Do children belong in executive lounges?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 159 total)

• SimonRowberry
    Participant

Judy,

An utterly unreserved apology from me if I misread you. Always thought you were “one of us.”

Sorry again – it’s all a sore story with me

Simon xx

judynagy
    Participant

Thank you, Simon. As a childless wife by choice, I forget how sensitive the subject of children can be. I think the little buggers are cute (usually) but I’d rather have a horse. It’s nice of you to respond, but isn’t it the middle of the night over there?

Bruce98
    Participant

“I’d be interested to read everyone else’s opinions on this subject. I’ve never encountered anyone under the age of 15 or so in a hotel VIP lounge. Recently at a Hilton in France, two grandparents and their oh-so-cute 3yrold grandson were having the best time at breakfast. Apparently this child was so amusing that the grandparents laughed out loud, and I mean LOUD, for the entire time I was there. It wasn’t the end of the world, but usually people in France are quiet … so this threesome really stood out. I finished my breakfast and went back to my room to work, so no harm done. What do y’all think?”

I think you should take a serviced apartment, in future.

VintageKrug
    Participant

And the thread runs and runs……

EU_Flyer
    Participant

For the purpose of symmetry, I’m egging for 4 pages. 3 leaves me unsettled.

But not as unsettled as seeing a baby sleeping quietly in a basinet on a LHR-SIN leg. Shame on you baby for sleeping. And shame on you parents for letting the baby sleep quiety.

Ok, (bad) jokes aside, kids on planes/lounges etc is clearly an emotive subject for many of us. I’ve personally experienced the worst and the best.

Let them enjoy their childhood. It’s down hill from there.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I do think four pages would be simply lovely.

Perhaps this will become the longest running thread on BT, perhaps even surpassing the interest in threads about my good self.

Shall we have a list of people who don’t belong in Business Class Lounges. I’ll start off:

Freddie Starr
    Gary Glitter
    Frank Bough

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Calm down VK! Nanny will be along soon to comfort you!

You are getting very exciteable….

Papillion53
    Participant

Judynagy – was wondering when y’all would resurface!

As I said in an earlier post, I didn’t read it that the child was the issue here, rather the LOUD grandparents?

The mistake you made was the title of the thread – guaranteed to run and run, and get the responses you got!

Now VK – isn’t it time for your mid morning nap? Never mind any comfort from Nanny – you’re going a step too far for the naughty step!

VintageKrug
    Participant

Hardly a nap – I’m settling in to my mid-morning cup of Tea.

Drinking coffee is so Middle Class.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

No, drinking coffee is very southern European.

We drink at least 3 a day here on the continent.

Explains why we’re in the state we’re in.

Speaking of coffee, perhaps giving the kiddies a shot of espresso (or perhaps a macchiato with milk foam) is a good way to keep them fresh during the flight.

Might try that on the next overnight from NYC or SIN and see what happens.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Having worked on the Continent with Italians, I was amazed how much coffee they put away. I would have been bouncing off the walls after even one of the caffeine-bombs they put away.

They must be very sleepy otherwise…!

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Alex, also dont forget to arm them with a packet of smarties each! just in case they do get a bit drowsey or feel peckish 😉

prosborn
    Participant

Toddlers (of any age) in lounges and premium cabins, as a topic, are opium to the moaning classes just as football used to be opium to the loutish classes.
    Maybe the topics, as the classes have been mered.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

Great suggestion prosborn!!

I will board my next J/F flight armed with a dozen or so little footballs for the nippers.

I’ll hand them out just before the meal service.

Are we on page 4 yet?

canucklad
    Participant

Judynagy…….hopefully my comment didn’t offend too much either…

Trust me, turn your back and chaos can ensue, and in actual fact….

There is a direct correlation between levels and length of silence and nearness to total Armageddon when quietness is lifted…

1) 3 year olds golden locks reduced to almost baldness (4 months to repair)
    2) Same 3 year old using felt pens as make-up!!
    3) 5& 8 year old boys deciding to move sand pit into kitchen beach…

I could go on….and on…

And the old classic, my pilot [pal in HK was warned about the position of his very expensive audio equipment…..1 peanut butter sandwich and juice later…..took great delight in saying ” told you so”

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 159 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls