BT ForumBack to Forum
I am intrigued by the lack of activity over the past couple of days on the Forum. Is this anything to do, perchance, with the presentational and access changes made to BT online? Might be me but I find them very confusing….26 Sep 2017
I’m pleased to be able to report that sometime very soon (this week, possibly) we will have a new design for the website and a new design for the forum.
I hope there will be no change to your log in procedure.
I also hope that the website will be much quicker to load, and easier to use on mobile devices.
I also believe there will be no down time, but simply a gradual rolling out of new page templates across the site.
Let’s see. Fingers crossed.
Tom26 Sep 2017
As you can tell (or soon will be able to) the new website is going live with a new design.
There are lots of things that need ironing out – ordering of topics, Home buttons so you can get back to where you need to go, consitency of how links open etc… but we will work through them.
Tom4 Oct 2017
A nice layout, but unless I’m missing something really simple, and I have been called simple in the past, I don’t seem to be able to find a one click button that returns me to the Forum homepage. I need to use the hamburger button first. Am I just being daft ?4 Oct 2017
Canucklad you are absolutely right there is no return to forum button, also a couple of other points..
1. Reply button does not work when replying to a post
2. The newest thread does not highlight at the top so can miss new threads or indeed threads that have been added too…
Other than this I also like the changes Tom…4 Oct 2017
Hi K1ngston – can you clarify what you mean when you say “Reply button does not work when replying to a post”?
It seemed to work for me okay, and I’m confused how you managed to reply, if the reply button didn’t work?
You’re right about the order of threads – it’s on the list of things to fix.
Thanks, Mark4 Oct 2017
Here’s what we have so far. Please add to it if you are able…
1. Posts in the wrong order of “freshness” on the home page of the forum https://www.businesstraveller.com/forum/
2. When adding a link into a post (either internal or external) the box that comes up to do so has no formatting.
3. The link also doesn’t work once the post has been published – just flicks you back to the same post page.
4. The links then open in the same browser – taking the user away from the site – should be internal links open in same browser, external links open in new browser (as on main site)
5. No “one-click” button to return to the home page of the forum.4 Oct 2017
So does embedding media posts
A post shared by Business Traveller- (@businesstravelleruk) on
— Cellars in the Sky (@CellarsBT) October 4, 2017
YouTube4 Oct 2017