Hilton Honors has extended its loyalty benefits due to the ongoing disruption to travel.
Members of the loyalty programme will be able to retain their points and elite status for an extended period of time. Changes for next year include:
- Extending status until March 31, 2023 so members can maintain their perks and benefits for longer
- Pausing points expiration until December 31, 2022, so members can have more time to use their points towards free nights, exclusive experiences, live events, charitable donations and so on
- Extending rollover nights for members of every status level, so all completed 2021 nights automatically count towards 2022 tier qualifications
The group has also announced that it will make it easier for members to earn status next year by relaxing its requirements. In 2022, the status tier requirements will include:
- Silver status at seven nights, three stays or 17,500 base points
- Gold status at 28 nights, 14 stays or 52,500 base points
- Diamond status at 42 nights, 21 stays or 84,000 base points
When it comes to milestone bonuses, members will receive 10,000 bonus points at 30 nights; 10,000 bonus points for every 10 additional nights (after 30 nights); and a one-time 30,000 bonus points at 60 nights.
Finally, members will get a one-time gift of Gold status for a friend or family member at 40 nights, which can be upgraded to Diamond status at 70 nights.
Jenn Chick, Hilton’s vice president and global head, Hilton Honors and Customer Engagement, said:
“As we get back to a new season of travelling together, we want our loyal guests to know that we made these programme changes with them top-of-mind. We are proud to lead the hospitality industry in, once again, providing flexibility to our valued Hilton Honors members to help them make new memories when they’re ready to travel again.”
Guests can also benefit from Hilton’s ‘Power Up’ global promotion until December 31, 2021, which allows eligible Hilton Honors members to earn double points for all stays and triple points if they use a Hilton co-branded card.