Obnoxious kids in Business Class

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 385 total)

• RichHI1
    Participant

As I posted, medication should be prescribed by a qualified practioner who will know what is suitable for the particular patient and condition.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

“Alprazolam is one of the most commonly prescribed and misused benzodiazepines in the United States”.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alprazolam

I doubt any sane Dr would pescribe 1mg of Xanax to calm a child before a flight.

I have rethought the strength of my response but feel it will probably be safer to not publish it.

1mg of Xanax to a child, alarming to say the least.

Binman62
    Participant

I fear this is no longer about naughty children and more about child abuse. Such medication for a for a child is wholly disproportionate and probably illegal in the truest sense.

The idea that we should also discriminate against the disabled in order to have a better flightis is simply repugnant to me.

michal1027
    Participant

Binmann62 and Martyn…..Let’s get one thing straight…I did not give a child the 1/2 of 1mg of xanax……It is not my child…….I only passed along the information……I do not have children and never have had children….What another individual does with their child is their business…and I respect that………. and with this response I wish everyone the best of days

cheers

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Aww bless Rich, thanks for your kind words hun :o) xx my aunt is doing alot better these days she gets help and support from family and friends. I also baby sit for her from time to time to give her a break :o) xxx

TiredOldHack
    Participant

Thinks….

Surely it’s possible to adapt the tech used in those excellent Bose sound-deadening headphones to filter out a screaming child?

In fact, there’s a market here. Filter out snoring, laughing and (soon), “YES, I’M ON A PLANE! NO, THE SERVICE IS CRAP…” high-octane phone calls.

RichHI1
    Participant

I wear my Bose Nc’s sometimes even without being plugged into anything just to do this. Worksvery well – i call them my Bratbusters..

Charles-P
    Participant

As a child I understand my mother would add a few drops of brandy to my milk before our regular flights from Rhodesia to the UK to encourage sleep. I have no idea if this was harmful or not but I’m sure it would not be allowed today.

TiredOldHack
    Participant

Wasn’t the original gripe water found to be something like 50% ABV?

Charles-P
    Participant

I though that was an urban myth like Cocaine in Coca Cola ? I shall have to check Snopes

TiredOldHack
    Participant

You’re right, it seems. 3.6% ABV, says Wiki. Shame.

Binman62
    Participant

Looks like the hotel industry, albeit the top end to begin with is waking up to the needs of kids and their parents. The article is interesting in that the rationale for what they are doing is clearly profit not just from families with kids but also from the other guests.

Whilst these are not the type of hotels to which I would take my children, I have long argued that the main problem parents encounter when travelling with kids is the lack of facilities on board aircraft. No cutlery, headphones or other items designed specifically for them and crew who often see them as an irritant, particularly in premium cabins.

Airlines really should look at what is being done by these two top end hotels and should in my view be benchmarking their service with them. Children are a lucrative market and have a lifetime of spending ahead of them.

Airlines….time to wake up and smell the babychino…….

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14842745

Perhaps would have helped if I had posted this earlier

LindsayW
    Participant

Ah, this hoary old chestnut is getting another run 😉

Arranging our flights to USA (JFK, SEA, GEG and LAX) in a couple of weeks – J and F with any luck.

Should be fun to see done of the faces again when we board with our 2 and 5 year olds in tow and position ourselves in the premium cabins.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Four Seasons Hotels are very good when it comes to looking after children any where from food to amenity kits in the rooms to activites in the hotels during holiday times.

Binman dont the airlines have amenity kits for children with crayons, colouring books, small toy, cards and badges anymore?

Lindsay hun dont worry about taking your kids in to a J or F cabin just because others wont approve, they have just as much right to be there as any other pax flying in the cabin 🙂 xx

LindsayW
    Participant

BeckyBoop, certainly not worried at all, took them in May 2011 to HKG, England & Europe in J & F without too many issues (as reported here in this thread). We found that whilst all the airlines (CX, QF and BA) supplied kids packs, nothing was better than s personal DVD player (for our then 4 y.o.) and toys (for our then 18 month old).

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 385 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls