The Slop They Serve in BA F These Days

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 85 total)

• robsmith100
    Participant

Hmmmm Nandos on a plane??? That would go down a treat and in ALL cabins πŸ˜‰

VK, give it a try i am sure you wont be disapointed, its my prefered fast food joint!

http://www.nandos.co.uk/

VintageKrug
    Participant

I’m not certain the under-chauffeur would risk driving the Roller into a double digit postcode to collect a β€œNando’s”, however well tinted the glass! πŸ˜‰

BeckyBoop
    Participant

eeek Nandos!!!! and eat it on a plane!! ;o)…i didnt thik they did take away.. do they? Vintage Krug.. if your driver wont take you there sack him what do you pay him for??? xxxxxx πŸ˜‰

VintageKrug
    Participant

I wouldn’t be accompanying him to Nando’s. He’d have to go on his own!

I would forgive, and even commend, his sense of good taste and discernment in such a situation.

RichHI1
    Participant

This is a new one on me, British Portuguese fast food! Wow! Took a look at website…, Is it more McDonalds or TGIF?
    How come they have a mediterranean salad on the menu when they are Portuguese and where is the Bacalhao swimming in Olive Oil with Potatoes -( yuk!!!!!!!!!)
    Forgive my missing some of these references, they are a trifle “in” . Who is under your chauffeur and what is a double digit post code? I thought all UK codes were the same and mixed Numbers and Letters like the Canadian ones do too?

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

If you think Nando’s is bad, you haven’t tried Pollinos, Malta’s answer.

http://www.pollinos.net/

RichHI1
    Participant

If you like Portuguese, try Malasadas. Fried Portuguese donuts we have in Hawaii, d*mn are they good! Or if you are in Portugal try the Pasteis de Belem (Nata) Cream Pastries for Breakfast with Cinnamon. Should be a health warning on them they are so good … but British Portuguese Fast Chicken – not sure… Sorry about the off topic as Portuguese food is not what they serve on BA in any cabin…

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Rich nandos is actualy from south africa.. no joke πŸ™‚ xx

Vinatge krug… hun dont be ashamed to be seen in a nandos ;), i love it!! i can think of more worse places ;o) xxxxxx

RichHI1
    Participant

Thanks Becky, that explains the mediterranean salad, so we are talking “braai” huh?

BeckyBoop
    Participant

yes you are spot on rich, dont tell me you are another one to be deprived to not having a taste of a nandos?.. lol xxx

stevescoots
    Participant

I have, just the once, I rate it marginally worse than a Ruth Chris Steakhouse and just above a TGI friday

RichHI1
    Participant

Sorry but true. My time in UK is strictly for business so I am probably a little out of touch.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Ruth Chris’s Steakhouse, how on earth can a steak cost that much and be so tastless, but you do get to leave a 20% tip!

A great reason to be a Veggie!

RichHI1
    Participant

Their seafood is terrible too…. but not as bad as BA ex PVG or GRU (just to get back to topic)
    Overhyped and overpriced loved by the tourists…. such is life.

RoadKing
    Participant

@First-Pax:

I am sorry to admit that I don’t remember what it was named, but it was fish, and being a Norwegian I know when a seafood dish is properly made. This was really good.

Off topic; I should never have posted in this thread, my mailaccount is packed with notifications πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 85 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls