BA STRIKE BACK ON. Injunction Reversed.

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 140 total)

• Cedric_Statherby
    Participant

I wonder if part of the problem here is that the union ballot asks “are you satisfied or would you back a strike”, WITHOUT saying that the strike that will be proposed if the vote is Yes will be for 20, or even 15 days.

In my view the Union should explain to the workforce exactly what it will require them to do when it asks their prermission to call the strike. You will recall that the first strike call at Christmas staggered everyone – management, cabin crew and commentators in the media – when UNITE went for the extreme and wholly disproportional amount of a 12 day strike.

The same is exactly true of the current threatened strike.

Incidentally, reading this thread of Walsh should/should not go – presumably he only keeps his job as long as the shareholders want him to stay. Has anyone a line on what the shareholders collectively want? Or are they just watching while their company founders?

Cedric_Statherby
    Participant

Speedbird (yesterday evening)

I flew First yesterday from Singapore to London. Limited catering (one might characterise it as WTP fare served on Club crockery etc)but otherwise no change to usual excellent service.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

the only line is from David Cummings of Standard Life owner of 7% of the shares. Not yet heard from the other 93%.

I presume that the board have the mandate to hire/fire WW or accept his resignation

binabdulaziz
    Participant

geohoveuk

I think you trole from union.

This strike very bad, tail should not shake dog.

One ee colleague explain me what people on bus top singing – have they no modesty? Very bad, who can take seriously?

binabdulaziz
    Participant

geohoveuk

I not care what you think, we have the oil – ha ha.

Account_Deleted
    Participant

Account deleted

binabdulaziz
    Participant

No, that the people riding on top of bus singing about it.

openfly
    Participant

GEO…I didnt mean that the cabin crew are unskilled people, but the job does not require much savvy! Lots of them have degrees but they found this job that pays them very well and has excellent conditions, at BA. I know several of them and they all agree, it is better than working for a living! And some of them want to throw it all away. Sad really.

binabdulaziz
    Participant

You definitely trole from union, no other person would writ this trash.

Travellator
    Participant

Where is WW just now – on the golf course ?

He should be in a meeting room with IGNITE – whoops sorry UNITE.

To save millions of PAX including myself more travel misery.

Never before have so many innocent people been seriously disadvantaged by TREASON.

Come on new Transport Secretary stop gloating on your apparent election success and get these infantile people around the table.

Your country expects !

Cwyfan
    Participant

Now there is a question, why does Geohoveuk have to keep repeating himself? He must have the same communication skills that he claims the BA management have. He should be the Unite Spin Doctor…or perhaps he is by the sound of him

Almost everybody is given a degree these days, so BA staff having them is of no consequence, as it does not require a degree to do their job

binabdulaziz
    Participant

Maybe he trole from airline pretending to be from union, ha ha.

Biggoonerfan
    Participant

The problem here is the UNITE leaders who are fully paid regardless what the outcome and who are leading their turkeys to vote for christmas! Can’t these fools see that none of them deserve a job – do what they did to the striking pilots in the USA – sack the lot – there are plenty of BMI and others who would bite off BA hands for a job – just for balance WW needs to move on as he has lost credibility with customers, investors and the regulators!

JohnPhelanAustralia
    Participant

Dear everyone,

To avoid the tedious repetition from Geo, could I suggest that we don’t respond to any more of his posts, no matter how inflammatory?

MarcusUK
    Participant

BA results for the year:

– £1 Billion less in revenues., or 11.1%.
    – £531 M Loss for the year (having made cuts £336 & saved on fuel £554M).
    – Company liabilities total £2.3 Billion.
    – Cash / access to £1.7bn.

The Times- last 2 days on line.
    B A does not seem very financially viable anymore…

And pending Strike costs, & the worldwide Bad press with it again, to come…!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 140 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls