The Slop They Serve in BA F These Days

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 85 total)

• RichHI1
    Participant

Lutefisk … mmmm yummy (irony here!)

RoadKing
    Participant

Lutefisk is actually very tasty. (no irony 🙂 )

RichHI1
    Participant

Can we agree that like Marmite, Natto and Tripe it is an acquired taste which probably benefits from having grown up with it.
    On things Norwegian, I would venture Gjetost for breakfast is my idea of cheese nirvana but I will pass on the Lutefisk 🙂

BeckyBoop
    Participant

geez you lot are hard work! i prefer not to have any think fancy i just want some thing simple, light and heathly there are times when all i wanted…… was penut butter or beans on toast! xxx

VintageKrug
    Participant

Beans on Toast is one of the best things to have in the sky, alongside kedgeree.

Before it went batty, bmi did both of these dishes in its excellent “the business” cabin. Superb.

RichHI1
    Participant

Is there an airline that will give me a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich? Show me, tell me, now…. forget the fancy stuff, I crave these when I am in England.. I can find Jif peanut butter and smuckers jelly but the bread is not the same…

BeckyBoop
    Participant

oohh Rich my sweat pea know how you feel my ex is just like you 😉 .. you need to go to selfridges for that sort of thing. english bread lacks the sugar try the kingsmill 50/50 ;o) for the record i prefer skippy smooth :o) xxxxx

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Rich – just ask the hotel you are departing from to make it, wrap it and send you on your with it. Otherwise, Partner Rich, could make them up or even the man himself RichHI1, it cant be all that difficult.

I would never dream of leaving a hotel or even home with out some Special K and a tub of low fat yoghurt………………..

VintageKrug
    Participant

I once went on a picnic with a friend who was staying at Claridge’s. Expecting a superb spread to have been provided by the hotel, we were treated to…..Jam Sandwiches. Apparently it was his favourite.

The disappointment was tangible.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

vk….thats because it didt have penut buter…makes all the diff 😉 xxx

rich, my ex text me in the night apparently you cn get pb&j sarnies on some us domestic flights but you will have to ask for a kids meal and fly in coach xxx

lloydah
    Participant

The bread I’ve had in the US is the absolute pits. So sweet it’s all you can taste. Give me a good UK home made loaf any day. Come to think of it the peanut butter in the States is a sugar trip too, but then horses for courses.

stevescoots
    Participant

you should try the bread in china, they actually coat it in a sugar glaze….

first thing i do in HK is pop over to CitySuper to pick up my bread before going across the border

RichHI1
    Participant

Martyn worse than that I have my own place. Becky is right about the bread.
    Lloydah depends where you are and what you like for breakfast, Lox and Bagels or Sturgeon Onion and Eggs goes down well in NYC, Huevos Revueltos in Los Angeles, Dungeness Crab Omlette iN San Francisco and Eggs Benedict with Crab in Honolulu. Or if I am feeling righteous and working at 5.00 am it is low fat muffin and a massive low fat Latte with about 5 extra shots… to go.
    Try experimenting away from the Mid West Dennys style mainstream. Much the same as UK, there is more than a fry up and beans on offer, many US friends have not tried kippers, smoked haddock, Kedgeree, Black Puddings, potato cakes, all sorts of wonderful regional specialties.
    Claridges as one woudl expect know and cater to their guests tastes. VK should let them know you are partial to PBJ’s and I am sure they would import them for you in toto. Possibly the only thing I woudl drink Rose Krug with 😉

lloydah
    Participant

RichHI1 You’re right in saying it depends where you are, I like to try as many different dishes/tastes that I can within reason. Sometimes though a thick piece of newly baked bread is exactly what you want, butter and marmite, comfort food. There’s something special about it that you don’t seem to get from precut/plastic wrapped loaves.

RichHI1
    Participant

Totally agree. Bread of all sorts, Loaves, Bagels, Muffins, Rolls, Baguettes all tastes better whenwarm and fresh out of the oven without the plastic wrap. My pet hate is cold and stale or badly reheated bread on planes!!!!!!!!!!
    Just thought favourite bread topic… Churros (fried donut) stuffed with Dulce de Leche from street stand in Main Square in Valparaiso Chile… Sweet Lloydah but paradise with a ristretto…

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 85 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls