BA Taste of London 2013

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 96 total)

• BeckyBoop
    Participant

LOL :o) did you ever see the film Failling Down with Michael Douglas – watch it!!

CXDiamond
    Participant

” Hippocampus – 05/04/2013 08:05 GMT

How interesting that CXDiamond claims to have flown BA First Class this week yet in another post CXDiamond claimed to never wanting to ever step anywhere near BA?

Contrary to CXDiamond’s anti-BA agenda, premium seats on BA flights to Hong Kong can be very hard to come by at short notice and if Cathay’s flights to London were sold out why not opt for an indirect routing?

Is CXDiamond telling us the full truth?”

Business Traveller, could the above insult posted please be deleted, I take great exception to being called a liar which is what is happening. There are laws preventing things like this happening and I will pursue them if you are unable to act.

The readers of the board who have a brain and who are not simply out to cause trouble will of course know than not wanting to fly BA and having to in order to get somewhere in the available time and absence of another choice are two different things and do not indicate being untruthful.

SimonS1
    Participant

Come on VK, help Becky out, she is giving you a mention every post.

I don’t think Mark “Taziolo” is in charge of food at BA Becky. The article says he is one of three ‘menu design managers’. I believe Lynn McClelland is still Head of Catering at the airline.

bacrew1
    Participant

SimonS1 Mark’s title is “food & beverage design executive” and is actually a chef within BA.. and has alot of input in the menus on certain routes.
    Lynn’s title is “head of catering operations”

ANDREWYOUNG1
    Participant

For those that ARE interested:

Taste of London Waitrose ticket offer. myWaitrose cardholders can get 2 tickets for £35, saving up to £21. Just quote WAITROSE when you book. Visit tastefestivals.com/london or call 0871 230 7132 to book.

BigDog.
    Participant

CXDiamond- 04/04/2013 15:31 GMT
    JohnHarper – 04/04/2013 18:14 GMT
    esselle – 05/04/2013 08:00 GMT

+1

esselle
    Participant

Not sure the CV of “head of catering operations” brings anything to the party beyond, perhaps, efficiency in organisation and admin.

The beanies set the challenge, then the catering team see what they can come up with that fits the budget.

Just spin.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Then go there and put the guy down and make him look stupid. Better still try and reduce him to tears.

You people are totally unbelievable. You are quick to jump on the case and put BA down interns of premium offering and management and say now one listens. Here is a chance that they are do some focus testing and giving you the chance to share you views and opinions about food and you are bottling it. No balls if you ask me.

Be_Nice
    Participant

Go girl go…..

Marlene x

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“You people are totally unbelievable. You are quick to jump on the case and put BA down interns of premium offering and management and say now one listens. “

Our right as customers to be critical.

I, for one, am not going to waste my time going to an event like this, when I know that the determining factor in food provision is the budget; I’m sure the design chefs could do great things with the right budget.

The world doesn’t owe BA a living and the company should value the feedback from websites like this, as it is getting a free focus group.

TominScotland
    Participant

CX, you poor thing – I sympathise with the tiresome pain of travelling in F with BA from London to Hong Kong. From October, may I recommend this routing as an alternative which may be more appropriate to both your sense and your sensibilities?

[Limo transfer from Travel Inn, Dagenham to Stansted Airport]

Stansted to Budapest with Ryanair

Budapest to Dubai with Wizz Air

Dubai to Ahmedabad with flydubai

Ahmedabad to Bangkok with Thai Smile

[Tuk-tuk transfer between Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueang Airports]

Bangkok to Hong Kong with Air Asia [remember that Air Asia uses Terminal 2 for check-in in HKG so on your return to London, you will need to exit the Airport Express on the right-hand side]

[Recommend the A21 public bus to Hung Hom Station from where you probably can walk home….]

Of course, there are alternatives to this routing which might include Istanbul (with transit between the two airports) or Dhaka.

Also do remember to pre-book your luggage for each leg and to stock up with sarnies and water before each leg – this will allow you to participate knowledgeably in the ‘Ryanair Taste of Bishops Stortford 2013’ event. I am sure others on this forum will help you with the precise schedule for this routing. But I would recommend it – anything to avoid BA First and their dreadful catering in the future……..

BigDog.
    Participant

CX – Haute Cuisine for a Scots person would include Deep Fried Mars Bars. It is the heart disease capital of Europe.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29380376@N04/3292061769/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/337109.stm

so maybe it is understandable why they appreciate BA’s height cuisine.
    BB why don’t you suggest installing a deep fat fryer next time you chat with Mr. Tazzioli.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

BigDog. – 06/04/2013 10:16 GMT
    CX – Haute Cuisine for a Scots person would include Deep Fried Mars Bars.

Papillion – can you tell me more about your female dog story?

millionsofmiles
    Participant

@ CXDiamond

The question: “Is CXDiamond telling us the full truth?”

Is Becky telling the truth?
    I mean, she portrays herself as a PA, yet has the time and energy to second any VK/BA-friendly post and behave as if she were flying F on a daily basis…soryy, for me there is the question who is actually just a poser and who is not.

I usually just read these BA threads and feel amused about defending the ancient products (14F in BA), smile about the arguments regarding BA’s profits and cost.
    But the ongoing war between BA promotors (BB; VK et al) and the opponents is getting ridiculous, but still funny to read.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 96 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls