Singapore Airlines new website

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 295 total)

• petersham
    Participant

It appears that their email service is also down. I never had any reply to my 5 emails addressed to: <a href="mailto:[email protected]“>[email protected]
    They are very arrogant when customers complain. If there is a compliment they are happy to accept. Not only the poor web service, even the direct Customer service has dropped so badly in SIA. SIA is worse than the budget airlines now. They do NOT care for their customers or even krisflyer members! Yes, some Indian outsourced company answers calls and they have no power to do any change even though they answer courteously.

engellina
    Participant

!!petersham!! in this present time customer service is a most important sector in the world.i want to some others information about customer service from you.
    Singapore Web Design Company

petersham
    Participant

Hi engellina
    Why don’t you give your helping hand to SIA?
    Design their web site to work so that we do not need to call or email them.
    Singapore is excellent in IT and why can’t SIA use a local company? Your web site looks great!
    SIA web site is shit and their customer service is worse.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

LPPS: Thanks for the heads up on the move to Amadeus, I have heard it from two other sources aswell so definitely avoid bookings for travel from mid-May onwards on the website if it will let you.

I’ve just tried making a booking for LHR-SGN in about three weeks and been unable to pay. TG have come to the rescue yet again.

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

I understand that SIA will now definitely move to Amadeus in June (thank goodness).

All I said before about the migration process and avoiding booking on line before then – if you can, still stands so for once I would suggest you use a travel agent if you want to book at present for travel from July onwards.

KF-Gold
    Participant

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-04-26/singapore-girl-s-charms-fade-as-airline-battle-heats-up.html

Singapore Girl’s Charms Fade as Airline Battle Heats Up

it is made worse by the non-performing website which the airline pretends does not exist. arrogance and pride come before the final fatal fall

LeTigre
    Participant

SIA are a formidable, if arrogant airline. They certainly aren’t failing and their economic performance purely reflects the changing marketplace with increased competition and high fuel prices. However, while their service standards have indeed deteriorated, the highs were at the very top of the industry and still have a long way to fall to meet European major airlines.

In my view, they cover all market sectors well, ie.:

-Long-haul/Mid-haul full service (SIA Mainline)
    -Long-haul/Mid-haul low cost (Scoot)
    -Short-haul/Regional full service, hybrid (SilkAir)
    -Short-haul/Regional low cost (Tiger)

It is clear that they have a strong base to build from, so the following improvements are necessary:
    -Service enhancements, not product, in all classes to generate good PR (Catering/Entertainment/Care usually suffices, a la VS)
    -Refocus on developing rather than developed markets (More China, India, Vietnam, Cambodia, Burma, South America, Africa)
    -New marketing campaign moving on from the Singapore Girl, perhaps focusing on a clever tag-line with promotion of their excellent biz product, promotion
    -New bases- Singapore has an extremely limited population, so a new base is needed for regional flights, closer to China, like SilkAir Taiwan, etc.

SIA could do so much better, they just need to stop being so boastful!

FrequentPR
    Participant

petersham, most individuals I talk to find Filipinas to be usually incredibly pleasant. manila is now the world’s leading call centre homje: a key reason is that Filipinos and Filipinas alike have a great telephone manner and usually friendly disposition. I’m sorry if you had the opposite experience.

regarding SIA’s website, it is now shocking. It’s hard to search for flights: I don’t like the way you select the dates at all.

I’m sure this has led to potential flyers giving up and searching other more user friendly sites such as Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific and (to a slightly lesser extent) Cathay Pacific.

In changing its website, SQ committed a huge mistake.

LeTigre
    Participant

I do agree that SIA’s website is frustrating, but what I take issue with on this forum at present is the campaign to make them look bad that has extended to reviews and comments. It does strike me as a bit strange that various members are obsessed with comparing them with Lufthansa. In reality SIA outdo LH in all classes, when comparing like-for-like aircraft, even with their inconsistency (like A380 New LH First vs Suites). I have flown SIA on several occasions and have had a pleasant experience on all flights, and plus, if you fly BA, you’re used to snooty cabin crew!

Inquisitive
    Participant

I recently bought tickets online for my family and extended family from SQ website. Did not face any problem at all. In addition, I bought award ticket that also went smootly. The only issue I noted that confirmation ticket does not say “ok”. However a quick call to PPS club hotline clarified the matter. (although I recently lost PPS status, but the people at SQ still assisted).

Inquisitive
    Participant

I recently bought tickets online for my family and extended family from SQ website. Did not face any problem at all. In addition, I bought award ticket that also went smootly. The only issue I noted that confirmation ticket does not say “ok”. However a quick call to PPS club hotline clarified the matter. (although I recently lost PPS status, but the people at SQ still assisted).

petersham
    Participant

I have removed my comments on the ground staff at check in because SIA Customer Affairs Manager has replied, explained and apologised for the incident.

The cabin crew are still providing a good service & hence, I have forgotten this boarding gate incident.

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

SIA are definitely losing ground and I think there are several reasons for that.

They now class services to Australia as regional. In terms of distance that is the same as LHR-JFK, is that a regional service? The products on the routes are inconsistent and you don’t know what you are getting and there are regular aircraft changes. Given that the kangaroo route was one of SIA’s big winners and now they are losing out to the Gulf carriers, they do themselves no favours by offering a downgraded service on part of the route.

The products are also inconsistent on many routes, F on the A380 is very different to the 77W, C must be around in at least four varieties especially on the 772s many of which are showing their age. You can be confident of the product if it is an A380 or A330, if it’s a 777 it’s pot luck.

Service standards have fallen in F & C by quite a large margin over recent years. The majority of the Skytrax five star rating is the result of Y class reviews. SIA are possibly better in Y than the competition and that bolsters their position quite significantly.

Corporate arrogance needs to be curtailed in favour of a listening culture. The cuts in service over the last six to ten years have been signifcant, coupled with not listening to passengers at all during that time things have gone bad. It’s not like they are even remotely interested, you are told in no uncertain terms that they know best and they aren’t interested in your views.

They need something new and innovative to catch attention. The products that are their stars are now five plus years old. That’s not new anymore but there is no sense of anything coming along which is going to capture imagination.

Until something changes, I see them continuing to lose ground, sad but a reality. Still, it makes booking easy!

AMcWhirter
    Participant

LPPS – if you check the mileage in the OAG you’ll find that SIN-SYD/MEL is actually slightly farther than LHR-NYC.

It is strange that SIA downgraded its SIN-Australia services to “regional” a few years back. Maybe the idea was that t could get away with offering product grades (depending on the plane type) ?

Or perhaps it was to do with yield. After all, the cost of a ticket from Europe to SIN is not a lot less than Europe-Australia when the extra distance (from SIN Australia) is taken into consideration.

I also wonder if SIA, having lost DownUnder traffic to the Gulf carriers, is now looking at tapping the fast-growing market between Australia and mainland China.

Check SIA’s schedules out of SYD or MEL and you will find good connections over SIN for the likes of Beijing/Shanghai and so on. By comparison, if flying ex-SYD to Europe there is only one flight (the teatime departure) which connects over SIN (for Europe).

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

LondonCity: SIA fares to Australia are consistent with those of other carriers and about 10% more. The days of them being a bucket shop carrier to Aus are long gone. Y is full, it’s in F & C there are spaces and that’s because they no longer offer value for money.

The schedules out of Aus have been as they are for years, only the late afternoon flights can connect quickly to European departures and every carrier has the same problems. I prefer the late night departures which leave from everywhere except SYD because of traffic restrictions. They connect to the 09.00 departure from SIN which gets in to London mid afternoon. There’s a slightly longer stopover but I don’t mind that.

The connections to Asia have always been excellent but then that should not be a surprise!

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 295 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls