BA Taste of London 2013

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 96 total)

• Anonymous

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Everyones favourite!! so make sure you mark your calendars 😉

From June 20th-23rd 2013

http://www.tastefestivals.com/london

“British Airways will be offering guests the chance to sample its new menus that are being served onboard its new A380 aircraft coming into service in the autumn, along with some of the regional cuisine that is served on its routes. Visitors are invited to discover what goes into creating a menu for service at 35 000ft, from selecting the best quality suppliers to targeting the finest ingredients that boost taste at altitude. Budding foodies will be able to take on the role of ‘airline food and wine advisor’ in the master class sessions where participants will get to sample the menus along with First class champagne, Afternoon Tea and fine cheese and wines.”

Also you should get a change to meet with BA management in charge of catering and will allow you the chance to give them your critisisms. 😉

http://www.tastefestivals.com/london/content/390/British-Airways—Height-Cuisine

BA have yet to release their own offer – VK do you know whe this will happen?

SpeedbirdA380
    Participant

Normal TOL tickets on sale today through their website

http://www.tastefestivals.com/london/content/356/Ticket-Prices

Will wait and see what special offers come our way from BA and the London papers.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I’d wait for the special offers, but worth signing up for the newsletter.

canucklad
    Participant

Becky…..Do me a favour and personally talk to BA’s Ainsley Harriot and suggest a BA Taste of Scotland, I know of lots of venues in Edinburgh that it could be held….would help get rid of the London Airways tag BA have developed up here!

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Canuklad ..lol 😉 the guy in charge of food at BA is Mark Taziolo.

http://www.bahighlife.com/News-And-Blogs/To-Fly-To-Serve-Blog/To-Fly-To-Serve-Mark-Tazzioli-British-Airways-Menu-Design-Manager.html

One tip i will give is to take pictures of the food you get on BA with you and on other carriers to show the difference.

bacrew1
    Participant

HI Becky..

It’s Mark Tazzioli… lovely chap! 😉

CXDiamond
    Participant

How lovely Becky, you even post like VintageKrug now promoting his one of his pet subjects complete with links.

I really do hope that we are not going to have the forum disrupted in the coming months with endless bumps of information about this event which is nothing to do with business travel.

I neither can imagine anyone with any sense wanting to give up their time to go and taste BA food after the experience I had of it earlier this week in F LHR-HKG. (CX sold out in F & C for three days even for a Diamond, plenty of availability on BA in F & C; telling).

I think we can conclude from it that the ‘Height Cuisine’ initiative has been a complete and utter failure and the food was as poor as it was two or three years ago so no further room for excuses or apologies.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

CXD, I take it you don’t want to come?

JohnHarper
    Participant

Not this again, certainly not everyone’s favourite, more of a spam topic or unrelenting advert.

If we have to have it, can it be kept to one thread please and not bumped for the fun of it by the usual suspects who have by now said their piece so won’t need to post again.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Well actually this is very important and not spam or an unrelenting advert but very business travel related.

Considering that…

British Airways will be offering guests the chance to sample its new menus.

You will be able to take on the role of an ‘airline food and wine advisor’ in master class sessions where you will get to sample the menus along with First class champagne, Afternoon Tea and fine cheese and wines.

They will be serving afternoon tea by a team of Ambassadors at 15:00 and 17:30 each afternoon and give you a chance to taste the special blend of Twinning’s tea that is exclusive to British Airways in-flight service,

I don’t fully agree the “Height Cuisine” programme has been a total failure. Bearing in mind the airline carries 30 million customers a year and serves 100,000 meals every day around the world. Their have been significant improvements in the BA kitchen to the point they have even won awards for some of their wine (even Binman spoke with praise on his last flight). Then there was the introduction of steam ovens now the new blend of tea exclusive to BA and who can forget the infamous choccy fondant dessert 😉

But most importantly you should get a change to meet with BA management in charge of catering (face to face) and will allow you the chance to give them your criticisms’. Considering how many of you complaining of how bad BA catering is in the premium offering you are turning down a chance of a lifetime.

VK, do you think I have missed anything else out?

Bacrew1, thanks for the correction! I have never met him but hope to do so this year.

esselle
    Participant

BB
    Do you really believe the PR spin on this? Tasting their wares in a set piece like this will have nothing to do with what happens in the air.

And talking to a development chef will not change anything either. You need to hit the guys who set the budgets he has to work to.

Hippocampus
    Participant

How interesting that CXDiamond claims to have flown BA First Class this week yet in another post CXDiamond claimed to never wanting to ever step anywhere near BA?

Contrary to CXDiamond’s anti-BA agenda, premium seats on BA flights to Hong Kong can be very hard to come by at short notice and if Cathay’s flights to London were sold out why not opt for an indirect routing?

Is CXDiamond telling us the full truth?

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Yes I do! If you lay in to this muppet and anyone else there. I am sure at their daily or post event meeting they will discuss what issues/comment raised at the event and will eventually filter up the chain. Too many people on this forum complain and that BA doesn’t listen. Now you have a chance to you are all bottling out!

Do you now regret giving back your “Premier Card” I am sure that would of allowed you closer contact to board?

canucklad
    Participant

happy TGIF day to you all and Becky in particular….

As good a publicity stunt as this is…….I’m going to ask you a simple question…….

One of my guilty pleasures from time to occasional time is a ….

Big Mac……

Now, every time I partake at indulging into the magnificent realms of fatty heart attack inducing wonder of Americana fast food cuisine I suddenly and always feel underwhelmed when I open up the polystyrene container…..

My goodness me, I hear myself proclaiming…….

“ My soggy Big Mac looks like its gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson compared to that magnificent portrait of perfection above the super size me gang !!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 96 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls