BA A380 is getting real

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 178 total)

• JasmineBear
    Participant

@BeckyBoop

I still don’t get the upper deck club layout – From the link it says there are 53 CW seats on upper deck, but there are 8 rows of 2-3-2, by my maths, that’s 56 seats CW in the Upper deck.

Unless they have staggered this even more than the current CW cabins….. and removed a central set of 3 x CW seats, this doesn’t make sense?

christopheL
    Participant

VK,
    You’re an naughty boy.
    Are you sure 2 + 2 = 5 ? I’m afraid it’s 4 only
    That’s why an airline with about 80 long haul destinations doesn’t fly “to over 100 destinations”.
    I may be wrong but I think that the European airline with the largest long haul network is your beloved AF 🙂
    There are other ways to count, and there is VK’s 🙂

dutchyankee
    Participant

ChristopheL, I have a feeling you will have a lot of fans here! Love your post! Apologies VK, but he has such a point considering how much you love correcting others!!!

LeTigre
    Participant

As much as I love disagreeing with VK, the A380 will be great in whatever config.

The lower pressure levels are really key as well as the lighting and extra space. Even with loads of pax, I am quite an A380 addict!

dutchyankee
    Participant

Fully agree LeTigre, I can’t wait for the BA A380, but love a little tangle amongst the chosen BA PR machine (wait for his profuse denials) and new posters rather surprised by his unfair and unwarranted BA slant, and this from me, a keen BA supporter !!

christopheL
    Participant

The number 1 quality of the A 380 is silence. It’s really amazing compared to other planes. Agree with you Letigre. Config is not that important.
    However I’m among the few not to be a fan of BA config because I mainly travel J with my partner and I’m a window seat fan. Not really good when flying BA.
    I really like the traditional 2/2/2 or 2/3/2 config and I’m desesperate to see AF adopting the CX seat even if I know that these seat will be 150% more confortable than the present AF business seat

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Jasmine good spot on the numbers not adding up hun. Looks like a typo on BAs part at the time however they seem to of updated the plan since it was first announced. See below for the updated seat plan.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/airbus-380-800-seatmap-469/public/en_gb

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ Binman62 – 05/03/2013 19:09 GMT

“Looks lovely and I am sure it will look great in reality also. But for me it is 6 years too late and the premium products in particular are stale and out of date. No matter how you cut it, in Club you do not have aisle access and that for me is a huge disadvantage”.

As we’re in the mood for numerical accuracy, there is a 50% “chance” of getting an aisle seat in the lower deck in CW and a 4/7 or a 57% “chance” of getting an aisle seat on the upper deck of the BA A380. I put “chance” in speech marks because, as we all know, BAEC Silver and Gold get to pre-select at the time of booking and unless this is immediately before the flight, I would dare say that there is a more than evens chance of getting an aisle seat….

esselle
    Participant

The video clip makes the whole set up look very uninspired.

We can hope it is better in real life.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“The video clip makes the whole set up look very uninspired.”

Did you think the middle seat in J looked a little ‘lonely’ and coffin like?

esselle
    Participant

Could it be a metaphor for “….another nail in……” ?

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ esselle – 06/03/2013 12:47 GMT

Mmmm. Time for a sense of proportion????

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

I suppose it’s as expected, nothing we haven’t seen before so nothing new. Same tired old business class, same substandard first class. I suppose if I flew economy or premium economy it would be no worse than any other similar cabin although the seat pitch is tighter than some.

It’s no good being disappointed, just as ever remember there are far superior offerings out there at better prices.

JasmineBear
    Participant

@BBoop

Thanks for this – yes appears they have taken out a row of 3 from Upper deck. Makes it look a bit more spacious on Upper deck front most cabin…..Maybe now the CW cabin of choice on any of their fleet !

Binman62
    Participant

anthonyDunn……..50% and 57% are still substantially less than 100% on AA and CX new products. I would also add that there are less than 6 seats if my memory serves me correctly where a passenger with dircet aisle access does not then have someone else have to climb over them when fully reclined.

It is of course a matter of personal taste and judgement but as I spend my own money on flights I want to maximise bang for buck and BA lagg badly in that regard..

Incidently the 50% and 57% figures you quote fall drastically without status and a refusal to pay for seat selection which, for a family of 4 is now just shy of an additional £500 on a single round trip. And BA whinge about APD!!!

I will still fly BA and do so in a few weeks time, but the products are old and stale and the A380 a huge lost opportunity.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 178 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls