Things that I Hate in an Airport

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 91 total)

• Danwolf
    Participant

My first T5 pet hate happened yesterday at the Iris scanning area.

Fistly, arrived back from ARN in the evening to find the passport check area completely rammed with peope, even the Iris scanning area. Lines were just horrific. My friend went through the ‘normal’ EU line, I went to the Iris. Only one Iris scanning was working and a number of people appeared to be going into the machine and not being able to go through because they weren’t registered for the system. This would render the iris scanning machine inoperable for a few minutes if somebody was rejected (computer says no…). Gentleman behind me and I had a ‘chuckle’ about it.

Gripe 1: No staff were on hand to assist with this and when prompted by multiple people, gave blank stares and didn’t know what to do. BAA need to improve this area of T5 at ‘peak’ times.

Gripe 2: Fast Track never seems open anymore in T5 (or at least when I tend to arrive very early mornings)…and Iris scan not open early mornings either. Iris scan is great when it works (and shame they’re supposedly getting rid of them), but they need to be able to have both the machines operable at peak times.

BABenji
    Participant

Stansted & Luton: Just about everything. Nasty, grotty Tesco Value Airports.

Heathrow T5: Lavatories with their, until recently watered down soap, now replaced with cheap white plastic dispensers, rendering the investment in the nice integrated ones, a waste of time.

Heathrow T5 Arrivals: The pens tied and sellotaped to the desks for people to complete their arrivals cards. With all the investment in the terminal to make it look as good as it does, it’s the little touches that really let it down.

Heathrow: Arriving and being told “were just waiting for someone to come and switch the guidance system on so we can reach our final parking position.” ARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!! I have an image of people sitting in a room, a look of total bewliderment upon their faces: “What? A plane? Here? Now? I wasn’t expecting that.”

Toronto Pearson: On arrival, the stand is always miles from immigration. On departure, the lounge (used to be) miles from the gate. I don’t know if this has changed in the last 3 years.

Miami: Where to begin?

Zurich: The train to E gates and the awful rice offering in the lounges. In fairness to Zurich however, I hate having to get on those little trains anywhere….T5, Stansted, Singapore. No rational reason behind it, I just can’t stand them.

Sydney: The bus from domestic to international and vice versa which runs when it feels like.

Perth: Where the Qantas Club is too small

skywards
    Participant

The TSA at LAX……brutal without the beatings.

RichHI1
    Participant

Surprised Skywards, which Terminal? I find them at T4 (AA) to be very professional at the scanning machines (just wish they would replace tops on bottles and tubes in checked bags.)

skywards
    Participant

T.B.I.T. RichHI1

RichHI1
    Participant

That explains it, Satan’s playground… CBP is appalling there too. They have been rebuildign it for years and it never gets better… the very thought of it makes me shudder…

RichHI1
    Participant

Euro Pet Hate – The AMS runway that is actually in Haarlem (or is it Belgium)

LeTigre
    Participant

That’s one thing you could never accuse Heathrow of, runways that are too far away.

It simply doesn’t have any!

RichHI1
    Participant

Gets in the way of the shoppping…

Binman62
    Participant

And to think there used to be 6 runways at LHR. 4 are now part of the malls!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Now in F lounge at ZRH. Annoys me that in lounge you can only log on for an hour with a voucher. Of course you can get several vouchers but each one needs a user name and pw which are so complicated to enter, especially on an iPad, being lower, upper case and numbers. In MXP I could log on just by accepting the conditions.

canucklad
    Participant

Final Call flashing madly…Gate Closing…imminently going to miss your flight

Usain Bolt it through terminal and train transfers

Get to gate ——-150 people milling about waiting for a sheep dog to take charge

Look out window onto Apron …Aircraft hasn’t even landed from its previous sector

Oh how Easyjet & Ryanair like to tease us !!!

canucklad
    Participant

THIS IS ESPECIALLY FORBAA MANAGEMENT AT EDI………………………….

Next time you enter your local ASDA,sainsburys or Morrisons etc..I would like you to knowhow it feels for the rest of us …..

Please can you go upto a store employee and DEMAND that they relieve you of a £1….and that you won’t shop in their shop until they take so said pound…

What have you got planned nex…a t £1 pound charge to go up in the escalators……Crikey shouldn’t be putting ideas in your heads

Have a sunny weekend Dick turpins.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Plz HELP!!! are there any cameras on the north road at heathrow if so who do i speak to if i need to see them? Some f******* b******* in a dark RAN?GE ROVER sport cut me up caused me to break suddenly swerve and hit the curb and damaage the alloy on my beloved baby car and almost cause a pile up. the w****** in the two cars behingd me also gave me lip as they over took me both looked like chaufers in mercs. If it was you or you know who it was plz let me know….. the whole thing has really upset me… 🙁
    x

MartynSinclair
    Participant

BeckyBoop – if I were you, I would drive up the north road and check it out.

Back to the thread, I hate arriving at an airport by air, when the window seat passenger deciding to keep the window shades down. I do like to know when metal or rubber is about to hit the ground!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 91 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls