Next forum posters’ meeting

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 135 total)

• Potakas
    Participant

Hi guys,
    I will land at LHR T5 at 13.15 on the 31st, as Jim sent me on an email we should probably meet 14.30 at one of the cafes at the arrival level of terminal 5, the only one that I know is the Giraffe. If anyone has a problem with that I don’t mind changing the meeting spot.We could head from there to the museum.

I am still waiting a response from the museum with the directions, I told them that our starting point would be the Terminal 5.

Cheers

JordanD
    Participant

Would it be too late to join this endeavour? Have just managed to sort my diary out and would be keen to see the museum – as well as see your good selves!

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Chaps,

Having just been diagnosed with diabetes today, I will have to cry off the 31st as I need to keep my diary open for hospital appointments at short notice – Jordan can gladly take my place.

Also, I want to keep away from overnights as much as possible over the next month or so as I have to get used to a new lifestyle regime, and hotel restaurants and bars won’t help my willpower!

All the best,

Simon

Potakas
    Participant

Jordan, send me your details (name, surname) with an email.

Simon,

I wish you the best and go through that as quick a possible, I wish that this will not affect your current lifestyle too much.

Regards

LindsayW
    Participant

Sorry to hear that Simon, but controlling it is extremely important as you will have been advised.

Potakas
    Participant

I will send the email with names today late in the evening,

I am still missing the name of GLORIOUSTHFC

Currently I have 6 names for the museum visit

Mine,Nigel ,Jim, robsmith, PaulJennings and Lindsay.

Do I miss anyone for the museum visit?

thfc1972
    Participant

Good Evening Everyone,

I won’t be attending as I’m saving for an upcoming trip to Vietnam, Malaysia & Thailand!

Maybe next time, I hope you all have a great evening.

Cheers

John

PatJordan
    Participant

Hi all,

Unfortunately I can’t make this gathering, as much as I’d like to. Next time, perhaps.

Hope you all have a great day.

Pat

Potakas
    Participant

Hi all,

I got a reply from BA’s museum.

” Thanks for your note.

I have booked in the names and attach a Letter of Authority for you all to use the BA Staff Bus between Terminal 5 and Waterside where we are.

My colleagues …. and …. will be on duty on 31 May and look forward to welcoming you around 1500. I hope you all will enjoy your visit; I am sure you will. “

The names I sent for the museum visit are:

Mine, Nigel ,Jim, robsmith, PaulJennings, JordanD and Lindsay.

If anyone else want to be to the museum please let me know.

Regards

Should we set a time for the pub? For those that will not come to the museum?

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

How about 7pm onwards at The Green Man, Bedfont TW14 0PZ for those not coming to the museum?

http://www.pub-explorer.com/gtlondon/pub/greenmanfeltham.htm

CallMeIshmael
    Participant

If you fancy a curry after the pub try “The Brilliant” in Southall

http://www.brilliantrestaurant.com

It is a short cab ride, about a 1-1.5 miles from The Green Man.
    The brilliant featured in Ramsay’s best restaurant getting to the semi-finals.

JordanD
    Participant

Just a quick question – where was the agreed meeting point tomorrow? And at what time?

Thanks – looking forward to catching up with a few folk.

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

Giraffe coffee / juice bar on the arrivals level of T5, around 1430.

I might be slightly late as I’m due into T1 at 1410 – on a BMI 145, has to be the highest slot cost to passenger ratio at LHR!!

Look forward to meeting up again, the museum tour, and some slightly warmer weather!! No chance of the elusive easterly ops over the Green Man by the look of the forecast, just have to hope that 27L is for landing in the evening.

Cheers, Jim

PaulJennings
    Participant

See you all tomorrow at T5. Looking forward to it.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Folks,

Have a really good evening.

It’s excellent that these posters’ events seem to be becoming a fixture. There are some really interesting and pleasant people who contribute to the Forum and it’s a pleasure meeting some of them face-to-face.

As evidence of this, a well-known poster who uses a nom de plume (not a nom de guerre, so it’s not VK or Disgusted – and I’m only joking chaps!) noted my post about being diagnosed with diabetes. This poster sent me an email with details of their own diet regime and other useful advice, as they too are diabetic, and we have been in correspondence since. That shows that as a group of people, many of whom are anonymous, we don’t just offer helpful advice on things travel-related, but also can extend advice in other fields. All good stuff.

Abject apologies once more that I am unable to join you (I think it’s probably my round, Jim..!).

Regards and have fun,

Simon

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 135 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls