Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 103 total)

• Tom Otley
    Keymaster

[quote quote=830812]Something new for the list:

Just tried to post and it said “ERROR – Are you sure you want to do that?”
    Not sure what it wanted me to check, but clicked again and it posted without problem.

[/quote]

Hello,

We’re trying to replicate this issue (but we can’t). Would it be possible to post a screen grab if it happens again?
    thank you
    Tom

capetonianm
    Participant

The internet is the worst thing that has happened to civilisation

Except when you don’t have it!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

[quote quote=830813]It clearly knows what you are like, Lugano Pirate ?

[/quote]

You’ve caught me out Travelworld! And the smiley did appear in the post but no worries as I knew it was said in humour.
    Enjoy the weekend wherever you may be. LP.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Hello,

We’re trying to replicate this issue (but we can’t). Would it be possible to post a screen grab if it happens again?
    thank you
    Tom

[/quote]

Will do Tom.

Oh. and the worst thing about the internet is email. hate it. much prefer whatsapp.

SimonS1
    Participant

As a suggestion – why don’t you just clear out all the clutter from the forum.

Looking on my mobile the view is marginally better than before, but still I have to scroll down through a whole page of clutter before getting even to the content.

Not sure who is advising BT on this, making it user friendly etc but I wouldn’t be in a rush to pay the bill.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

[quote quote=830823]We’re trying to replicate this issue (but we can’t). Would it be possible to post a screen grab if it happens again?
    thank you
    Tom[/quote]

[quote quote=830823]We’re trying to replicate this issue (but we can’t). Would it be possible to post a screen grab if it happens again?
    thank you
    Tom[/quote]

thank you
    Tom[/quote]

I tried it on the GPS thread but it didn’t replicate. Feel free to delete the posts as I can no longer do that.

Don’t know why your quote appeared three times?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Another bug – will ask for it to be fixed.

SimonS1

We’ll see what we can do about moving some of that stuff further down, although thepoint of some of it is to allow you to go straight to the end of the thread.

We should see about moving down the first two boxes (the grey ones) at the least.

thank you for the feedback.

SimonS1
    Participant

[quote quote=830869]Another bug – will ask for it to be fixed.

SimonS1

We’ll see what we can do about moving some of that stuff further down, although thepoint of some of it is to allow you to go straight to the end of the thread.

We should see about moving down the first two boxes (the grey ones) at the least.

thank you for the feedback.

[/quote]

But you could lose the 90% of it – the tags, the stuff about the number of replies/voices etc, subscribe, favourite, create topic (why would I need to create a topic in the middle of another thread?). Or move it all to the end.

Surely all you need to do is go to the next page, or create a reply, or go to end of thread?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

As most people will read through to the last post on each thread, would it be possible to have the “HOME” key/icon after the final thread post…

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

We will gradully have the site “Optimised” over the weekend and it will become quicker. I hope.

I know a few people have been having problems logging in – some of these problems are related to how slowly the website was performing and that should gradually be sorted.

We will also try and improve the design of the forum, although I think it looks better than what was there before.

We’ll also try and catch up with some news pieces, since we weren;t able to post any / many yesterday because the site was down.

tomotley
    Participant

[quote quote=830837]As a suggestion – why don’t you just clear out all the clutter from the forum.
    Looking on my mobile the view is marginally better than before, but still I have to scroll down through a whole page of clutter before getting even to the content.
    Not sure who is advising BT on this, making it user friendly etc but I wouldn’t be in a rush to pay the bill.
    [/quote]

Fixed?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Although now we’ve lost the bar with the ability to post links etc…

SimonS1
    Participant

[quote quote=830987]

As a suggestion – why don’t you just clear out all the clutter from the forum. Looking on my mobile the view is marginally better than before, but still I have to scroll down through a whole page of clutter before getting even to the content. Not sure who is advising BT on this, making it user friendly etc but I wouldn’t be in a rush to pay the bill.

Fixed?
    [/quote]

Its not intuitive at all Tom.

Why does it offer me the ability to start a new thread when I’m reading a different one? But the page numbers and button to jump to end of thread has gone?

And after I finish typing I have to scroll down past loads of clutter to find the button to post it?

And a big grey BT banner blocking about 20% of the screen?

There is a green bar saying ‘change edition’ stuck permanently in bottom right.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Well…

Why does it offer me the ability to start a new thread when I’m reading a different one?

We can remove that

But the page numbers and button to jump to end of thread has gone?

That’s a mistake, they are being re-introduced

And after I finish typing I have to scroll down past loads of clutter to find the button to post it?

All of that was at the top – but you said it filled the screen, so we put it at the bottom.

And a big grey BT banner blocking about 20% of the screen?

Funnily enough, most people think it’s too small, but on mobile it is larger, yes.

There is a green bar saying ‘change edition’ stuck permanently in bottom right.

We might move that into the main menu.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

And we’ve brought back the Back To Forum button

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 103 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls