Do children belong in executive lounges?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 159 total)

• KeaneJohn
    Participant

I think that children should be allowed in Executive Lounges.. The BA Club lounges at LHR T5 and T3 and LGW N have small but adequate seperate play areas for children of all ages. Responsible parents will supervise them.

Having got a 7yr nephew that has aspergers whenever I see a child act up in public now I don’t think ohh bad parents look at that unruly child.. I try to make sure I give them the benefit of the doubt. Being a parent to a child with aspergers is hard enough without being judged in public on their apparent parenting skills.

millionsofmiles
    Participant

Is it necessary to purchase a ticket for the freshborn child?
    Finally, it is an additional passenger.

And is the baby allowed in the lounge without a ticket even if the parents have an appropriat ticket?

Is this baby entitled to a meal, if it was born before meals were served?
    Does the mother have to pay additional fare since she occupied a lot of space when giving birth to the child?

Would the airline be allowed to use footage of the baby etc. for advertisement purposes, since it was born on their plane?

MANY, MANY questions…..

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

Suppose the next thing could be an “Easyjet pregnant special flight”

If it all went to plan the aircraft would leave Luton with 300 passengers and arrive in the Costa del wherever with double that number ..assuming no twins.

Might be OK to Spain but can you imagine if heading back to say Heathrow.

The UK Border patrol boy scouts would have a real dilemma….
    right…you horrible lot….Q up (for at least 3 hours) and lets see your passports??………and stop that Bl+++y crying

canucklad
    Participant

And could this baby be the start of the 2nd coming…………….

after all,….

It is a Virgin birth!!!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Groan….. Made me smile though and we’ve reached P. 7 One more to go!

If I’m not mistaken babies from 0-2 go for 10% of the published fares, so will revenue protection officers be waiting to collect the dosh on arrival.

Will mother get a refund, after all she only went as far as Spain, or will she get a bill for extra fuel, landing fees etc?

How did she get into Spain without passport for the baby? Or did she leave the baby in the executive lounge while she popped off to the consul for an emergency one?

Will Virgin allow her to eventually continue the journey, or will she hve to buy a new ticket?

I think we should be told!!!

Binman62
    Participant

KeaneJoh………..

The only bit I would take issue with is

I think that children should be allowed in Executive Lounges.. The BA Club lounges at LHR T5 and T3 and LGW N have small but adequate seperate play areas for children of all ages. Responsible parents will supervise them.

Small and inadequate would be a better suggestion, the are dumping grounds and the equipment rarely if ever works, pretty shabby really and the staff could not care less.

judynagy
    Participant

Virgin birth indeed! You guys are CLEVER! No doubt Richard will have his creative little hand in exploiting this event in future.

I am quite pleased with the entertaining responses to my original query … is/are 8 pages some kind of record?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Judy, the subject “babies in premium cabins” went to 11 pages, with the latest update mid september I think.

I just guessed, knowing the sort of mischievous lot we are, if I threw the gauntlet down at 8 pages we’d probably reach it, and I think we might!

Anyway, its a great thread, well done, and despite a bit of thread drift here and there we’ve pretty much stuck to the theme.

PatJordan
    Participant

Yep, LP it is indeed a great thread. And most important, it is very good humoured throughout !

MartynSinclair
    Participant

how many posts per page till it flips over to the next???

MartynSinclair
    Participant

could try another??

LuganoPirate
    Participant

It has been good humored Pat, long may it continue. At least for another page anyway 😉

Good point Martyn, is it by page length or posts per page?

BT, can you let us know please?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I must be bored this evening – its 20 posts per page so there are another 8 posts needed after this to tip to page 8!

Please countdown as Judy should be the one to turn page 8!

PatJordan
    Participant

Martyn,

Here’s one closer to Judy’s page turner! Roll on page 8…..

Binman62
    Participant

Martyn …..updated the MEL BKK thread….

Adds another

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 159 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls