The Slop They Serve in BA F These Days

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 85 total)

• RichHI1
    Participant

Any one else remember the silver service restaurant in T3 back in the 1970’s?

hac12394
    Participant

Can’t say I have noticed any great decline in the quality of food in First: had an amazing salad – the bistro offering – on my flight to NY in February. I will say that the desserts can be somewhat interesting – a few years ago I chose to end my meal with a Baked Alaska which was, in reality, a bit of meringue, some berries, compote and ice cream. CLUB, by contrast, is the opposite: the wee side salad and dessert are your only guaranteed enjoyable parts of the meal, I find. Well that’s my tuppence worth, but I would say it’s ALL cost with BA, but then it’s all change with the soft product come the autumn.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I do think the food in BA F is much maligned. It’s really rather good:

http://tinyurl.com/6g63ueg

robsmith100
    Participant

VK, out of curiosity what is this culinary delight?

First-Pax
    Participant

Looks like ‘slop’ to me VK. What was it exactly? …and what’s the skid mark on the left of the plate?

Personally, I’d much rather have a nicely roasted fillet of beef carved in front of me. Good, plain, simple quality.

RichHI1
    Participant

Interested the knife is laid facing outwards. Does this have some significance?

First-Pax
    Participant

I think the knife is trying to escape !

RoadKing
    Participant

On my recent trip from Shanghai to London in new First, I would say the food, drinks and service was outstanding.

First-Pax
    Participant

Out of interest RoadKing, what did you eat?

First-Pax
    Participant

Old photo VK (you’ve used it before haven’t you?) – and unfortunately the oven cooked steaks taste like boiled shoe leather.

Note the plastic cutlery (post 9/11) and the burned french beans. Yuk !

First-Pax
    Participant

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

“VK, out of curiosity what is this culinary delight?

Looks like Lobster, wrapped in half a Nando’s chicken, with hash brown jus.

First-Pax
    Participant

Disgusted’ – LOL 🙂

VintageKrug
    Participant

What’s a Nando’s chicken? We obviously move in different circles 😉

r ryan
    Participant

VK must not live in any of these countries….

or it could be he has such heavily tinted windows on the Roller, he never sees these establishments slumped in the depths of the Connolly hide back seat? (let alone smell them, which is something best avoided)

” Nando’s has locations in Australia, Bangladesh, Bahrain, Botswana, Canada, Cyprus, Fiji, India, Ireland, Kuwait, Lebanon, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Mauritius, Namibia, New Zealand, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Singapore, South Africa, Swaziland, Turkey, UAE, UK, USA, Zambia and Zimbabwe.”

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 85 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls