I don’t now how easy is to get from LHR(Hotels) to this pub without having a car.

Also if we go for a central location those who will stay at Heathrow Hotels can use Heathrow express.

I will wait until Monday to send the email to BA for the museum, depending on BA’s reply we can decide.

NTarrant
    Participant

What hotel are you thinking of staying in Potakas? It would be cheaper from a LHR hotel to the pub at LHR than going into London. It might be a good idea to send your email to BA today.

Regards

Nigel

LindsayW
    Participant

P.Sepsas, depending on where it is, I’ll be using public transport.

If we choose the Green Man (with/without BA Museum), then it’s 300m from Hatton Cross tube station. So easy for either Tube back from Heathrow, or mini-cab/taxi. If we share a cab, then halved.

If it switches back to central London, then I’ll be getting the HEx return. Then have a little walk 😮

Either way, I’m hoping you can pull off the tour, as I will have only a week before done the Airbus tour, so would really top off a really good trip.

I’ll be easy to find, listen out for the tall Aussie with the accent. Perhaps I’ll need to bring a current edition of BT as well 😀

robsmith100
    Participant

Lindsay/Potakas – If we all still do decide to meet up at LHR, I will most certainly be driving and if you like can pick you up on route if you like?

stevescoots
    Participant

I will be travelling down from Lincs so anywhere is ok for me. I dont subscribe to BT print, so My copy will probably be a 2 month old one I stole from a lounge somehere 🙂

LindsayW
    Participant

robsmith100, you are the epitome of a British gentleman and your kind offer is gratefully accepted.

PaulJennings
    Participant

Hello everyone.

I have updated the poll with my availability, just for the most popular dates (31 May is possible for me). I would love to come along. I’m afraid I haven’t contributed to the forum for some time due to family illness and work pressure. But I have done a few flights recently, including BA first class, so I will post some reviews over the weekend and look forward to the next meeting. If we can’t meet in the Vatican I’d be happy with the Green Man.

Paul

Potakas
    Participant

Nigel,
    I just sent the email to BA telling them that we are a small group of posters at the BussinessTraveller magazine, that wants to visit the museum on the 31st, I asked about availability and from/till what time they are open.(I said that would be nice at 15.00)

I have no problem which hotel to choose as I lost my status with Marriott this February, I was thinking the Hilton (for the 1K miles offer :D) but I will first check with google maps to understand where is more convenient.

Rob, thank you very much. When we arrange the last details I will be able to tell you but thank you in advance ^

NTarrant
    Participant

Potakas
    Hilton at T4 is an ideal location for the Green Man and a free bus ride away from Hatton Cross or handy for lifts etc. I will probably stay there myself, its a nice hotel

Nigel

Potakas
    Participant

I got a reply.

“Thanks for your note; we could certainly welcome you on Tuesday 31 May although it is possible that a partial refit will be going on which would affect your visit. Please let me know if you wish to confirm the date or select another. “

Please tell me if you agree to proceed with the visit.

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

Tuesday 31st May wins then. I’ve set up a new Doodle for location options, including the possible visit to the BA Museum;

http://www.doodle.com/qubm2w5qn3n26df4

LindsayW
    Participant

JimBannerman1, thanks for the new Doodle – looks like a couple of us are still round over Easter.

I’ll be driving back to LHR from Newport (Wales) on the morning of 31st, so hard to tell if I’ll be available for BA Museum. Need to ensure my brownie points have a healthy balance that day (I suppose doing the driving will help :D).

LindsayW
    Participant

*bump*

Looks like my plans have changed, I won’t be heading to Newport, rather my wife’s step brother in law and fiance are driving down to Wilshire instead, so I am likely to be able to make a 3pm BA Museum meet if it can be organised.

Potakas
    Participant

It seems that for the museum visit we are going to be 4.

I, Nigel, Lindsay and Jim.

I will send them back tomorrow to confirm it for 3PM on the 31st of May, is everyone ok with that?

I will also change my flights (from 30th of May to 1 June), is anyone flying out of LHR T5 on the 1st?

If so, let me know before changing my flights (I’ll do it by the end of the week). I will be able to guest one to Galleries Club .

Regards

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Panagiotis,

Make that five, please, as I should be able to make it.

Regards,

Simon

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 135 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls