BA STRIKE BACK ON. Injunction Reversed.

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 140 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

Hey VK – I was forced to correct your English on another blog – that is a first.

I am actually wobdering if GEo is one of this computer chat back gizmos that automatically answers anything thats sent.

He has still not responded with any facts other than his half stories and innuendos about his ‘lifestyle’.

Now be a good fellow ( ahem …..or otherwise) Geo and please. As we answer your statements with clinical and fair responses, please do the courtesy to others and answer with facts and support them with references to articles such as Sky news or BBC. otherwise, I may just as well state things like, BA Steward caught with hands in pocket!!!

VintageKrug
    Participant

I am humbled by your correction, though we’ll have to agree to disagree on the correct usage of the word “plane” as well. 😉

“BA Steward caught with hands in pocket!!!”

His own pocket or someone else’s? No doubt looking for some sherbets.

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

Hello Everyone,

Geo, I have a different question for you. Do you honestly believe that the union are in no way responsible for the current situation at BA?

NTarrant
    Participant

Geo your balance sheet may be healthy but it does not mean you are making any money. I don’t beleive you run your own company, not with the diatribe you have been spouting and the way you talk about WW.

I think also you have an issue with people whon were union representatives that become management.

So BA is not competative for a trip to the Far East, where and when?. Yet as always you avoid comment when you are proved wrong. In this or another simular thread I told you about my booking to the Middle East for October where BA is not only cheaper city to city, but also have ability to have an open jaw ticket (that’s flying into one city and returning from another), that is competative enough for me.

So you are not pro-union, but you won’t condem the actions of Woodley or Simpson with the Twittering. Do you really think that it is fair that the union is holding the company and its customers to ransom over some non-contractual perks? If you do then you are a fool *rolls eyes in disgust*

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

Geo,

once again you fail to answer the question I put to you. i did not ask if you were pro union or not, I asked if you honestly believe that the Union bares no responsibility at all for the current situation.

Also Geo why do you believe that just because on this occassion we disagree with you, we all have a ‘distaste for workers rights’.

I was the Human Resources director of a medium sized software company in Belgium that was heavily unionised. we had very few problems because the union leaders were level headed and sensible not militant and hellbent on causing trouble.

I am very much in favour of workers rights so please do not make broad sweeping assumptions about myself or any of the other posters on this forum without the knowledge and evidence to prove them.

Safe travels to all,

Jonathan

MartynSinclair
    Participant

VK – what is there to disagree on about using the term “plane”. The dictionary clearly defines the word as a smoothing instrument. One does not fly in a woodworkers tool. It is an aeroplane that one flies in.

Please fire both cannons and let me have your response.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Or marginally reduced flying schedule at one BA Hub, nearly 100% of route network still served, with two other major london gateways operating NORMALLY, 50% of BA crew not voting to reject BA’s offer.

I flew BA on Friday, Sunday, Monday and this morning. ALL flights operated normally.

BA is the business which supports the livelihoods of cabin crew as well; anything that harms that business harms them directly. Sadly further action will have to be taken unless strike action is stopped, and this will affect the many crews who did not vote for this action.

All the Unite team have achieved is a worsening of the offer to BA crew which WW put on the table last year. A whole lot of disruption for UK plc and customers. And the loss of cc support from the general public.

The Times seems also to think that BASSA is now broken. It draws this conclusion from direct quotes from BASSA leadership itself. Not broken by WW. Broken by its own self-destructive leadership, hell bent on confrontation and not focussed on getting the best deal for its long suffering members. I wouldn’t disagree with that statement.

NTarrant
    Participant

Geo – “WW has done NOTHING to rally his Crew troops” right so going by the figures and the number of flights which are operating normally shows that actually, as hard as it might be for you to grasp, he has.

Now hang on, “It won’t be any sort of decent company to work for in the future in any case” because there is no union? But why do you say that when you are NOT PRO-UNION?? How do you know that there are poor tired souls at LGW you don’t fly BA from LGW, I do and I don’t see what you describe. *rolls eyes again*

Cwyfan
    Participant

So GEO, your company does not fly BA as it is too expensive. As it is not making profits, it clearly would attract customers like you back if it reduced its cost base to become less expensive

Suggest that you email BA to say that is your position

My experience has always been that those who can, do, and those who can’t be bothered become the union rep

VintageKrug
    Participant

The poor, tired LGW souls you speak of were bright and breezy this morning with excellent cabin service and a cheery disposition; these are the first hand facts.

I regularly fly longhaul exLGW and find a similar story there. Most crew recognise they have had to pull together to save jobs and keep LGW going, a plan which has succeeded interestingly with the support of the union….which made exactly the same concessions at LGW as were sought by BA at LHR.

The alternative is not “shocking working conditions”. It is no work at all.

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

Hi Nigel,

How are you doing? Sorry to go off point but just had a great trip to TLV, sadly due to strike had to go ELAL but am going again next week and hope to fly BA.

KM-nice post above but no doubt Geo will have some reason why what you suggest does not make sense.

Cheers,

Jonathan

NTarrant
    Participant

Hi Jonathan

I’m fine thanks, hope you are too. Shame about your flight, fingers crossed for next week.

Regards

Nigel

Travellator
    Participant

Cost of strike is estimated at £ 7 m a day.

Just think what Oxfam or Christian Aid could do with that amount of money !

Food literally for thought ?

Cwyfan
    Participant

Perhaps you should ask Unite to donate the money that they give to the Labour Party to those better causes instead

VintageKrug
    Participant

Indeed the £3m per year Unite gives to Labour would be better spent digging holes for wells in Africa rather than just digging holes for UK plc.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 140 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls