Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 103 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

It’s a nice fresh design without being radical. Seems easier on the eye.
    I’m sure the bugs will be worked through shortly.
    Well done Tom, Mark and the the Team.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Thank you – yes there are quite a few bugs.

If you are logged in – please stay logged in – some subscribers have noted that they can’t get back in. Instead they have what they call a “silent fail” – you put in your details and password, and it just flicks you back to the home page and you aren’t signed in, whcih is confusing and then frustrating, in that order.

In addition those trying to register are having some difficulty, so sorry about that

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Home button doesn’t work on the buger bar menu – will get that fixed as well.

K1ngston
    Participant

The forum tab has gone on the home page as well, they should remain as the navigating tabs Tom??

capetonianm
    Participant

Ironically I missed the updates to this for precisely the reason stated above, and that was annoying me, that threads no longer appear in order of ‘freshness’.

I see a few other small bugs too which have been mentioned, and I am sure that when we all get used to this new layout and the bugs are squashed, it will be fine.

I don’t notice that the new design is any quicker to load than the old one, but that is a very ‘non-scientific’ observation, and compared to other sites, it still seems slow, but that’s not a big deal.

FrequentTraveller
    Participant

A few other minor issues to be added to the list of things to fix.

6) When entering the competition, I pressed the Enter Competition button and got an error message there was no text. So I tried again and entered a comment on the page at the same time. The second attempt did not display the error message. Then I noticed “Thank you, we have received your entry.” text on the page. I am not sure if it was my first or second attempt which was actually registered successfully.

7) I am not noticing a huge improvement in the speed of pages opening.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Well you’re right about both of those things so sorry about that.

They are still trying to fix a number of problems and then will work on speeding up the process.

FaroFlyer
    Participant

Fully agree. It is very confusing, and not user friendly

travelworld2
    Participant

Agreed. It’s slow and has taken me three attempts to post this…

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

Hi all – the issues of site speed will be addressed in the very near future once the web developers have implemented a new caching system for the site.

We’ve also taken note of all comments on the thread below, and will be actioning them as soon as possible, but please do continue give us feedback.

https://www.businesstraveller.com/forums/topic/new-website-design-coming/

Johnnyg
    Participant

Must admit I am finding the page harder to read, especially colour wise.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Something new for the list:

Just tried to post and it said “ERROR – Are you sure you want to do that?”
    Not sure what it wanted me to check, but clicked again and it posted without problem.

travelworld2
    Participant

It clearly knows what you are like, Lugano Pirate 🙂

travelworld2
    Participant

PS. The smiley face that I put after my light hearted post about LP hasn’t appeared- just to confirm I was just joking…

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Well after the website has been down for over 14 hours and had to be moved to a new server, I just hope today we can stay on air.

The internet is the worst thing that has happened to civilisation.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 103 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls