The Slop They Serve in BA F These Days

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 76 through 85 (of 85 total)

• lloydah
    Participant

And those wonderful custard pastries you get in Lisbon – I think, may have been Naples – in fact decent vanilla custard anywhere is heaven on a stick. The last CW offering that covered my pudding was some length from that.

NTarrant
    Participant

Bread dries out quickly in cabins because the air is so much more drier than on the ground. That is why bread is sometimes dry and tough.

RoadKing
    Participant

@RichHI1, I agree. Only English can find Marmite worth eating πŸ™‚

lloydah
    Participant

Nice to know we’re the only ones with good taste πŸ™‚

NTarrant
    Participant

Marmite, yuh! You either love it or hate it. There was a program last year on tv about the makers taking Marmite to India, their research was that no one seemed to like it but it seemed to work as a food flavourer.

VintageKrug
    Participant

British Airways uses artisan Bread provider http://manoucher.com/ who create the longhaul bread rolls; they are specially baked to remain moist at altitude.

You can purchase the breads in Harrods.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

There is always Vegimite if you dont like marmite …its less bitter
    xx

VintageKrug
    Participant

Now, Becky, I like you, I can even handle your prosthelytization of Vegemite.

But we’re going to fall out if we get β€œits” and β€œit’s” mixed up!

πŸ˜‰

BeckyBoop
    Participant

lol..sorry hun not so easy from my bb while on a bus xxxxxxx

RichHI1
    Participant

I would take issue with the spelling of Vegemite prior to grammatical questions, that’s if I cared and did not feel embarrassed that I cannot type for toffee.
    I take great delight in spreading both on muffins to upset my US friends who regard them as the invention of Satan.

Viewing 10 posts - 76 through 85 (of 85 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls