Obnoxious kids in Business Class

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 385 total)

• JJ51435
    Participant

Weren’ t business and first classes designed to be child-free?!? If children, especially misbehaved children (and how can one qualify that before boarding?) are allowed in premium cabins, then the only solution left for adults who want calm flying “experience” is to fly on private aircraft, at a cost.

Hess963
    Participant

That is right JJ–if an adult wants his peace without any child on board the premium cabin–a private jet is the solution. But if you can’t afford it, well–he/she has to cope with us mundanes ! I don’t think any sensible airline will ban children in general from F and C cabins–that will be…( I let anyone to finish it on his/her own..)

Binman62
    Participant

JJ51435……..”Weren’t business and first classes designed……”

No, they were designed to provide more space, more comfort and generate profits for airlines. Being child free does not gurantee a calm experience…..
    As stated repeatedly in this forum, children are children, but it is adults who cause the greatest problems including air rage. Flying, no matter the class is public transport and that means we traval with our fellow human beings with all the associated issues that may or may not create. If you cannot deal with that, then indeed get a private plane and let the rest us get on with our lives.

Hess 963 agree entirely……

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Binman and Hess
    Yet again I agree with everything you have said.
    Simon

blinik22
    Participant

I really hate it when parents travel with their babies! Its really annoying! I think airline lounges should split their lounge into First Class, I Business Class and Family Lounge (where the parents and kids can all stay together and scream all they want). I feel shortchanged whenever I have to patiently seat in a lounge with screaming kids or kids running around the lounge and their parents don’t seem to be embarrassed at all and ask their kids to behave. I had to endure a 9 hour flight before with a screaming baby and that was in the business class.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Arlene

My heart bleeds for you. Get real. This thread should be called ‘Obnoxious Adults and Irresponsible Parents in Business Class’ as it’s the adults not the kids who are the problem.

Just checked out of the Istanbul Hilton. On two occasions when I was doing business with the Concierge, people came and impatiently looked over my shoulder and, on one occasion, sat in the chair next to me and actually scrutinised my bill. I know it’s not on a plane but it is highly obnoxious behaviour. And from adults.

Simon

Hess963
    Participant

I definitely second you here Simon ! If those adults want their peace–then they should fly in a private plane or just cope with it and stop moaning here. It is definitely the adults here who are the dreadful ones than the children. So sad…

bombayteddy
    Participant

The adults are “dreadful” because they cant control their children….if they have taken the trouble to bring them up properly in the first place. There was a time when children in restaurants, hotels and airplanes were TAUGHT to behave with consideration towards others; and not become a nuisance. That was probably because their parents knew the difference….and the value of it. Nowadays, most adults dont; so how can one expect their children to be any better?

VintageKrug
    Participant

This thread is turning into a Statler & Waldorf sketch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGfx3QAV64M

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Its really irrelevant whether one is disucssing a seat in First, buisness or economy class, it could be in a theatre, a cinema or an art gallery. Screaming kids as well as obnoxious adults should ejected. Its called common decency and consideration. Its a way of life that iwas taught by my parents and i have passed this down the generation to my children. It should work both ways. Passengers and crew should smile more. its amazing the different reaction you get from demanding a drink to politely asking for a drink – it works both ways. Lecture over!

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Nice one, VK!

TominScotland
    Participant

Whatever the rights and wrongs of children and their behaviour on aircraft, its usually instructive to watch how cabin crew handle and interact with the youngest generation of flyers. Airlines with a balanced demographic of cabin crew, such as BA, KL, LH as well as SQ and CX generally cope well and look comfortable and professional in this role. I laugh, though, when i see the “beautiful young things” who make up the majority of cabin crew on EK, struggling with their child interaction responsibilities, often taking little interest in, particularly, babies and not knowing what to say/ do when relating to slightly older travellers.

Have airlines ever been rated on the child-friendliness of the services?

NTarrant
    Participant

Loosely related to your comments Tom, I travelled LGW-JER yesterday on BA in Club, sitting next to me was a lady with a four month old baby on lap. During the flight she asked the crew if they could get some assistance in JER to help her with having to carry the baby and two items of small luggage.

The crew were very apologetic but said that they have no control over the ground staff and that the only assistance they can summons is a wheelchair, which of course was not what she wanted. The offered to help her down the steps. All she needed was a trolley at the steps which she could push to the baggage claim area.

In the end myself and another passenger each carried and item to the baggage claim area for her. It is such a shame that a basic bit of customer assistance can’t be given. If it is possible to summons a wheelchair why not a trolley?

fitbusinesstrip
    Participant

I’m sure, like most things these days, somehow it comes back to health and safety! It seems that common sense and quick thinking are often discouraged, and therefore lacking in the service industry as a result.

Petericia
    Participant

Some times this kind of behavior annoyed a lot ans specially when you are in business trip .

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 385 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls