BA Taste of London 2013

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 91 through 96 (of 96 total)

• SimonS1
    Participant

So has everyone got their tickets then? I see the comments on Flyertalk are up to 88 pages now across the 2 threads so there could be a big audience for WW to preach to.

StephenLondon
    Participant

@SimonS1 – several of the Taste sessions are sold out. I am looking forward to trying out quite a few dishes from London restaurants.

I wouldn’t expect to see WW there (he has been in years past when he worked at BA, and has was very open and available for discussions), but expect to see Keith Williams (BA CEO) and others members of the leadership team. As per previous years, they will all be available to meet customers in the hospitality lounge open to BA Prem, Gold and Silver members.

As for the FlyerTalk lounge thread…storm in a teacup. I read through the feedback, most of the posters complaining haven’t even been through the lounges since the new caterers arrived. The others who have been through make their point…repeatedly on page after page. So noise to posting ratio is high amongst just a few who seem unhappy.

Compare this to, what, the 70,000 customers per day BA handle at LHR with a good many visiting the lounges, which remain busy from opening to closing. No wonder BA haven’t responded to demands to know every detail of the catering operation and contract.

Things change. People need to get over it…they can’t bag crisps for kiddies lunch boxes and Walkers biscuits anymore (and I did see a lady pocket more than a dozen packets of biscuits earlier this year, bizarrely). But they still have a lovely haven away from the bustle of the airport, a choice of food and beverage and space to relax or work.

If a few Flyertalkers are unhappy, they should fly with another airline rather than whip themselves up into a provincial frenzy.

VintageKrug
    Participant

How exciting – I’ve just won the FT competition I posted here for Laurent-Perrier masterclass tickets over the weekend!

Another good Karma day 😉

Congratulations VK!

Unfortunately that weekend is imposs for me, otherwise I would have invited you to share a calimocho!

VintageKrug
    Participant

Alas, as I mentioned in an earlier post this will have to be on-gifted, as I am out of the country that weekend. But I’m sure someone will enjoy it!

jetplane
    Participant

Quel Dommage! as my friend who went on to be a champagne merchant used to say. I will be there on Friday last session with Mrs Jetplane who is rather partial to bubbles, so we will make a ‘touchdown’ for a glass chez BA!

Viewing 6 posts - 91 through 96 (of 96 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls