Singapore Airlines new website

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 295 total)

• cbroo79
    Participant

LPPS – your comments on the decline and culture at SIA are spot on. Disappointing to see, how an airline I used to prefer now has become an airline I only use if I have to.

CXDiamond
    Participant

LPPS 13.32 Agree totally. SIA need to reinvent themselves and start listening to customers. That they are struggling in the current climate in Asia says much is wrong. CX are growing – new products, good services and they listen. They have really stolen the lead on SIA in the last two to three years and I don’t see SIA doing anything to get it back.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

It’s been almost a year since this thread was first started. Is the SIA website not now “old”?

RichHI1
    Participant

New First?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Touché

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

It’s a fine example of how SIA don’t listen to their customers and know best.

At least there is a solution in sight with the migration of the booking engine to Amadeus which is supposed to happen next month.

New Club World – surely that’s club world by now and the original version, well perhaps that should be christened Vintage Club World 😉

KF-Gold
    Participant

Today marks the First anniversary of the problems-filled SIA website. In a recent article by the Singapore Straits Times (May 18), the CEO Mr Goh was quoted as saying “This is a great airline. It’s always hard to improve on things that are already acknowledged by many as the best,” when asked about the increasing complaints on website problems faced by frequent travelers.

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

I’ve just had an email telling me that there will be some down time on the website later to day for ‘scheduled maintenance’ and hoping I am not inconvenienced! Given that I haven’t used it in many months, I won’t be but the migration of the booking system must be getting close. Here’s hoping!

VintageKrug
    Participant

It’s pretty appalling that these issues still persist.

cbroo79
    Participant

@KF:
    Thank you for this quote! The arrogancy of Sq could not have been captured and displayed any better. In Northern Germany the saying is that ” fish stinks from the head first”, I guess this is true for SQ too. Why are we surprised when the staff, systems and lately the product in general is not at par anymore, when Mr. Goh thinks that they are the best?!

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

Good accidental faux pas Cbroo – methinks you meant “fish StiNks” though fish sticks works maybe 😉

cbroo79
    Participant

oops…. is corrected, however, the fact remains the same….

KF-Gold
    Participant

the “new” website has been down yesterday and today again ……

aviationfan
    Participant

Another attempt at booking a SQ flight online and another failed attempt at managing to proceed with the booking. Instead I’ve just purchased ANOTHER flight with Emirates for the 3rd time in a year. Onboard service isn’t as great, but the products are as good, IFE is slightly better, they give a much bigger baggage allowance and they are cheaper than SQ’s inflated pricing, in addition to rewarding loyal customers with the odd upgrade. I think I will permanently switch my allegiance to EK.

It is OVER ONE YEAR since this website was introduced. This has to be a massive fail for SQ. They have reported their first quarterly loss since 2009 when the recession was announced and all airlines went into freefall, surely the faulty website isn’t helping matters. BUT all the time SQ received awards for ‘best airline’ they will continue with their arrogance instead of listening to loyal customers.

(http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/09/singaporeairlines-idUSL4E8G7C9E20120509)

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

The long awaited upgrade of the booking system – hopefully so that it will work in future is due to take place on 7th July commencing at 18.00 Singapore time. It is expected to take 24 hours.

Presumably the people who built the current system have at last been fired and been hired by RBS.

There’s more here:

http://singaporeair.com/pdf/media-centre/pbss/faq-customers-en.pdf

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 295 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls