Tarantulas on a Plane!

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 162 total)

• boxingclever

Going right back to the beginning , i just wondered what the law would be if you were bitten by a tarantula on a plane , could you be compensated by the airline for example ?

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Back to the thread? Spoilsport.

Grandholmrobbo
    Participant

Can we talk about English food now?!?!?
    Dripping? Tripe???
    Hmpff, Scottish cuisine v English?
    I don’t know which one is worst!!

Hess963
    Participant

There are Scottish delicacies which some users out there should try like Bannocks, Scottish Salmons, Angus Steaks, Forfar Bridies etc.
    I think our Scottish users know more than my personal culinary experiences in Scotland. And of course–always a decent splash of single malt !!

Hess963
    Participant

John–I don’t think Scottish or English food is bad in general–some of our countrymen just tend to eat some unspeakable and unhealty things called food from time to time. But I think the British Isle and its consisting parts can or have contribute some good foodies !!

flyingbunny
    Participant

A while ago but always good to see a French reaction when food is concerned.. I like it how they have a picture in case you don’t believe what is going to happen…

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/654750.stm

I have eaten deep fried scorpion / fried maggots etc on my travels so I do believe a battered spider would be better than the feel of the hairs on your throat as you crunch on spindly legs.

Any other world cuisine we should all try?

Grandholmrobbo
    Participant

Oh dear, sadly that article confirms what I thought, that deep fried Mars Bars did indeed originate up here.
    I want to blush!

Hess963
    Participant

I think I am having a heart attack !! The French must be laughing at loud over the Brits for such derailment of taste. Chicken in Seven Up, chocolate filled Ravioli…?? What horrible inventions ? I think I just hear Jamie Oliver banging his head on the wall !!
    I just hope such things will disappear quickly as they have appear , oh dear !!!

NTarrant
    Participant

Actually Hess, if you had a diet of deep fried Mars bars, chips and just to add a bit of the orient, curry sauce, you would be having a heart attack!

I understand that there is a chip shop in Glasgow that will batter any choc bar you like, just take it in he’ll do it. Apparently Snickers are popular, just to add a nutty flavour.

Still I suppose the different types of food in Britian gives variety, not like poor old Greenland where it is fish and just for a change fish!

Bon appetite

boxingclever

Rocky Mountain oysters are an American delicacy , but lets just say, they are not what you might think oysters are.
    I have tried them , very nice although i cant see it catching on , even in Scotland 🙂

Hess963
    Participant

As I spent most of my childhood and teenage days growing up in Great Manchester area, I loved Chip Butty !!! I am not sure, if other Brits apart from the Northwest now and like Chip Butty? I loved it with curry sauce. But deep fried choc bar with curry sauce–whow ??!! Speechless !!

NTarrant your right about one sided food( poor Greenland ! )–but at least fresh and rightly prepared fish is healty.

Regarding the Rocky Mountain oysters–I tried the Spanish brothers of those oysters!! I was spoofed by my friends when we were in Valencia, Spain. We were in a small restaurant for lunch. They ordered a specialty which is called “criadillas”. The pieces were cut small and battered. For me it looked like normal deep friend finger food. So I ate it without knowing it was “bull balls”–it tasted like normal meat which is deep fried, so I ate it with anticipation. After I finished my portion-my “lovable friends” confessed me what I ate–it was just a moment where I really felt sick–but I manage to control my reflex not to honk !! I think those bull testacles are not only a delicacy in Spain and USA, but Mexico and Italy ??

AnnChan
    Participant

Boxingclever, it will indeed catch on as long as it’s battered ….. Hmmmm …. we could call it Testicle Tempura and charge more…….

Hess963
    Participant

Seriously Ann–I have not heard such similar dish in Southeast Asia or East Asia ?? I know about such insect foodies in Thailand, especially Isaan Province.

boxingclever

I still cant believe this all started off about a poisonous spider and we find ourselves at Bulls Testicles a couple of days later ! I love this website !

Hess963
    Participant

I think most of the commuters taking domestic flights in Britain are more interested in what kind of food service( if there is any on board !) or choice–especially substantial ones !! rather than thinking of being biten by a poisonous or non poisonous creature.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 162 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls