Next forum posters’ meeting

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 135 total)

• robsmith100
    Participant

I am in Heathrow area on Thursday if any fancies meeting up at The Green Man?

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Would be great Rob, but unfortunately I’m stuck in Birmingham on Thursday.

Simon

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’m in Cape Town Saturday, but I guess that’s a bit far to meet up!

For those who wish to be kept updated on these get togethers (and I really hope I can get to the next one) I guess the answer is to keep this thread going each time a venue / time is set and for us all to post a reply, even if it’s “can’t come” just the once. This way, provided you’ve ticked the relevant box in the profile section, you will be reminded by email from Business Traveller each time someone updates.

One other thing, and perhaps this should be a new thread. There’s a great app from Lufthansa, “Miles and More Member Scout”. If you have an iPhone/Pad take a look at it. Maybe meet up with some of you somewhere in the world?

LindsayW
    Participant

Does the dearth of replies in the last 4 months mean that there haven’t been any recent meet ups? (unless I have missed seeing other threads start).

I’m over in late May, so thought I should bump the thread

Potakas
    Participant

LindsayW,

I am out to Grenada by the end of May (22-30), what are your dates?

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Hi all,

It actually would be a great idea to arrange another meet-up.

I’m in London on May 10 and June 15/16, if they are any good as a starting point for discussion,

Cheers,

Simon

NTarrant
    Participant

Hi All

End of May is good for me. Might need to think about a different venue.

Regards

Nigel

Bullfrog
    Participant

Please confirm what dates are organised ..

I am off to JFK from LCY on May 24, and back into LHR from YUL on May 31 & from Nov 4 to Dec 2, I will be back in USA.

wingcommander
    Participant

This could be interesting … I am in London 10 May and end of June and like others think puting faces to names would be a fine accompaniment to a glass or two?

robsmith100
    Participant

May or June is good for me. Thusdays are usually best suited for me if we plan to do this mid week.

Any Ideas about a suitable venue? Jim in an earlier post suggested The Green Man pub in Bedfont (Heathrow), which is right by Hatton station, I have not tried it before so couldn’t say how good it is but they do have a garden and lots of parking.

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/54/5422/Green_Man/Bedfont

LindsayW
    Participant

If it suits others, I arrive in London on Tuesday 24 May but leave for a long weekend in Wiltshire on Friday. Driving back to a Heathrow hotel on 31st, as we leave on BA for PRG on 1 June. Therefore, 31st May and The Green Man in Bedford would suit perfectly (after work hours for you guys, I’m on holidays and wife can take care of the kids for the evening). Looks like a number of others who have replied the date may suit – NTarrant and RobSmith100. It might also suit P. Sepsas and bullfrog for their return from trips.

Potakas
    Participant

I believe that as you are coming from Australia you have priority!! So, as I said I will be back(London) from Grenada on the 30th, currently I have a connection to Edinburgh on the 30th but I ‘ll be happy to change it and be there for the 31st to join you. I will wait to see if we arrange it and then I ‘ll make the change. So, you should count me for the 31st.

LindsayW
    Participant

P.Sepsas, I’ve no more priority than anyone else, however it is always nice to meet members from far flung places. I am a member of a number of other FF sites (a Moderator on one Australian-based one), and have been organising meets for members since 2003.

If others come to the party (so to speak), then it would be great to put faces to names and hear others with similar love of flying. 2 of us are conditionally in, who else?

stevescoots
    Participant

My schedule changes almost week by week, I know May up to 29 is out for me as is late june. Anyway, woudl like to join in so if you decide on a date i will see if I am free. anywhere really is no problem

KeaneJohn
    Participant

I am London based so would love to pop along as a relative newbie.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 135 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls