Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 103 total)

• Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

Hi drflight – we’re looking into this and will let you know once this has been resolved.

Flightlevel
    Participant

Had no real problems and used it on a not new smartfone all over world in last weeks,I think some comments are unfair,its much easier to use and review others.
    We can all wish for preferences (mine is spellcheck!) however the first rule is K.I.S.S. and it works well and we’ll all soon find it easy to use I’m sure!

SimonS1
    Participant

Logged on today on iPhone and impossible to read or do anything due to the main menu blocking half of the screen. See screenshots.

Am I alone in longing for the original forum which was quick and functional even if a bit basic. Two upgrades later and it really is all a dogs breakfast..,

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Hello, I’m sorry you feel like that.

The screenshots you’ve attached show that the navigation bar is down so you wouldn’t be able to see anything in those circumstances, no one could, since that’s how you move around the site.

The menu bar is controlled by the arrow, and it works fine on all the iPhones and Androids that we have tested it on.

I’ve attached the screen grab from my own phone.

Screenshot_20171015-204534

SimonS1
    Participant

I can assure you that having tried every button, refreshing the page, closing the site and reopening I couldn’t shift it.

As you can see from screenshot attached “plenty of room to type” is a bit of a misnomer.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

OK, but on that last screen shot, I’m not sure what else we could do.

We have no control over the size of the keyboard which needs to be large enough for you to type on (that’s in your settings for the phone). So if that takes up half the available space, there’s only the box above to type into. If we make the top bar with the logo disappear, you also lose the ability to have any navigation – and we’ve already been asked to add an extra button saying Back to Forum which will take up more room.

On top of that several posters have asked for avatar / images next to their names, which would take up even more room (which is why I’ve said we can’t do it).

There are still some improvements we have to make, since we responded to comments about there being too much clutter at the top of thread by moving it to the bottom (Skip to Last Reply) etc…

But once it’s at the bottom there’s no point in it being there. The shame of moving it from the top is you now have to scroll right the way down the page to get to the end, but that’s the price of removing the quick buttons (Skip to last Reply and Add a Reply to this Topic)

SimonS1
    Participant

Still got exactly the same issues today on iPhone….the menu locked in place….whether it has 1 ‘stripe’ at the top or 3.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

OK, I will ask the tech team to try it – may I ask what type of iPhone it is so they can get into the specifics.
    thank you.
    Tom

thecartoonman
    Participant

@Simon S1 – ‘Am I alone in longing for the original forum which was quick and functional even if a bit basic. Two upgrades later and it really is all a dogs breakfast..,’

I have to say, I am with Simon on this one, I look at the new Forum now and think ‘what a bloody mess’, don’t know how much it’s cost but how anybody can think that the new layout is anywhere near acceptable is beyond me, it’s a step backwards not forwards.

Think I will log off for a month, or so and see if it’s any better by Christmas?

SimonS1
    Participant

[quote quote=832378]OK, I will ask the tech team to try it – may I ask what type of iPhone it is so they can get into the specifics. thank you. Tom
    [/quote]

IPhone 4S

capetonianm
    Participant

It would be useful to have a ‘preview’ button before posting.

I usually read my efforts after posting and find a typo, have to go back and correct, sometimes more than once, or else I end up looking like an illetirate idiot (maybe I am!)

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I can certainly ask about that.

I do edit a lot of posts for spelling and particularly to space the comments out a little (adding para breaks).

STORMIN'
    Participant

Whilst on IT issues, can I refer to my opening note #845093 under the Topic Status Renewal – or not with Miles & More? This thread started out with my Tag Name and then after a few threads, that changed somehow to reveal my full name. I drew attention to this under my note #845688 as follows:

“Footnote – Mr Otley, can you please explain why my tagname which was in place at the start of this thread has changed to reveal my real name – not a problem for me in respect of this thread but it might have been on a more sensitive topic”

Immediately afterwards, within his note #845701, FDOS quite rightly drew attention to the fact as follows:

“That’s a Data Protection breach – please fix it immediately BT”

I’m surprised that you have not responded to this

STORMIN'
    Participant

And I note that my name is still being shown

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Hello,

Sorry about that. I didn’t see it mentioned on that thread.

I don’t know why it happened but I have reported it to the web developers and also hopefully fixed it.

Tom

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 103 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls