Obnoxious kids in Business Class

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 385 total)

• craigwatson
    Participant

When will people learn… its PUBLIC TRANSPORT. If you want to ensure a peaceful flight.. charter a jet, otherwise take your chances

michal1027
    Participant

I agree….it is a messy matter to get involved with either the crew or passengers with parents of naughty children…..As I mentioned above….go to the Purser….suggest that he or she chat with the Captain….and to put on the seat belt sign…..The little rats have no choice but to buckle up…..AND in most cases they will fall asleep…..
    cheers to all
    M

RichHI1
    Participant

Maybe even there is a safety argument to say that small children should be secured by safety belt and adaptor seat if required at all times. They are less experienced and smaller and less able to brace themselves in the event of turbulence.We accept rules in cars so why not planes.
    Have to say though I have been fortunate and can count on one hand the bad experiecnes I have had. It may be the destinations I normally use but generally I find parents do a good job.

craigwatson
    Participant

Sorry Rich, but i think that idea would lead to even worse behaved children. Imagine how you would feel not being able to stretch your legs on a 10-14 hour flight.

“We accept rules in cars so why not planes”, yes but in cars adults need to wear seatbelts at all times as well, so thats fine as long as it applies to everyone.

Im sorry but some people are just anti children. If they even hear a child speak at a NORMAL volume the child is screaming. there are some who still hold to the notion that children should be seen but not heard. I would much rather hear kids chatting playing and laughing than i would hearing a so called professional chatting on his phone, or chatting to his make in the next seat about how great he is.

RichHI1
    Participant

Craig, as posted this has not been a problem to me. I feel everyone should behave on planes so they do not incovenience others irrespective of age, sex, creed or race.
    Everyone needs to stretch on long flight and visit the bathroom however during the flight I think all passengers should be seated wearing their belts in case of CAT or any other form of unexpected turbulence.
    I guess this explains why I find flying first on Japanese carriers nirvana as everyone is very well behaved.

craigwatson
    Participant

sorry I didnt mean to imply that you were that type of person RichHI.

And I prefer to be the one standing at the bar with a drink! (if there is a bar onboard)

RichHI1
    Participant

Guess I am lazy Craig, I like them to bring the drink to me…… One draw back of modern cabin layouts is windows seats no longer have a passenger next to you to talk to….
    Question for you, should kids be at the bar in an airplane as it is outside UK licensing legislation should kids be served alcohol at the bar on planes? One way to make them sleep 😉

craigwatson
    Participant

no kids at the bar, and absolutely not serving to kids!!!

craigwatson
    Participant

heres an idea, how about certain aircraft remove the last few rows of seats in economy, put in a sound proofed play room with toys and padded walls in case of turbulence, and charge parents onboard for access for their kids.. i know i would pay it for my kids, just to keep them entertained. Afew planes so equipped and utilized on family friendly routes (orlando anyone!)

RichHI1
    Participant

You sir are a genius. Only alteration, put a camera on one channel on IFE then you could keep an eye on them without having to leave the bar.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Some airlines offer skynannies.

samburumags
    Participant

OK so you have done the kids and the adults but what about noisy crew in the middle of the night having a jolly in the galley!!

JohnnyEnglish
    Participant

Just heard from a colleague of mine that on a flight last week between Vienna-LHR, a baby was making noise in biz and Austrian cabin staff asked the father and child to relocate to economy.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Just had 2 horrendous legs on Singapore.

First, a totally obnoxious Aussie who insisted on smelling as badly as he could, drinking as much as he could and “rocking” his seat as much as he could.

Second, two out of control children, whose handlers had not been trained in the art of parenting.

Perhaps the airlines should run some classes on cabin etiquette and parenting skills!

After all, when was the last time you saw a badly behaved child or teenager (i.e. travelling alone without a handler!!). I cant recall any posts relating to unaccompanied minors.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

You lot can be so cruel 🙁 dont forget you were a child once too!!! :p It cant be easy for a child to sit still and quiet for a whole flight. I take it non of you lot have kids?? I find adults the worse they can be so rude and ignorant to not only the crew but the passengers. I love flying with children especially babies and toddlers i some times offer to help the mother and read the child a story make the time go so quickly…there is nothing more comforting than a baby in arms close to me. AWW.. this talk of kids is making me broody..i cant wait to have kids 😉 xx

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 385 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls