Things that I Hate in an Airport

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 91 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

I also hate that British passport holders do not have their own dedicated line at border control.

I hate when the ‘other nationalities’ q is shorter than the mixed European passport q.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Have to agree Martyn. So many airports, Zurich, JNB, US for example have dedicated lines for their own citizens. Why do we always have to play so bl***y fair?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

something to do with being a member of the bloody E E C!

AMMENDED – for “bloody EEC” please now read “bloody E U”!

VintageKrug
    Participant

It hasn’t been called the EEC since 1993. It’s successor, the European Community, was abolished in 2009.

The correct term is “bloody EU”.

Bucksnet
    Participant

How about EUSSR or fourth reich?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Come on Bucksnet – its Monday morning, I dont think we need the German Army marching through LHR!

Mind you, I wonder whether the British Army would take better control of security and border control. Imagine the SAS being incharge of airport security and border control. Simply ‘take out’ any one arguing – but at least the lines would move quicker!!

r ryan
    Participant

1)Right on with the baggage trolleys..grrr

2) Also with fake boarding calls – best effort goes to least favourite and most squalid airport (Melbourne) when my Virgin flight jumped from “delayed” to ‘boarding’. Abandon meal in lounge and move v. quickly to security which is AFTER the lounge (another hate) , a mad dash to the gate, with “final call’ flashing to discover the aircraft wasn’t there. They didn’t even know when it would be there, and “please wait in gate area for further announcements sir”….double grrrrr

3) the crap, distorted, garbled PA systems at airport gates. In Dublin last week, flight delayed with the Cityjet Avro on the fritz (can see mechanic poking at it)…very long, totally distorted, gargled announcement (thick Irish accent+crap PA). On enquiring at the desk was told that the announcement was to say, “please wait for an announcement” (ah, Ireland)

3) Bl**dy buses, especial Zurich. Not enough buses, too many squashed, and i mean SQUASHED onto each bus. HATE the bus.

4) being bussed, on a mega stifling bus, on a hot day, to park at aircraft steps for 20 minutes. More than once at Zurich. …triple grrrr

RichHI1
    Participant

All these comments about the lamentable European Onion remind me of my pet hate at LHR when someone had the bright idea to label “duty” free (I think that stopped with EU). EU or INT for International. Only lasted a short while but I am so sick of this Europe by stealth stuff. I am so glad we are not in Schengen and the Euro now if only we can get Cameron to find his Co**nes hold the referendum and go back to being supportive trade partners… Then we can introduce UK , Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland Citizens immigration line and stop accepting European bus passes as ID. Remove all European language signs and replace with Chinese and Japanese (maybe even Korean) … excuse me I have to go and lie down..

Bucksnet
    Participant

Who said anything about army? I was just stating other names for the EU.

RichHI1
    Participant

Just change the E to an F.

Bucksnet
    Participant

Yep, the EU is a German plan and is implementing Nazi ideas by stealth. Time to wake up people.

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~choh/german.htm

It is bureaucrats who are perpetuating the EU with a cunning plan to deliver a nanny state.

Wrt the thread – Groups who block travelators. By all means stand but leave a route through for people who wish to walk.

Bucksnet
    Participant

A nanny state and a fascist state. The bureaucrats in the European Commission propose the laws, draft them, and then tell the puppet EU parliament how to vote on them.

Also the EU constitution can be changed without anyone taking a vote. At least the US constitution requires a 66% vote of the House and a 75% vote of the Senate, or is that the other way round?

Getting back to airport security, if we got out of the EU we could regain control of our own borders and chose our own policies. It was in the paper this morning, that one of the 21/7 bombers has served half his sentence, and is now back out on the streets of London because the EU won’t allow us to deport him. Enough is enough.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

FlyingFox, I agree with you about the Zurich buses, and the driver, nicely insulated from his sweating passengers has his window open, but leaves us in sauna like condition as he does not switch on the A/C. Infuriating!

Tete, my bugbear as well is people who form a long line to check-in, blocking the passage for those of us who need to pass through. Airport at fault here, why not paint a yellow box, like on roads, which has to be kept free so people can push their trollies past.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 91 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls