iPad: What Do You Think?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 92 total)

• HonestLogic
    Participant

Did anyone read that driatribe? not me!! As usual… MartynSinclair what a waste of post space! Can you please post something relevant to the iPad?

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

HonestLogic,

as per your suggestion I did indeed go away and read all the relevant posts on the different threads which took quite some time as there were many of them. I was unable to find a single post where Martyn attacked you in a personal way that you attacked him. It is interesting to see that you have deleted those posts, without having the decency to apologise for them. Is it so difficult to apologise for those inappropriate posts? you must have agreed with my comments about their suitability as you or BT removed them.

I did find many negative comments(which you seem to read as personal attacks) from Martyn about the product so i went away to look at the links which seemed to confirm what Martyn was saying to be true unless you are also disputing the accuracy of the information in those links.

I am a regular contributor to this forum and have often posted comments about services I have not used be they good or bad if I believe that the information is likely to be of use to my fellow posters. I will say clearly in my post that I have not used the service but this is what I have been told or seen. i then leave others to make up their minds. Does that then make me a liar or waste of poster space too?

You love SwissDisc as a product, Martyn has not used it and does not believe it is for him or his company. He has given reasons why backed up by information he has found in the public domain and you do not like that and for some reason have taken it personally.

Martyn’s opinion on this thread is just as valid as yours and his opinion does not make him a liar, jealous or have skeletons in his closet. Once again you find it necessary to attack him personally! Why?In doing so you simply destroy your own credibility.

I do not know Martyn other than on this forum, he and I have had a number of robust discussions on various threads where our opinions may be polar opposites but neither of us have ever resorted to the type of personal attacks that you have posted, then deleted. A number of his posts like those of others have ben very useful and have saved me money or helped my business travel be a more pleasant experience. Once again you make a sweeping statement about a fellow poster that is completely inaccurate. Why?

So HonestLogic, it would seem that on this occassion you and Martyn have to agree to differ but please stop the personal attacks on him or any other poster.

Safe travels everyone,

Jonathan

HonestLogic
    Participant

You see everyone Jonathan is a man with character, class and tact… he (unlike MartynSinclair who posts lies!) might not agree with another post. So he may state and debate the reasons and move on. As it should be.

However I seriously doubt a gentleman of Jonathan’s nature would stoop so low as to respond to another post (for example SimonRowberry’s post supporting MobileMe and Apple’s various products) by posting old negative press reports on multiple threads in this forum. I’ve never said the link was invalid. It’s just not relevant and it’s in poor taste.

My post that an iPad user could benefit from using SwissDisk is very relevant. Both the iPad and SwissDisk represent quality and reliability.

Another example of MartynSinclair’s personal negative mission… he responded to me that he… “had no intention of discrediting SwissDisk”…. yet on the Online vs Offline thread, there had been no mention of SwissDisk… I hadn’t even posted a response to him looking for validation… yet what does he do? Out of the blue he posts junk and trys to trash SwissDisk! How is/was this beneficial to that thread and how does it help anyone? Does he think people don’t know how to use a search engine?

Perhaps MartynSinclair should subscribe to the Joke of the Day?! Note, there is a cute app for the iPad/iPhone for this… helpful because laughing is healthy. :o) Now, moving along….

MatrynSinclair made it ‘personal’ by crossing lines that normal posters don’t cross. For example, ChesterSimons put up some great posts and in at least one of them he stated that he doesn’t generally believe in online storage either. Fine, a good post, but he doesn’t try dig up nonsense and post lies, but MaytynSinclair does.

Futher, if you read my responses to MartynSinclair in the thread Staying in Touch… I was very cordial… he just can’t stop bashing me about my choice of SwissDisk… is he bi-polar or what?

So Jonathan, you may not consider MartynSinclair’s actions relating to my posts as ‘personal’, but I do. I found at least two other references to other online storage systems here, besides MobileMe. OK, but…

Side note (as I am trying to stay relevant here) there is an another nice app… notebooksapp.com that can be used to securely save notes in the field, in a meeting, etc.

MartynSinclair hasn’t bothered to respond to these posts with his shallow opinion that, “online strorage can’t be trusted”. Why not?

I’ll tell you why not, because MartynSinclair has decided to go on a PERSONAL mission to discredit MY posts. He’s now gone so far as to post lies, calling SwissDisk a “scam”. Right! Utter PERSONAL DRIBBLE. Proving that MARTYNSINCLAIR IS A JOKE and can’t be trusted.

Martynsinclair is like a child seeking validation, opening threads on BT about Online vs Offline storage… PLEASE! Like this is the place for that? Posting random irrelevant comments, i.e. “64GB” backup in this thread… and on… and on…

I’m certainly glad that the rest of the Gentlemen here, and some of them have disagreed with me, don’t act like he does.

MartynSinclair has moments of lucidity but generally he’s proven, and I will continue to point out, that nobody can trust him or take his demented rambling with anything but a grain of salt.

Has he posted one thing on this thread that would be useful to someone looking for an iPad? No. Why does he continue to post here? Besides his personal vendetta against me, I can’t think of a reason why.

You chastise me for telling the truth about him but in his crowning moment… MartynSinclair posting lies… totally unaccpetable behavior on any forum, at least in my opinion, what do you say to his lies? (calling SD a scam)

HonestLogic
    Participant

By the way… I like the BT forum feature that allows me to delete my misguided comments to Gentlemen such as BB and Oz… they didn’t deserve any backlash. Who needs to read that? I removed those posts because I felt they had no place here. Reading a clean forum thread is much more enjoyable, in my opinion more people should delete some of their comments. Whatever the case there…. I won’t sit back and take the nonsense and lies propogated by MartynSinclair.

HonestLogic
    Participant

as reported today… even Apple and AT&T have problems… http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ATT-network-glitch-limits-apf-1326034403.html?x=0

so… should I advise you not to use the iPad, iPhone or AT&T because of this? I don’t think so… and this is current news!

All I’m saying is that MartynSinclair took it too far, posting historical links that have no pertinence to today or to the quality of the service.

How do his multiple negative postings prove, any more than this negative press does, anything? He doesn’t like the iPad, enough said MartySinclair, you posted it, you don’t like SwissDisk, you posted it, ONCE IS ENOUGH!

What? People shouldn’t use the iPad, AT&T or SwissDisk because you don’t approve… you disrespect my posts by trying to drill it into peoples heads!

SimonRowberry
    Participant

To quote Victor Meldrew “I don’t beleeeve it!”

I came on here in the hope of an interesting debate on the merits of the iPad, where I could read of others’ experiences. However, what do I find?

Honest Logic bleating away about bloody SWISSDISK yet again and having ago at legitimate posters who are not on here for commercial reasons.

NB To TOM OTLEY – HonestLogic is disrupting genuine threads for personal commercial gain and this should be stopped. I said elsewhere that he had corrupted at least two threads; I now find that it is at least three. This is past a joke.

HonestLogic
    Participant

Simon… fair is fair… I’ve repeatedly stated that if MartynSinclair deletes his nonsense and negative link posts then I will gladly reciporcate and remove all the nonsense posts that I have felt compelled to make.

I have clearly demonstrated, by my previous deletions, that I will honor my word in this regard. Martyn however has posted that he refuses.

Why is it OK for Martyn to post the lie that SwissDisk is a ‘scam’ and yet you say nothing to him? SwissDisk has never been associated in any way, with any type of ‘scam’. So… how is this proper decorum?

Last, if the Gentlemen at BT wish me to stop posting I will….

SimonRowberry
    Participant

To quote Basil Fawlty:

“you started it.”

Look back at this thread and see who first used the words “Swissdisk”…..was it Mr Sinclair….hmmm…no, it was some bloke using the pseudonym HonestLogic. Hmmm…..is that like “Honest John the Used Car Salesman” one wonders. A bit like the use of the word “Democratic” in “German Democratic Republic” possibly?

To requote the great Basil, as the above analysis demonstrates, yes indeed, “You started it.”

BABenji
    Participant

SimonRowberry, you’ve cheered up this German on a night when all hope was lost. Marvelous post! 🙂

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Benji – sorry, mate about the footy. My wife’s Dutch so I’m somewhat relieved that I’ve had my World Cup fallback position! Don’t be too disheartened – with a team like yours, Germany will be a real force at the Euros in two years’ time.

Cheers, Simon

PS HL will; now accuse me of having coffee with you too….

HonestLogic
    Participant

read the posts people… I started it by posting a comment about a service that can be utilized to the benefit of iPad users… EOS

BABenji
    Participant

As long as that’s all we’re accused of…

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Chaps – I noted my earlier comment about the iPad not offering multi-tasking. Is that still the case?

The reason I ask is that the new OS4 for iPhone does do multitasking (after a fashion). However, it doesn’t half b*gger the battery life, as I found out since I upgraded the software on my 3GS to OS4.

Simon

HonestLogic
    Participant

*** WARNING TO ALL WHO FOLLOW *** do not post any helpful tips on apps or services here… you are not welcome!!

please keep the subject matter to EU footbol, iPad slams, and finding a suitable way to backup your OS/64Gb drive… the sterile forum will welcome you!

Jonathan, laughter is the best medicine, take care of yourself
    Chester, thank you for being a Gentleman and some great posts
    thespecialone, best regards for your advice and commentary

the rest of you… please enjoy the games, coffee/tea and a biscuit while you wait for your next Business Traveller flight, thankfully the world is round so none of you will fall off even given your overweighted bags of hard drives, memory sticks, etc… happy trails! THENDONE

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

BABenji,

I agree with simon regarding your boys for the Euros in two years. I have every sympathy with you but please bare a thought for a poor Scotsman whose team have no chance of qualifying for anything in the near future.

Simon my dear friend, the future is bright and hopefully on sunday it will be Orange.

That by the way was not an attempt at Product placement.

I really should go to bed now before i write any more rubbish on this forum today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers,

JC

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 92 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls