Next forum posters’ meeting

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 135 total)

• Potakas
    Participant

Sorry for not replying earlier but I was on vacations, I will be on Giraffe at about 13.45. I’ll have a copy of the latest BT issue on my hands (White cover).

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Panagiotis,

Is it a case of “timeo danaos et dona BT” 😉 ??

Have a good evening my friend and well done for organising it. Again, sorry I can’t be with you.

Simon

Potakas
    Participant

hahahaha *,

Hope that you smoke those cigars I sent you and you didn’t through them away 😀

Simon take care your health and we will meet before September. I am in the process to organize a weekend to Birmingham with my girlfriend 😉 .

*Timeo Danaos et dona ferent?s is a Latin phrase from Virgil’s Aeneid (II, 49). It means: “I fear the Greeks, even when bringing gifts”. It has been paraphrased in English as the aphorism “Beware of Greeks bearing gifts”.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Sounds good, Potakas – I look forward to it.

By the way, I have heard the phrase modified as “Timeo Danaos et donna kebab ferentes” (beware of Greeks bearing Donna kebabs), but that seemed a bit harsh to me!!

We you be posting some flight reviews from your latest trip (you’re just back, according to Twitter).

Simon

PS I’m saving the cigars for a special occasion.

stevescoots
    Participant

hope you all had a good time, sorry i couldnt make it, I just arrived back in UK after 3 weeks away on Sat afternoon, if I had gone off 2 days later for a beer I would have been a dead man with her indoors!!!

Bucksnet
    Participant

I’m not doing anything today, so can meet up at Giraffe around 2PM.

I will be driving and parking my car in the T5 short stay, so can give lifts to up to 4 people to Waterside and then the Green Man after.

I’ve not been to one of these meetings before, so I look forward to meeting some of you later.

Potakas
    Participant

Nice Bucksnet!

Simon,

I will but can’t see many to be interested to read about 22hours on WT flights 😉

LindsayW
    Participant

I’ve just finished getting the car filled and dropped off at Hertz. Running late and in T4. Should I go straight to the Museum. Think I will

Potakas
    Participant

We told to the reception that you are coming. We are at the museum

Bucksnet
    Participant

I’ve just got home from a great day.

Nice to meet all you guys, and I hope to see you again soon.

Cheers

JordanD
    Participant

Morning all – many thanks to those of you who did make it yesterday and apologies I had to leave slightly early; pleasure to see you all and I think it was a cracker of a day.

Thanks to Sepsas for organising it.

hemispheres
    Participant

Would love to have joined you all.

Next time perhaps .. am in HKG, taking Cathay this evening to LHR.

PaulJennings
    Participant

Thanks all for your company. And to the Green Man for taking the photos. Will we ever know who he really was? Can’t see any posts from during the time was there…

NTarrant
    Participant

Great afternoon and evening, now we have to find something equally as good as the BA museum. Who was the Green Man indeed???

Potakas
    Participant

Paul,

On this thread there were some posts during our meeting…Doesn’t seem that the Green man was one of the regulars.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/BA-and-Customer-Service

Thanks all of you for coming, I really enjoyed it. Only if we had exchange some words with Keith Williams when we saw him to learn any future developments, that would have been great.

As Nigel said we have to find something really interesting for the next time… What about this one??

http://www.ebaft.com/fly/fse.htm

😉

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 135 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls