BA Taste of London 2013

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 96 total)

• BeckyBoop
    Participant

No, i have never been

VintageKrug
    Participant

I went along last year. Spent quite a bit of time “hob nobbing” with various senior people involved in delivering service.

All the BA food and nibbles is indeed gratis, the top end restaurants charge, but it’s an easy way to sample several new places and put them on the list for later in the year.

At previous events I have spent 15-20 minutes questioning Willie himself, met Frank van der Post and Abbie Comber several times as well as a few of the catering team, some of whom impressed.

It’s absolutely an opportunity for anyone with a Silver or Gold card to speak to the senior team directly.

All that’s needed is some gumption to introduce yourself. Anyone who is capable of asking intelligent questions rather than just moaning about petty service failures will be richly rewarded.

Anyone who says otherwise is misguided. You can still buy tickets for 20-23 June here, see back in this thread for promo codes:

http://www.tastefestivals.com/london

BigDog.
    Participant

Methinks KrugHandles has been developing some new avatar characters for his virtual world.

SimonS1
    Participant

BeckyBoop – 10/05/2013 08:25 GMT
    There is talk that Willie Walsh and/or Frank van der Post will be attending on the opening day!!

After today’s BA performance, WW may find that even the food tastes a little bitter.

millionsofmiles
    Participant

VK: “At previous events I have spent 15-20 minutes questioning Willie himself”

Yes, of course. And he stayed there to talk as well to another 200 people to patiently discussing the ups and downs of BAs food.
    This is really a nice comedy, thanks VK and BB.

VintageKrug
    Participant

He didn’t talk much about food. We mostly spoke about routes, new cabins and aircraft. There were about six people listening at the time, just in the BAEC Hospitality Tent.

The team are quite accessible in there; go along, you will have an opportunity to make your views heard rather than moaning on here incessantly!

SimonS1
    Participant

Sounds gripping but I’m doing my hair that day.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

You guys really are all talk and no balls! YOu give all mouth then when it comes to speaking to someone in charge you cant do it!

esselle
    Participant

VK

If you did spend all that time letting WW have your views on BA food at last year’s event, it clearly had no impact at all.

SimonS1
    Participant

You really think I would buy a ticket and travel to London for the privilege of speaking to someone at BA?

And you seriously think it would serve any purpose?

I suppose some in some cases meeting the great man helps people maintain their sense of self importance though.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Yes

StephenLondon
    Participant

SimonS1 – no, you should buy a ticket, come to a great Taste Festival where you can enjoy sampling dishes from 40+ restaurants and have a fun time.

The bonus would be a glass of something nice in the BA lounge, a canape or two, and the chance to meet some of BA’s senior team and have a relaxed chat with them. The focus needs to be on the Taste event, and possibly discovering something new to please your palate. Anything else is just cream on top of what can be a fun, interesting and delicious day!

esselle
    Participant

BB
    A question. If you are in such a senior PA position that allows you to enjoy premium travel, swank hotels and their like, how come you cannot spell? Le GavroUche? MichAel Roux?. Come on…..

canucklad
    Participant

Another week over…… and up to Morayshire for a weeks golf and some fantastic locally produced fare at my local hotel….

Becky ,have a great weekend and remember to mention to the BA foodies about my idea concerning the RHS next year …..Ta

Have a great weekend……

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Thanks you too!! remind me closer the time.

This site doesnt have a spell checker

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 96 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls