Do children belong in executive lounges?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 159 total)

• canucklad
    Participant

Oh and i have been the victim of a pal leaving his red bull and vodka within easy reach during a BBQ………..

You all just have to imagine a 5 year old morphing into the Tasmanian devil !!

And VK, we’re at page 4 !! Or am iam just being childish

Oh and it was my mates own little wonder that laid waste to his £3K eqipment by the way !

VintageKrug
    Participant

…not yet, Alex, but it can’t be too long.

The answer is to ply them with coca-cola (the mini sizes seem to be particularly appealing!) and them provide them with multicoloured black marker pens with which to run up and down the corridors.

They could then ditch the Galleries of art in favour of “pleb graffiti”. We could be on to something lucrative here….!

JTHolland
    Participant

As with most things the key is behavior. Loud and obnoxious is never acceptable. The staff should have said something to the people.

In a skyclub recently. A family was present. The children were not being entertained with quiet activities; as a result, they were disturbing others in the club. To the family it was a normal noise level. To us it was loud and distracting.

Binman62
    Participant

Loving this. Can we get to page 5.
    Blue smarties were once great sub for coffee and got little ones overly excited.

Love the story of the audio equipment.

Maybe the porters at T 5 can give the kids a run around the terminal!

Biggless
    Participant

I find this whole discussion somewhat bemusing! – it is somewhat akin to asking if people you don’t like the look of should be allowed. The anwer is VERY clear: if the rules of whatever lounge/airline allow it then they are allowed. I was travelling in BA First a couple of years ago when a lady boarded with 2 very young children. They had their own seats which presumably she had paid for so they were as much entitled to sit in First as I was ! As most other posters, I groan if it looks like I’m going to be seated near children especially on an over night flight but if they have paid then ….

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Good idea Binman!!! (page 5)

VK just for you, some “pleb graffiti” as you so kindly put it…

http://www.banksy.co.uk

Biggless, am i right to say you dont have children either?

canucklad
    Participant

Biggless….good point, please read my Ryanair review to see were it goes bad

I would have much rather enjoyed the company of a bunch of children for 3 hours

Biggless
    Participant

BeckyBoop – correct! however, in defence of the lady in First I should say the 2 young children were perfectly behaved. They were less trouble than the average executive.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Great thread Judy. This is bound to go on for 8 pages or more over time. I’m sure you started it on purpose to wind the posters up?

Noisy kids, noisy adults. Much the same except usually the kids are being kids and when admonished will calm down. The adults are being morons, get abusive when asked to keep it quiet and try to lord it over fellow loungers and staff.

I wonder why it is strangers so often think we are interested in their deals, crises and gossip and yell it out at top dtunken volume? Now I love a bit of gos but only about people I know. Not at all interested in others if I don’t know any of the party’s!

oasis1221
    Participant

Passengers pay extra to have a distinguished status.One privilage they look forward to,hope many will agree,is quiteness.Children cannot sit still and cannot express themselves in a soft manner.Passengers who bring children to business lounges and fly them businss class need to appreciate these facts.
    You cannot force your kids and their style on others who had paid extra not to be around children!

PatJordan
    Participant

Good to hear from LP again. But 8 pages??? VK predicted 3 and we’re now on page 4.

But what a nice friendly thread it has turned out to be, with many really good points being made too.

This is what makes the BT forum a nice place to be.

Have a good weekend all

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Thanks Pat, I’ve only been away 4 days with no internet or phone connections. I was observing the delivery of 2 elephants from a rehabilitation centre to a game reserve called Inverdoorn in the Western Cape. It was truly an amazing experience.

Anyone who wants real peace and quiet should go there. The only noise at night were the jackals and during the day the occasional splash from the pool.

Oasis, Biggless and others, I can only say, spend a few days with elephants. Check their behaviour and how they interact with their surrounds and when you come away from observing these magnificent beasts, kids in lounges or not will be irrelevant and life and what it gives will be accepted for what it is!

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Aww LP that sounds lovely were you doing that for charity? 🙂

Binman62
    Participant

OASIS1221….
    I will play along……

Passengers pay extra to have a distinguished status.One privilage they look forward to,hope many will agree,is quiteness

No, they pay for a bigger seat, better food, some extra miles and points and possibly some flexibility and lounge access. But at the end of the day they pay for “public” transport with all its inherent issues.

Page 5 coming up!!

canucklad
    Participant

Oasis…i’ll play along too

In most cases it’s employers who pay the extra, not the passenger!

I would suspect that if kids are in the lounge/premium cabin their parents have paid, unless of course we’ve made child labour legal again.

VK could you clarify maybe? (only joking)

Anyway the weekend is almost upon us…… Where ever you are enjoy!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 159 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls