BA Taste of London 2013

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 96 total)

• Be_Nice
    Participant

Oh TominScotland you did amuse me this morning.

But maybe once you add all the fares up its cheaper to do Y from London, but a good read on a Saturday.

Happy Saturday

Marlene. xx

canucklad
    Participant

Sorry Tom, I couldn’t resist the link to this old joke….

BigDog may I suggest you book a flight with our national airline ….

http://www.joineeforum.com/topic/14399-fly-weegie-airlines/

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Canucklad, any airline offering Tunnock’s Caramel Biscuits would get my business. I just finished the last one from a pack of four I bought in London last week!

I’ve never had a deep fried mars bar but could imagine they’re a bit like Chocolate Nems as served at La Reserve in Geneva. Do they come with ice-cream?

esselle
    Participant

Hello LuganoPirate

You have just sent me straight back to the school tuck shop! Tunnock’s. Wagon Wheels, Sherbert Dips, washed down with Cydrax and Peardrax…………..

I suspect the Nems are a touch lighter, less calorific, and made of slightly healthier stuff than a mars bar, which is why they cost a bit more!

Any other memories of spam sandwiches and lumpy custard?

canucklad
    Participant

LP….

I do agree that Uddingston’s answer to haute cuisine is very fine indeed,.
    And I have to admit I have never, even at my most alcoholically susceptible fallen into the stereotype of a drunken Scotsman munching away on Mars bar impersonating a fish supper……

I actually remember the first time I came across traditional Scottish food….

On a family visit to my Gran’s I was given the huge responsibility to head to Franco’s at the bottom of the street and purchase the evening meal….For a 12ish year old I felt so important , and proud that I was trusted with the crisp £10 note….

“3 Fish suppers, A white pudding supper, 2 chicken suppers, A haggis supper , A bottle of Irn Bru and Red Kola and whatever you want son”…….and with that I was dispatched into the Stockbridge night

Not fancying any of the deep fried fare on show, I looked up at the newly installed neon pictured menu, and decided that the closest food to what I was used to was the healthy looking “pizza” complete with vegetables……

The horror on my face was clearly visible as my pizza was removed from its little cellophane bag, then dipped into batter and then dropped into the deep fat fryer…..To this day I still shudder at the memory!!!

Ialmost accepted my Gran’s offer of a plate of “tripe” : )

BeckyBoop
    Participant

2 BA offers!!!

2 standard tickets for £28 (£28 each on the door) for sessions on either Thursday 20 June or Friday 21 June.

Booking Code: BA241

Alternatively, upgrade your premium ticket to a VIP experience for just £40 – applicable for any session.

– Avoid the queues with fast-track entry

– Unlimited access to the VIP lounge, where you can take a break from the show floor and relax with a glass of Champagne.

– The ticket price also includes £20 worth of crowns to spend at the show.

Booking Code: BAVIP

Dont delay book now!!! :o)

edited

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Here is another great competition. This ones for VIP tickets!!! 🙂

http://www.pilsnerurquell.co.uk/taste

VintageKrug
    Participant

Latest promo offer here, two tickets for £40 and a free chocolate bar when you get there:

http://tasteoflondon.seetickets.com/tour/taste-of-london/?offercode=STANDARD40

Well worth attending if you can get to the Regents Park area 20-23 June.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

If some could mention:

**healthy food options

**more vegetarian options

**more WASHED fresh fruit

.. I would appreciate it as I do not have time to attend. Many thanks..

HongKongLady
    Participant

Can anyone tell me what else is there apart from BA and it’s tempting menu ?

canucklad
    Participant

A Friday poser to all of us………: )))0

Can anyone think of another event that has been promoted more than this one…..

BB…..Even the Superbowl pales into insignificance……

BeckyBoop
    Participant

There is talk that Willie Walsh and/or Frank van der Post will be attending on the opening day!!

Martyn – i will bring those up for you!! 🙂

HongKongLady
    Participant

Mmm just checked out the website and there seems to be lots of other things on offer. Jamie’s thing and something about marmite and champagne but obviously not together ! However you need to purchase ‘crowns’ to pay for food and drink and the ‘crowns’ are non refundable !
    Anyone attend last year ? How busy does it get ? It says wear wellies and I love wellies. I am wearing a pair now 🙂

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Me to i got myself a pair of Hunters back in the Jan sales!!! x

canuklad american football is boring full of stop start plus they wear full padding unlike British Rugby!!! lol

BigDog.
    Participant

As it appears acceptable to promote Food events which have little relevance to the reality of plane food just because it is BA sponsored, may I offer an alternative…

The UK’s biggest and best Chilli Fiesta in the delightful grounds of West Dean – near Chichester

http://www.westdean.org.uk/Events/Outdoorevents/ChilliFiesta.aspx

I have attended the Chilli Fiesta often, and plan to go again this year to stock up on goodies and relish the variety of food stalls.

My one visit to Taste-of-London was enough… and don’t believe you’ll have an opportunity to comment to movers and shakers, it is the usual BA/VintageBoop hype.

So if you want great food, with great entertainment in a beautiful venue head for West Dean in early August.

http://www.chilli-festival.com/events/uk/chichester/

Show visitors can make full use of the Parkland walk, a circular walk encompassing stunning landscapes and specimen trees in and around the St Roche’s arboretum.

Great Trip Advisor reviews …

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g186406-d270641-r138745856-West_Dean_Gardens-Chichester_West_Sussex_England.html

…don’t forget to bring a shopping bag

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 96 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls