BA Cabin Crew Strike – Consolidated Thread

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 500 total)

• First-Pax
    Participant

geohoveuk – there’s nothing petty at all about a 5* hotel. Can your ‘source’ tell you exactly what financial benefits and how many days rest a crew member receives on a LHR/SIN/LHR sector?

I travel as a passenger on the upper deck of a 747 regularly and the removal of the purser (which the unions fought tooth and nail) makes no difference at all. As for managers being ‘forced to partake in the service’ – isn’t that what a manager should do in order ‘manage’?

First-Pax
    Participant

Redflyer – a lot of us have paid thousands of pounds for tickets that we may not be able to use over the coming weeks and as passengers, we’ve all been held to ransom by the strike threats the union and some crew have been making.

We are owed an explanation which justifies this behaviour.

I’m still waiting!

Account_Deleted
    Participant

Account deleted

Tim2soza
    Participant

First-pax : Well said.

First-Pax
    Participant

You keep moaning about your terms and conditions – and threatening to strike because they are so bad – but when challenged to justify yourselves, bury your heads in the sand by refusing to answer perfectly reasonable questions…

WW is showing the guts needed to break the union stronghold and 1970’s thuggery that has blighted BA for too long now.

Good on you WW !

Hess963
    Participant

It is definitely not good for BA when the loyal pax are thinking whether they book their flights or not. And now we are arguing if the crews really deserve their earnings and privileges. Honestly–not only the probable strike, but I am seriously thoughtful of the crew’s attitude on board. I mean do they really could bear such pressure and ignore it and just move on with their daily routine onboard? They are just humans like us — so if you feel threatened, you behave aggressively and defensive. I am not telling that those crews will start behaving appallingly, but some will definitely have anger smoldering in their stomach ! And as human beings we are — we could misbehaved in a certain fashion… I am still planning and counting on BA and in those probable strike days…Just hope QF and CX will save and rescue during such probable cancellations.

omanpat
    Participant

you may not be popular Willie..but carry on with your job…keep cuctomers happy and re booking…keep BA alive. Drop the dross. I support you…
    And I know he reads this blog!

Tim2soza
    Participant

Omanpat – I agree.

WW – Get it done.

Bullfrog
    Participant

What a comment by Redflyer :

If the belief is that CC are vastly over compensated then that surely has to be a direct reflection of incompetent management over the years for letting it get to this stage.

“Well carry on with such intransigent stupidity & there will be no BA”

Carry on WW !!

I have had to hedge my bets because of Unite’s stupid game with the passengers .. I’m holding an F ticket on BA ex SFO and a VS J Class.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I don’t think their vastly overcompensated. It’s more the complex T&Cs which restrict flexibility which are to blame and WW is rightly focussing on those.

Travellator
    Participant

Unite press conference 11am this morning !

RedFlyer
    Participant

Yes you are right VintageKrug, but judging by a lot of the comments on this thread we would be led to believe that WW is a white knight riding in to rid the aviation world of the nasty evil cabin crew and their devil incarnate leader “Unite”.

A little perspective is needed me thinks.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Go the White Knight! WW is not perfect, and cabin crew are certainly not evil. Unite on the other hand…..

Remember if you need to get to the US that JFK-LCY services remain unaffected by any strike action, and still offer First Class levels of Tier Points:

http://www.ba.com/clubworldlondoncity

JordanD
    Participant

BA cabin crew to strike for three days from 20 March and for four days from 27 March – BBC News.

Travellator
    Participant

Advice Please

We are booked in F longhaul 747 on 30th – should we tough it out in the hope it will all go away or rebook the following day ?

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 500 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls