Tarantulas on a Plane!

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 162 total)

• JonathanCohen09
    Participant

Good evening everyone,

Jim, well done to you for your last post. Trust a fellow Scot to draw it all together so nicely into one post. It has been an excellent week, with no sniping and a truly fun and informative thread that seems to have given us all a good laugh. Long may it continue.

Airpocket, love the ‘JoCo’ shortening of my name. I may actually change to that. I do however await with interest your startinga thread on the meaning of life and whatever else you want us to talk about.

Hess, my very good friend, thank you too for your excellent posts on this thread. I think though that you need to cut down on the red wine. I want to make sure that you do not again think that you are a LASS instead of a BLOKE. We like you just the way you are. (I think there may be a song in there somewhere)

One last point for you all to consider;

HOW WOULD WE ALL FEEL ABOUT A GET TOGETHER FOR AS MANY POSTERS TO THIS FORUM AS POSSIBLE. I THINK IT WOULD BE FUN AND WHAT A LAUGH WE COULD HAVE IF WE ALL GOT TOGETHER. i KNOW THAT IT COULD BE DIFFICULT TO ORGANISE BUT MAYBE TOM AND HIS COLLEAGUES COULD HELP TO MAKE IT HAPPEN?

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK

BEST TO YOU ALL FOR A GOOD WEEK,

Jonathan

Hess963
    Participant

“…..infligt magazines’ pages are stuck together..”–my predecessor has sweaty hands !!
    “..the AVOD won’t reboot…”–overstrained F/A don’t know the system..!!

Hess963
    Participant

Hi Jonathan !!

Don’t get me wrong–I don’t know–it seems weird referring JoCo to you–it sounds like a choc bar –hopefully not deep fried !!

Well I am cutting the red wines–switching to ales ( you won’t get too girlish drinking it !!) Whoa..now your bestowing a song to me…Jonathan you…!!!! HA, HA, HA…–just joking !!
    The idea of getting together is great. Let see how it works !!

Cheers !
    Hess

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Tarantula – whoever you are, you’re a genius! What a wonderful post. To quote Jasper Carrott (sorry, I am from B’ham) – “I laughed so much, I thought my socks would never dry.”

Jim Bannerman – keep up the good work – seems like you could become a massive contributor. Again, great stuff.

Hess – glad we sorted the gender issue out…..

Jonno – again, good stuff and thanks for lightening my weekend.

It’s so much better to read this stuff compared to some of the cr*p we’ve read lately.

Also, fair play to VK and Airpocket for joining in the fun. I mean that.

Simon

SimonRowberry
    Participant

PS I love JoCo’s idea of a get together. He dug me out through the inter-thingmebob and we’re meeting soon in London.

It’s so refreshing not to be slagging each other off and to actually be talking complete drivel (“as bloody usual” I hear Mr Otley say…).

If we had a get-together, VK and Airpocket could wear bags over their heads of they choose (and believe me, I’m not being at all perjorative – how could we have a get-together without VK and Airpocket?).

It’s 02.00 in the colloquialist peoples’ republic of the Bulgars, I’m knackered and the Sheraton Balkan has definitely seen better days. I don’t like hotels where the lobby smells of stale sweat and they try for a grandeur that even Intourist couldn’t manage (or the Bulgar equivalent). So I’ll write something a bit more coherent in the morning.

Hess963
    Participant

Morning everyone !!

Simon–I thought we have decided not to snide over VK and Airpocket ??

That will be great to meet the others !!

Airpocket
    Participant

I don’t have a problem with VK and I certainly wouldn’t have a problem meeting him. Like I said, the approaching festive season has mellowed me out :o) But, that’s where it stops: I still refuse to fly BA or VS!

NTarrant
    Participant

Morning all

A get together is an excellent idea, perhaps BT can invite representatives from the airlines and hotel chains we have debated in the forum, particularly BA and VS which get the most attention.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

I wasn’t being snide about anyone! I think it’s a great idea, and the more people who could make it, the better. Not sure about inviting the hotel and airline reps, though….it would change the emphasis of the get-together, in my view.

Airpocket
    Participant

Would it be possible to get Walsh and ‘Beardie’ Branson in the same room at this gettogether (that is one cat fight I would sacrifice a fair chunk of my air miles to see!)?Indeed, can we have it either at the T5 Terraces lounge or the T3 Cowshed?
    Mellow?Yes. Cheeky?Definitely!Satirical, p*ss-taking?Hell yeah!

MarcusUK
    Participant

I am sure like everyone else, it would not find any food on Board a BA flight anyhow!

Hess963
    Participant

I do see it like Simon–it won’t feel like a get-togeher–but more like a convention-which is more formal and the main roles giving to the airline reps. Our get-together should be definitely more informal

NTarrant
    Participant

It was just a thought, but I would be happy for a get together without any hipe!

Hess963
    Participant

Definitely for a down-to-earth get-together where everybody can be himself–have some pints and a good meal !! That’s what I expect from our gathering.

I know it seems awkward-but as the fried choc bar originated from Scotland–why not considering to meet there( any possible city ) ?
    At least for those non Scots–we will get to know those pubs or fish ‘n chip shops mentioned earlier.

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

Having first suggested, or speculated, that this could bring about a “Posters United” confab, I’ll be biased not only towards my nationality but also to the subject matter of the original posting 130+ ago and recommend we meet under the cover of darkness in Edinburgh. Mather’s and the Rapido fish bar, two key ingredients of any successful business meeting (is that enough publicity for you Tam?) are obvious starters. Then I would naturally be drawn towards the Cafe Royal and Guildford Arms, ridiculously located adjacent to each other – drinkaware.co.uk really?? – behind the place where you look up your family tree and find that after a few pints in each, anyone in the world is eligible to drink for Scotland.

But I’d settle for anywhere that is convenient for everyone, London or Heathrow is fine. Agree that it needs to be the informal crowd option – Walsh, Branson and the CEO of Hilton etc in the Rapido fish bar, now there’s a sight to help your insomnia management.

What’s happened to AnnChan? Has AirArtery had an aneurism already? Good to see a promising degree of satirical talent amongst us, hey after a few pints of Orkney Dark Island we could be launching our own BT version of Private Eye – any ideas for the first cover pic & caption? Or how about a TV show, we could have Mock the Seat or Have I Got Amenity Kits for You?

The world is our fish supper.

Slainte

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 162 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls