BA STRIKE BACK ON. Injunction Reversed.

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 140 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

Geo – quit the dramatics. Your response omited:

1. The data supporting the 70% strike support

2. the whole story about the supposed BA attitude towards compassionate leave

Look forward to hearing something you can support with facts.

Next……………………..

Potakas
    Participant

Geo i haven’t read all of your post so i don’t know if you mention it but are BA’s cabin crew? What is your relationship with BA?

VintageKrug
    Participant

On your own numbers, geo, 6000 is not half of cabin crew.

Account_Deleted
    Participant

Account deleted

VintageKrug
    Participant

Um….so that non-unionised crew you didn’t include would actually mean an even larger population who did not vote to reject the offer; further backing up my assertion that it was not a majority of crew who voted to strike….

*leaves geo his shovel, as he digs deeper*

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Geo – how about a link to confirm “your numbers” becasue as with everything mentioned in your posts it looks very much that you are making little fibbies up as you go along your dainty little way. Be a little more butch and stand up for your principels and support your assertions with facts not fiction. Blow on your magic wand and see what comes forth!

VintageKrug
    Participant

Do you have to be so vulgar, MartynSinclair! 😉

I shall have trouble sleeping with that image in my mind. I hope geo doesn’t hurt his back blowing on his wand.

Here are some numbers reported by the BBC which state that about 65% of those Unite members polled voted for a strike. When you add the several thousands who are not Unite members on top of this, you realise that there really isn’t a majority of crew in support of rejecting the offer.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8527100.stm

Then understand that not all those voting to reject the offer will actually go out on strike and you will realise that there is a significant number of crew willing and able to report fro duty, supported by another 2-3000 volunteer crew (haven’t checked that number, so it’s a guess).

MartynSinclair
    Participant

VK – whats vulgar about blowing on your magic wand like all magicians that pull items out of thin air like Geo’s numbers and facts. When i were a kid, sayings like these were common and decent. Its all you young folk that think manage to turn a perfectly normal saying isto somehting it wanst intended. Now then VK, clean your mind up and take some ginger tea. Its probably better for you than that bubbly stuff destroying your liver!

You lot need to lighten up a little – what with GEO’s mind going one way and VK imagining all sorts of antics – may I remind you all that this is a decent forum – etiquette, honesty and openess shoul dbe the name of the forum.

Now all of you behave yourselves.

Cwyfan
    Participant

The numbers are history, and so are now irrelevant.

Instead, what matters is are passengers being punished for Unite’s inability to integrate BASSA into its union, and the answer seems like yes to me, and are there enough staff willing to show loyalty to BA to keep it flying, despite these militants, and again this seems increasingly like yes to me

VintageKrug
    Participant

its members not “it’s members”

continentalclub
    Participant

From The Times, Tuesday 25th May:

http://bit.ly/cTszCV

Account_Deleted
    Participant

Account deleted

Cwyfan
    Participant

It seems generally accepted that the one issue remaining is the reinstatement of the non-contractual perks that were removed from strikers, as warned in advance of the last strike.

The strikers took that option, knowing that they were giving up those non-contractual perks,so what is there left to negotiate? It is a straight yes or no question, and BA rightly say NO.

Did your own relationship with BA not end so well then GEO?

NTarrant
    Participant

Oh dear Geo, *rolls eyes* more subjective opinions, based on what you think. But hang on you don’t fly BA so how do you know?

Why should they give back the “perks” they chose to strike, they knew the dangers. No need crying about it now.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I fear we are only having one side from geo.

Another flight completed this am – full BA crews, full BA plane, full BA catering, excellent service in Business Class for a little over £120 per sector.

When did you last take a BA flight, geo?

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 140 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls