Do children belong in executive lounges?

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 151 through 159 (of 159 total)

• millionsofmiles
    Participant

Would it be allowed then to have a little baby bush pig in the Executive lounge, if NO caracal is around?

That was a beautiful experience you told, LuganoPirate!

prosborn
    Participant

I know what.
    Let’s all play hoppity-scotch and shout and giggle while those silly parents of ours ignore us and tell us to watch films.
    if we bounce up and down enough, they might get to page 8.
    Will they raise our pocket money when they do?
    Probly not.
    Silly, very silly, billies.

?

prosborn
    Participant

Yes!!!! 8!

The coffee posts aside.

Thank you one and all for letting me win.

BTW: World’s finest and surely best coffee, Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee, from just up behind somewhere north of Irish Town.

DISCUSSIONS CLOSED.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Millions, I’ve never seen a baby bush pig in the lounge, but I have seen a baby cheetah in the SAA lounge at JNB! Mind you, nothing surprises me in a country where there’s a special counter to check in your guns at the airport!

Can you imagine arriving at LHR with your Remington R700 Magnum rifle and asking the policeman, excuse me, where is the…………..

Papillion53
    Participant

alwaysreadytofly@ 24/10 16:56

Well isn’t it a strange old world! This “coffee” story does go back a few years, about 10 or so, and I can’t remember the chap I spoke to, but I did manage to find some old photos we took at Karen Blixen’s house and of the coffee pulper!

The company was Wm McKinnon & Co Ltd of Aberdeen, Scotland. I did a quick google search and found a link to them, and yes they still manufacture all sorts of machinery (in India?) including for coffee!
    http://www.mckinnon1.demon.co.uk

Wonder if you know them? Maybe your contacts will.

We really would love to visit Uganda – must put it on my DH’s list for MY next BIG birthday! 🙂

Photos http://s1286.beta.photobucket.com/user/Papillion53/library/Karen%20Blixen%20and%20Coffee
    Private album – coffee1

alwaysreadytofly
    Participant

Papillion53

I will ask next week as I am meeting them.

Don’t wait too long to pop over to Ug. BA direct 5 times a week and though properties are not up to the Kenya, Botswana or S.A levels there are some wonderful places to stay

A great company to help planning is http://www.KimblaMantana.com
    Ask for Liz or Tony. They are the oldest and most charming tour experts here and also assist in Kenya and Tz too if you felt a regional trip was in order

Papillion53
    Participant

Thanks for the link – I should also say that my dear old Mum worked there a very long time ago – maybe late 40’s, after the war anyway.

I was a LATE baby – OK!!!! 🙂

canucklad
    Participant

For those of you who might have a bit of spare capital to invest in a great business idea, let me. Know

Oh my idea , I hear you all say

Target audience : Premium class passenger parents
    Company name: Von Trapped
    Company motto; Clip round the ears , no more
    What we do: For a sizeable fee ( if you can afford 1st class) we will hypnotise your kids into truely sickly charming little cherubs prior to you travelling amongst the hou poloi !

Optional extras include choir singing and speaking German with an Austrian accent!

Well, what do you all think ?

Papillion53
    Participant

Canucklad – “lay ee odl lay ee odl lay hee hoo”.

Hee hee hee hee! 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 151 through 159 (of 159 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls