BA Taste of London 2013

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 96 total)

• HongKongLady
    Participant

Excellent BigDog sounds just the thing, checked out the website and made a note of the date, thanks again.
    I did attend a Taste event a number of years in the East Midlands and it was small but well formed so maybe I will check out a more northern event 🙂 as well as London or instead of.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

You lot are aware you have 40 of London to restaurants and chefs including Michael Roux from Le Gavrouche (Binman and my fav)? All of which will have their own stalls showcasing their best.

canucklad
    Participant

Message to VK & BB………As a big favour to us “ Northerners” could you lobby the BA foodie’s to maybe open up a stand at the following venue next year…….a venue that by all accounts is very impressive…..

their not likely to pay much heed to a mere Silver chappie like me

See below for link

http://royalhighlandshow.org/

Ta…..

BeckyBoop
    Participant

You told me you lived in Richmond?

HongKongLady
    Participant

I can only stay for 4 hours at the event it is sold by session ! Wow someone has to be making some big bucks out of this or will profits go to charity ?

canucklad
    Participant

Misundestanding BB…LOl

“Lived” as in the past tense, and not Richmond at the end of the District line, although I know that area very well indeed ……Richmond where YVR is !!!

I’ve happily resided in a peaceful village in West Lothian for the better part of 20 years!!

Edit to add…..to all the BT Scot’s —I do actually realise I’m a “Southerner”

HongKongLady
    Participant

An event I have been meaning to get to for a number of years Canucklad, it’s on my list. Now I am sure my wellies would be needed 🙂 It seems like a great place for BA to have a wee stand to distribute some warm nuts. A little exposure up north would do them the world of good.

lloydah
    Participant

HongKongLady -I hope you mean BA and not the nuts :))

canucklad
    Participant

HK Lady…without stealing or even sounding like Becky’s thunder……I would highly recommend the RHS………

Not from personal experiance of visiting , it’s also on my wish list…alas again not this year

More from observing the state / nick of the various people I know who I’ve spoken to after they’ve enjoyed a day at the showground……Well fed and well oiled…it’s a good thing transport links are excellent LOL

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Esselle, Canucklad, sorry missed your responses.

Tuck shop – mmmmm. And Fruit salads, pineapple chunks, black jacks, not to mention baked bean and chip rolls! Ah the joys of a misspent youth!

Not quite sure why anyone would want to pay to sample BA’s food. If they want to sell their airline on the basis of their food offering then they should offer it for free!

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Gotta be the definition of sad, someone who goes to a food festival and pays to eat airline fayre 😉

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Ok so the next time any of you complain about the food on a BA flight the only people to blame is YOURSELVES not BA or its managament!!!

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“Ok so the next time any of you complain about the food on a BA flight the only people to blame is YOURSELVES not BA or its managament!!!”

So you didn’t get your GCSE in Logic, eh?

BeckyBoop
    Participant

This has nothing to do with me so stop it! So much for you caring about BA and wanting to see them return as world no 1

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

BeckyBoop – 10/05/2013 13:34 GMT
    This has nothing to do with me so stop it! So much for you caring about BA and wanting to see them return as world no 1

Maybe I missed the considerable improvements in BA’s F & B offering, but weren’t you at this event last year?

Did you not hob-nob with all the big knobs and tell them how awful their food is?

Please let us all know post event what promises the big knobs made so we can all start flying BA again!

New First anyone?
    TGI….
    AOTG

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 96 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls