Obnoxious kids in Business Class

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 385 total)

• RichHI1
    Participant

The tone of some of these posts irritates me. I have no problem with Children or infants in any cabin. I have a major problem with people inconveniencing or annoying others whether they are adult, child or baby.

Every one is entitled to bring their children onto a plane in any class they choose. That entitlement does not mean they have the right to cause annoyance nor shoudl any other passenger.

WHen I was young and taken on planes, it was made very clear if I misbehaved I would not come again. And we are not just talking about screaming, shouting, kicking seats. Most parents I encounter on planes do a sterling job of controlling their children and a few lousy parents who do not care give the rest a bad name. My one prohibition is young babies who cannot control the pressure differencein their ears and suffer pain and fear. I would impose a ban on very young babies flying, much as Mothers to be near term are banned without medical certification,

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

When I was a child the message from parents was the same as Rich, behave or be left behind and I always behaved.

I adopted a different approach which was the privilege had to be worked for and earned so while Mrs LPPS and I travelled in F or C, nanny and kids always travelled in Y. Mean maybe but nowadays they can all afford to travel in F & C off their own bat and sometimes they pay for us too.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Dear oh dear.

More aggressive posters are joining the Forum. WesternImperialist for example.

As far as what has been posted in concerned, I agree with most of it.

As for Becky, the more (s)he posts, the less credible her persona becomes. One day it’s “yoof speak” (with carefully mis-spelt words and poor punctuation); next time, all of that has gone. One minute it’s all about budget travel, next minute it’s about Premium cabins and Four Seasons. Not bad for an (alleged) PA.

Whilst I am now darned sure she is not VK, I’m also darned sure (s)he is not who or what (s)he makes out to be.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Dear Simon

If BeckyBoop turned out to be a computer with the ability to think and write, would it matter?

You would probably increase processing power and add RAM then eventually turn it in order a new model.

Who ever / whatever BB is, she’s fun and this is cyberspace, where it really doesn’t matter

Martyn

ps – if we ever do meet BB I promise to buy you a drink or a new hard drive, whatever is more appropriate. I will also unreservedly apologize if offence has been taken – you sound fun and I am sure you will take this post in the spirit it is intended.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Dear Mr Rowberry,

Further to your post earlier today at 29/02/2012 16:12 GMT. It may interest you to know that I am actually trying exceptionally hard to improve my posts so they look and sound more professional. So if I have time I will type them in Word and correct the necessary grammar and punctuation before posting them online.

It may interest you to know when I am on travelling on business all my expenses (transport, meals and accommodation) are taken care of by my employer. When I travel for personal reasons such as annual leave, my budgets have much more financial constraints.

My job is a PA and it’s true that I do post a lot on this forum. My work does not just limit me to a regular 9 to 5 Monday to Friday. I do work quite considerably out of hours and even on weekends.

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding or unanswered questions that you may have about me.

Yours sincerely,

Rebecca.

RichHI1
    Participant

I think BB would prefer new heels (red ones) based on posts. I think you can get Heels for Windows not sure for Mac …

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Dear Martyn,

I prefer to think I’m dealing with real people who have some integrity in this forum and I respect many of the posters.

I do not however respect someone who changes opinions minute by minute, contributes little knowledge and has something to say about everything. It just lowers the value of the offering.

I’m sure we will have to agree to differ.

Henkel.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Dear Henkel

You are an intelligent individual. This is cyberspace, where one needs to manage expectations and relationships.

Without a personal relationship, the only “integrity” is in the post.

I think it would fun to create a new thread asking the regulars to describe how they imagine each other to be (on second thoughts, may be not).

Have a great rest of the day Henkel – life is good

Regards

Martyn

SimonRowberry
    Participant

No mate – I couldn’t care less if she is a PA. It’s about people being what they say you are.

And what you are is someone who has brought this Forum to a new level of abuse. Well done.

RichHI1
    Participant

BT well done for deleting the abusive post.

Apologies if any posts now appear out of context on this thread – a poster has just been banned and all his/her posts deleted for extremely offensive language.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Well done.

Simon

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Shame I missed the excitement! I was busy walking with elephants today. An amazing experience!

Hasn’t this thread now been flogged to death. If you’re looking to make some more space on your servers BT, may I politely suggest this thread is a candidate for removal???

MartynSinclair
    Participant

LP – walking with the elephants is somehting I have been trying to do for ages, some good places in Thailand I believe.

I would love to read about it and see the pics.

Just to ensure there is no thread drift, were there any obnoxious baby elephants and how were they controlled by the adult elephants.

There should be a thread for interesting experiences. Hope you are able to post an elephant report and show some pics.

After all it is a form of transport still in some parts of the world.

RichHI1
    Participant

You did not miss much LP. You know the large round things that the elephants leave periodically, well that is what we encountered here. Though probably of a loweer quality.
    Did some work with an elephant about 30 years ago and they are wonderful creatures. I envy you.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 385 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls